• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
Cool, Giantbomb livestream! So what's going on in the livestream, just some casual gameplay/talking?

FluxWaveZ

Alright, as someone who has not played any of the games of either series, I gotta ask: what's supposed to be the difference between Dynasty Warriors and Dead Rising? Perhaps it's too simplistic a comparison, but I always hear the complaint for DW that most of the game is just killing hordes of mindless enemies and that's all I've gotten from watching Brad play DR3...

Xater

Super high-tech sci-fi user interface for a bus simulator, haha. Is he in the Matrix?

I bet the UI designer couldn't handle on what an awful game he was working on. Then he thought to make the best of it and design the most ridiculous UI ever for a bus simulator.

Alright, as someone who has not played any of the games of either series, I gotta ask: what's supposed to be the difference between Dynasty Warriors and Dead Rising? Perhaps it's too simplistic a comparison, but I always hear the complaint for DW that most of the game is just killing hordes of mindless enemies and that's all I've gotten from watching Brad play DR3...

They took out a lot of the stuff that made Dead Rising unique and made it optional in Dead Rising 3.

The appeal at least for me was the time limit and how you managed it. You had 72 hours, you were trapped and faced overwhelming odds. You had story missions that would expire and side quests and rescue missions that would expire along side it. Bosses would show up and try to delay you even more.

It was a pretty neat game that kinda loses something when the time limit is removed.

kuppy

I had this strange bus driver once that thought it was too hot and therefore always let the door open, maybe that bus model didn't had such high class security equipped, but yeah, it is better with it I guess.

Vinny is doing an awesome job, amazing.

Watching the Ashes Cricket QL now. It's amazing how many Americans know the term sticky wicket.
5Rvl9We.gif

Ken

Surprisingly, Jeff playing fighting games is one of the more boring things they stream that I don't enjoy watching.

KingKong

Surprisingly, Jeff playing fighting games is one of the more boring things they stream that I don't enjoy watching.

fighting games just arent that fun to watch unless its a tournament of some kind. there's just not a lot that can happen

Dead Rising has quite a bit more going on with it than your impressions. The thing that makes the series so special is that it has incredibly fun gameplay(killing zombies in hundreds of ways) yet balances it with some very demanding time limits and missions that require you to learn how to balance your time and so on. There's really nothing else like it and the comparison to Dynasty Warriors is quite silly as DW's combat system is exponentially deeper and it's a combat focused game but that's another story.

Brad is just running around and finding collectibles, leveling up, and having fun similar to how one would roam GTA V's world. There's much more to the game.

They took out a lot of the stuff that made Dead Rising unique and made it optional in Dead Rising 3.

The appeal at least for me was the time limit and how you managed it. You had 72 hours, you were trapped and faced overwhelming odds. You had story missions that would expire and side quests and rescue missions that would expire along side it. Bosses would show up and try to delay you even more.

It was a pretty neat game that kinda loses something when the time limit is removed.
I very much agree that the game loses a lot of that uniqueness or challenge when the time limit is removed. However, Nightmare mode is excellent and it doesn't feel like something thrown in at all. I would implore everyone to play the game in that mode first as the tension really can get to unbearable levels. The one thing that I didn't like about Dead Rising 3 is that psychopaths are only present in contained areas. Ie, you won't be driving around the world and suddenly come across one like you would in Dead Rising's mall. I suppose it makes sense when you consider it is an open world game but it does remove that element that you mentioned of happening upon an incredibly tough boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom