• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sportsfriends looks really, really rad. And the site says they're working on adding Wii remote support to Joust - I think I'm sold. Will wait until official release, though.

TraBuch

Banned
This is probably a stupid question, but who exactly is Max Temkin? I know he made CAH (I think?), but how is he connected to Giantbomb?

Recall

This is probably a stupid question, but who exactly is Max Temkin? I know he made CAH (I think?), but how is he connected to Giantbomb?

He is friends with them and Giantbomb like to have their friends and people they like be apart of some of the their content.

justjim89

Thinking about starting a new game in Skyrim and roleplaying as V-BOMB, famed climber and fighter. What do you think is the ideal race? Nord? Imperial?

justjim89

Obviously a Nord.

Kinda what I was figuring. Gonna have to spend a lot more time in facial tweaking than usual, but if results are satisfactory I'll probably put up some screenshots.

Speaking of the infamous dropper of statue arms, when are they gonna pick Pathfinder back up? People made those figurines for them presumably on hopes for the continuation of the series. Things may be different with Ian gone, since he was the only other one who really had a good handle on things besides Rorie, but man that was an entertaining series. Maybe Jeff could step in?

justjim89

I just remembered the only mod in here is emcee so we can just talk about how skyrim sucks all day and he'll just agree with us.

I tried getting back into Morrowind, but fuck me running is that game's combat clunky and infuriating. That, and failing to get the graphics and sound overhaul working killed my enthusiasm.

Say what you may of Skyrim's failings, but playing that game with Live Another Life, Frostfall, Hunterborn, Realistic Needs and Diseases, and SkyRe is really a transformative experience and for me at least makes the game a really immersive breath of fresh air.

Xater

Man Sports Friends saved this otherwise pretty boring UPF. There are so many good local indie games coming out lately. Whatever comes to PS4 I will get for some party fun.

LuchaShaq

Banned
As someone who loves the IDEA of Spelunky/soul's games, but doesn't really like playing any of it except soul's boss fights, recent videos have been fantastic.

Also there was going to be a GiantBomb CAH expansion pack that Ryan was working on with the CAH guys before he passed. I think that is very much in limbo now though.

Pole Riders is so great.

poleriders_1_by_realghostvids-d72nwsh.gif

poleriders_2_by_realghostvids-d72nwq7.gif

Also

alexis_by_realghostvids-d72nwsl.jpg

Curufinwe

I kind of wish I had gone Royal like Brad. Soul Arrow looks great for the start of the game. I went Templar and it took a long time to get a bow and arrow worth using. But a real bow did help me cheese a lot of the bosses later on.

Vinny pushing him towards the dragons was kind of mean.

daydream

Banned
Is Super Pole Riders 2014's Windjammers?

Definitely the most interesting game of the Sportsfriends titles, I thought (well, Joust is probably pretty great if you have those Move controllers).

Hokra seemed pretty neat, as well, BariBariBall less so. Something about the way you score, with the water and everything, doesn't jive with me.

(Notice how I didn't answer your question, because c'mon son. Can't beat Windjammers.)

The Sportsfriends segment was great, so much of Giant Bomb's content is one person playing a game as others commentate and some of the best content is when they actually do get multiplayer and co-op stuff going like this.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I've been catching up on the GB podcasts and just started listening to the December 31st podcast and around the 4 minute mark, I hear Vinny say "...ny Ex". I didn't know he got a divorce.

Zaph

He said "Max" (his son), not "my ex".

Lol, context is key. Nobody says "hanging out with my ex" after a recent divorce.

Probably an ex-girlfriend or something. He just mentioned in the latest podcast that he was making his wife a jewelry box. Let's get it on weekend BombGAF!
Lol fucking hell guys, you don't hang out with an ex girlfriend over Christmas if you have a wife at home. Or if you do, you don't tell the world about it.

chogidogs

I've been catching up on the GB podcasts and just started listening to the December 31st podcast and around the 4 minute mark, I hear Vinny say "...ny Ex". I didn't know he got a divorce.

Probably an ex-girlfriend or something. He just mentioned in the latest podcast that he was making his wife a jewelry box. Let's get it on weekend BombGAF!

Xater

I kind of wish I had gone Royal like Brad. Soul Arrow looks great for the start of the game. I went Templar and it took a long time to get a bow and arrow worth using. But a real bow did help me cheese a lot of the bosses later on.

Vinny pushing him towards the dragons was kind of mean.

I played Demon's Souls with Royal. No shame! Seriously that spell only gives you an easier start but loses it's effectiveness soon thereafter.

sprinkles

Man, Patrick beat Ornstein and Smough on the first try. Granted, he is way higher level than I was at that point but it still took me 5-6 solid hours of attempts at those guys.

derFeef

Watching the Demon Souls BB reminds me how much more I enjoyed that game compared to Dark Souls - maybe it's the environments. I just love those castle and dungeon sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom