• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
idgYUEQsCUb0m.gif

<3

Second try, really. He lost last time when he first got to them.

Still, fuck I'm jealous of his skill. Smough and Ornstein combined with Lautrec served as a brick wall that killed my Dark Souls playthrough and lost to either of them combined over 50 times before giving up. Thinking about starting a new playthrough, even 40 hours in though I am.

I had to resort to summoning help for Smough and Ornstein since I constantly lost to them too. I'd like to say it's down to how you play but... Patrick definitely has some skills. I'd at least consider giving summoning a shot unless that's totally against your ethos.

Also, I've just started watching the Demon Souls Breaking Brad and it's so weird to hear Vinny talk about how hard he thought that game was compared to Dark Souls. Totally the other way round for me. And the part he pointed out, Estus Flasks vs Moon Grass, was the thing that made the first game significantly easier for me. I was totally stocked up on the stuff by the end. And I imagine Brad will be the same since he's totally a check-all-corners buy-all-stuff type.

I just listened to the Bombin' podcast from the 13th and Alex said that they couldn't go to Ryan's funeral and that it was a point of contention amongst them. That's crazy.

eot

Banned
If Patrick wants to finish Dark Souls tomorrow he's going to have to do some real poopsocking. I hope he doesn't save the DLC for last.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I just listened, that's the same way I took it.

What's the timestamp?

I remember someone mentioning this when it was archived originally, so I watched/listened to it all the way through, forgot what I was was listening for, and it never stuck out to me.

What's the timestamp?

I remember someone mentioning this when it was archived originally, so I watched/listened to it all the way through, forgot what I was was listening for, and it never stuck out to me.

It's in the first ten minutes, youtubes being dumb and not loading the video so I can't get an exact time stamp.

Teddified

It's kinda funny in the AC: Liberations QL that Brad didn't know how to use or maybe know about the weapon wheel.

I know it was different in AC4, but it was pretty much the same button in 2-B-R-3.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It's in the first ten minutes, youtubes being dumb and not loading the video so I can't get an exact time stamp.

That's cool thanks, I got it. It's around 7.20 for anyone else who might see this.

Alex's use of the phrase "point of contention" makes it sound like something else, when really it's probably just that they live so far away and weren't able to make it, rather than not being allowed to go (which would be crazy).

dan2026

That's cool thanks, I got it. It's around 7.20 for anyone else who might see this.

Alex's use of the phrase "point of contention" makes it sound like something else, when really it's probably just that they live so far away and weren't able to make it, rather than not being allowed to go (which would be crazy).

Yeah that funeral comment stuck out to me as well.

I took it as a distance thing. It would be horrible if his friends weren't allowed to attend for some reason.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Since people here are talking about it, I tried watching the P4 ER again. Is it just me or is the video quality suddenly...err terrible? I don't remember it looking like this
fwhdzhow.png

popo

This is how conspiracy theories get started. Alex got banned from the funeral. Vinny spent the holidays with his ex. Brad is bad at games .. oh wait!

Also.

Catching up on "Dr" Luigi QL. Now I normally love me some Brad baiting but anyone else get a bit uncomfortable at Jeff's back seat heckling? He sounded so sincere and it isn't like Vinny was playing any better.

This is how conspiracy theories get started. Alex got banned from the funeral. Vinny spent the holidays with his ex. Brad is bad at games .. oh wait!

Also.

Catching up on "Dr" Luigi QL. Now I normally love me some Brad baiting but anyone else get a bit uncomfortable at Jeff's back seat heckling? He sounded so sincere and it isn't like Vinny was playing any better.

I feel that Jeff is now taking Ryan place in being annoyed by Brad playing badly a game.

Being fair, I believed Brad and Vinny excuse that the game was a little loosey for them.

FluxWaveZ

Jeff was criticizing both Brad and Vinny, though. Although, I found that moment somewhat ironic since what he was saying is exactly like people who comment on Quick Looks, criticizing the staff when they play poorly.

Since people here are talking about it, I tried watching the P4 ER again. Is it just me or is the video quality suddenly...err terrible? I don't remember it looking like this

It doesn't look particularly worse than it did before from that screenshot.

Zaph

Just loaded up an episode, and yeah, it does look a little crappier than I remember. Maybe when they moved all the vids over to CBSi they got recompressed?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the timestamp?

I brought this up last week but dropped it. Best not to speculate.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah I really need to give it a try again... I keep abandonning the P4ER after 4-5 episodes... Maybe I'll just start at ep10 or something and fuck it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man I can't believe patrick got through all of the most infamous sections of dark souls with relative ease.

Anyone know what the chat was like when those happen?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Man I can't believe patrick got through all of the most infamous sections of dark souls with relative ease.

Anyone know what the chat was like when those happen?

Most people were just pointing out how lucky he is, but you know. There's always the idiots saying he's doing it wrong, that's he's hacking, that there's no way he would be able to do it without reading a faq before, so on and so forth.

He's playing again right now on the Crystal Caves. And it's hilarious, because he's getting a little bit of difficulty and lack of luck and it's so good (because he has been so lucky so far).

Dark Souls is an amazing game.

Curufinwe

Some guy on twitter called Patrick a cancer and a Jew for retweeting the Play Arts Quiet figure from MGS5 and calling it "Character Design".

These people are scary dumb, and just plain scary.

FluxWaveZ

Is the Chrono Trigger ER worth watching through?

Man... what a bummer that was. I think I only got five episodes in, but the Patrick + Ryan combo (which wasn't ever very entertaining for me), the idea of them going through a game like Chrono Trigger without the humorous charm that the previous ERs had (plus no VA) and the fact that Patrick had already played through the game made the whole thing feel pretty lame from the outset compared to the P4 and DP runs.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Everything about the way Patrick and Vinny play Dark Souls seems so unsatisfying.

sixghost

Everything about the way Patrick and Vinny play Dark Souls seems so unsatisfying.

I think it's a pretty common way to play your first time through. My first character was tanky as hell, with points in faith to make him even tankier. You really need to have a mastery of the combat in that game to play a fast-rolling str/dex build, which comes later on.

demidar

I think it's a pretty common way to play your first time through. My first character was tanky as hell, with points in faith to make him even tankier. You really need to have a mastery of the combat in that game to play a fast-rolling str/dex build, which comes later on.

First run through of the game was with shield + Lightning Spear.

Some of my most recent runs were with a magician wielding a claw that I cast crystalline weapon enchantment on, and light armour ninja washing pole lady. Don't really need a shield anymore.

MNC

Oh my god, a PC version of viva pinata?
How is it performance and bugwise? It can't be a good port, that's for sure, but if it's playable enough...

Although, I found that moment somewhat ironic since what he was saying is exactly like people who comment on Quick Looks, criticizing the staff when they play poorly.

And Jeff very much acknowledged that. I found it really fun, especially during the start of the video when you could hear Jeff's frustrated grunting. Who doesn't find making fun of someone's bad playing good entertainment?

You seem so unsatisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom