• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Unexpected dungeon deaths were probably my favourite thing in P4ER. Really need to find time for a third rewatch.

The only two that come to mind are the Hama moment and the Contrarian King moment.

This was also memorable, but because they did the opposite of dying:

justjim89

Man, Patrick beat Ornstein and Smough on the first try. Granted, he is way higher level than I was at that point but it still took me 5-6 solid hours of attempts at those guys.

Second try, really. He lost last time when he first got to them.

Still, fuck I'm jealous of his skill. Smough and Ornstein combined with Lautrec served as a brick wall that killed my Dark Souls playthrough and lost to either of them combined over 50 times before giving up. Thinking about starting a new playthrough, even 40 hours in though I am.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Breaking Brad: Ikaruga

It wouldn't be any harder than Volgarr.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've been listening to the This Year compilations of the Hotspot, and Jeff is a goddamn firecracker on that show. Probably just because these are all the edited best bits, but wow. And Brad sounds different, interestingly enough.

Risible

I've been listening to the This Year compilations of the Hotspot, and Jeff is a goddamn firecracker on that show. Probably just because these are all the edited best bits, but wow. And Brad sounds different, interestingly enough.

Bear in mind Jeff has had a rough couple of years. I know he had mentioned something with his father a while back, and then Ryan. Coupled with the stress of creating GB and then selling it to CBS, I'm sure the dude is overdue for a long-ass vacation to rejuvenate.

Watched a bit of Trick's Dark Souls run and man, he's got a pretty winning combo going on. Poise that will allow him to walk through nearly anything, some of the best armour in the game, the best mid-shield in the game, and Power Within. His weapon could be better but it's not too bad, that R2 special attack is pretty nice. He certainly gets lucky several times during the first part of that Smough & Ornstein fight (Smough attacking several times from off camera and just barely missing, Christ!), but no Dark Souls run is complete without a hearty scoop of luck.

I'm looking forward to the Artorias and Manus fights.

Edit: Ah, he switches to the Black Knight Greataxe later. Truly a godlike weapon.

Dany

Banned
Why is Brad the one steering the Assassins Creed Liberations QL? He hasn't played 3 or 4... Might as well have vinny's baby play it
TadkV.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
Why is Brad the one steering the Assassins Creed Liberations QL? He hasn't played 3 or 4... Might as well have vinny's baby play it
TadkV.gif
Brad has owed liberation since he go his no longer special vita bundle a year and change ago. Amazing he never even played it.

ev0

TadkV.gif

I'm inclined to agree. I usually don't like to rag on Brad. But I also think it's partially the fault of ACLs design. Brad had mostly no idea how to climb trees or follow those paths correctly mainly because ACL never trains you; you learn all the signs from AC3. Vinny clearly knew what to look for.

Hama is a motherfucker.

It's the one where they're hitting Rush to get through easy combats, and the bird one-shots Charlie with Hama.

Hama

After about an hour of dungeon-grinding
the main-character got hit with Hama and died out of nowhere

Vinny gets hit with Hama

"You can't
Hama
me!" - Vinny

Ah yes. I remember that one. I nearly died from laughter.

The only way to know for sure is to have a PVP duel between Vinny and Patrick, my moneys on Vinny's Havel/Iron Flesh combo, Vinny is the Dark Soul hipster after all.

Curufinwe

I'm inclined to agree. I usually don't like to rag on Brad. But I also think it's partially the fault of ACLs design. Brad had mostly no idea how to climb trees or follow those paths correctly mainly because ACL never trains you; you learn all the signs from AC3. Vinny clearly knew what to look for.

I managed to muddle my way thru it on the Vita despite not playing 3. The frame rate really made it a chore, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom