• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2591760-davelang2.gif

That stream was pretty great. First Spelunkin' I've watched live. Dave Lang needs to be in more Giant Bomb stuff. The TNT where he was talking about the games he developed was pretty awesome.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think Dave Lang's proven that there doesn't need to be a difference between "just an office joke" and "an actual product that's released for sale."
For a second I thought he was the guy who wanted to do that John Drake tracker, too. Then things would be getting ridiculous, ha.

justjim89

Christ I hope they were joking. They've already ran Windjammers into the ground. If they actually make this it'll get old quicker than Dive Kick.

I think I like "Early Look" more than "Unfinished" but it's too late. They've already named something. v_v

My problem with "Unfinished" is that they say this could include preview coverage.

Jeff sometimes gets asked about upcoming Quick Looks on tumblr and he often talks about ridiculous embargos. They have the full finished version of a game on hand, but they won't shoot a QL before the publisher allows for more than 5 minutes or whatever.

If they shoot those videos now, they'll be doing "Unfinished" videos on games that are actually totally finished.

Megasoum

Banned
My problem with "Unfinished" is that they say this could include preview coverage.

Jeff sometimes gets asked about upcoming Quick Looks on tumblr and he often talks about ridiculous embargos. They have the full finished version of a game on hand, but they won't shoot a QL before the publisher allows for more than 5 minutes or whatever.

If they shoot those videos now, they'll be doing "Unfinished" videos on games that are actually totally finished.

Having a new feature called Unfinished doesn't nullifies the embargo. They will still avoid games that are limited to 5 min of footage pre-release.

What that changes now is that they will be able to do actual preview coverage. IE when a publisher comes in 2-3 months before a game is a out with a preview build of the game (a preview build is not the final version of the game) to show it off.

In the past they would just skip that because there was not much reason to show it off. Now they actually have a vehicle for that stuff.

Not going to lie but when Dave Lang talked about active frame and hit boxes, it makes me feel like he has knowledge of fighters. I wonder what his favorite fighting game is.

Megasoum

Banned
Also for anybody that didn't have a chance to watch the Spelunky video, Dave Lang was clearly kidding when he was talking about Windjammer.

A remake would be too risky, I just want Windjammers available on PC/PS4 or something so it can be played drunk alongside Samurai Gunn and Nidhogg.

Khezu

Not going to lie but when Dave Lang talked about active frame and hit boxes, it makes me feel like he has knowledge of fighters. I wonder what his favorite fighting game is.

His studio worked on Divekick, Street Fighter 3 Online Edition, Marvel vs Capcom Origins, and Darkstalkers resurrection.

I hate how Patrick passes off him making a smart move in Dark Souls as him not looking at the chat.

That subtle mix of trolling and helpful information. Glorious

As someone who hasn't played Demon Souls, I am right there with Brad on trying to decipher when he's helping or bullshitting, and the chat is equally full of people trolling so I never had any idea what to expect lol.

pax217

Net neutrality's first victim. Unpro fridays.

I am a bit behind, so I don't know if they already found out, but that is a Dublin accent trying to sound kiddy. However, is seems a bit off...

Did a small bit of checking on Linkedin (http://uk.linkedin.com/in/louridge) and a woman doing the voice grew up Ireland, studied in Dublin, but has worked in England for the past few years.

So, it is mock kiddy Dubliner with UK hints!

Nice work. Kudos! (RIP PGR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom