• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Bases Loaded was my NES Baseball game of choice. Makes me sad it gets a bad reputation these days.
I played the hell out of Super Bases Loaded.

I picked Demons Souls back up today bc of all the souls coverage lately. Did 1-1 and then 2-1and I swear the same invader came to me in the same spot. When I saw it on the stream I just assumed this was a forced in game invasion but I guess not. I was poisoned immediately like brad was and the invader had the same armor layout. My equipment started breaking to. Once a second thing broke I rolled off the cliff to leasen my loss.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yeah I can kind of see why they would opt not to use the capture kit. It really does look rough.

The main issue with the text is that it outputs at half the vitas resolution and then doesn't do any proper scaling to it to display at native.

You could throw bilinear filtering on top and you'll get text that looks a lot better and more legible, but then everythings a blurry mess so it's not really a good alternative.

It just seems like the biggest issue is USB bandwidth. He was able to get it working before, so I'm sure theres got to be some way to do it again.

I recorded the chat for Breaking Brad, as I am wont to do, so we can all relive the various ups and downs all over again!

It's like you're there, or something.

Jintor

Last time I got invaded I was running around Sen's Fortress. Spend like 20 minutes looking for the guy and when we finally met, he turned around and triggered of those big arrow traps and died.

A dude invaded me while I was wandering around the Abyss. I kicked him off a ledge.

Zoggy

man i felt so bad for brad when that dork invaded and broke all his stuff. he wasn't even mad, just disappointed.

then such a twist of fate when he entered latria and got that stuff back. great episode.

also vinny's monologue about the monumentals was glorious

MG310

I started Demon's Souls for the first time this week...think I've gotten invaded 4 or 5 times in 20 hours...2-1 and 1-3. It kept finding people for the Old Monk boss as well. Not as many as I thought for how much I was in body form, but there still seems to be people around.

popo

I found plenty of threads better than this one in 2013. The scrolling mechanic was nothing but a gimmick and the dialogue between members to was poorly written with plenty of grammatical errors. Overrated thread; did not live up to praise.

but seriously, when we getting the 2014 OT?

It is every 20000 posts I believe, so a little over a month at current pace.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I recorded the chat for Breaking Brad, as I am wont to do, so we can all relive the various ups and downs all over again!

It's like you're there, or something.

Why would you do that? (please read this in an overly dramatic voice)
The chat is probably the worst thing about this feature. GB might have the best community but they sure aren't in the chat. Last time I checked it was bascially people complaining that Brad wasn't rushing into combat and that he didn't die a lot.

Why would you do that? (please read this in an overly dramatic voice)
The chat is probably the worst thing about this feature. GB might have the best community but they sure aren't in the chat.

Well, I've been doing it for years. And just like with Jeff, it would be crazy to stop now. But also yes it is mostly totally terrible.

I fucking love it.

Well, I've been doing it for years. And just like with Jeff, it would be crazy to stop now. But also yes it is mostly totally terrible.

I fucking love it.

Yeah, I admit that sometimes stream chat (not just in Giant Bomb but in general, especially Twitch) can be monstrous but it can be good fun sometimes. Moments of triumph and hype are fun to watch with the chat going crazy.

Curufinwe

4-1 was the best place for me to grind souls early on, so maybe that's where Brad will try next. I think that's where Vinny was pointing him towards. With his Soul Arrow it should be pretty easy to kill those skeletons and get enough souls to fix all his stuff and maybe level up a couple more times.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's something really off about kickbeat's looks and its random ass soundtrack sourced from a depressed 14 year old.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The amount of nu-metal and rap metal makes me unable to support it.

They don't even have the good ones like deftones and system of a down!

Jokab

Damn, I hate it when I miss a premium stream, waiting for the upload is always so painful. Doesn't help that I'm stubborn about watching them from the beginning so if I show up 15 minutes late I force myself to wait for the upload.

You can rewind with the new player. It's a great feature, both for if you're late or if you want instant replay of a funny moment.

Man what a dick that invader was in the latest Breaking Bad!

Edit: Also I'm cool with Vinny not leading him anywhere, but I wish he wouldn't purposely mislead him at times.

That KickBeat music. I almost got into a fight when I was in Arizona and laughed my friend's friend when we were in his car and was playing something similar. I didn't know people listened to this. I told him I feel like I was listening to a UFC movie soundtrack or energy drink commercial.

Brashnir

Kickbeat seems like a game that lacked the courage to truly go for complete stupidity that can be loved ironically, and instead landed in the land of things to be pitied.

I was really hoping that the story for Kickbeat would end up being "Yeah, that evil corporation stole the music sphere with ALL music in it...except this Papa Roach and POD and stuff. They left this shit behind."

Man what a dick that invader was in the latest Breaking Bad!

Edit: Also I'm cool with Vinny not leading him anywhere, but I wish he wouldn't purposely mislead him at times.

Can you imagine the backlash if Ian or Rorie had done this during the Dark Souls run? There would have been literal rioting.

Vinny (deservedly) gets away with a lot.

Serra

Brad crying about that invader breaking his stuff was fucking stupid. He had plenty of other weapons and armor to equip and keep progressing.

Also, something about sorcery being easy mode in Souls games...

LiK

Brad crying about that invader breaking his stuff was fucking stupid. He had plenty of other weapons and armor to equip and keep progressing.

He's not going full Sorc so it won't be a breeze in later levels.

Brashnir

Wait, sorcery is easy mode now? I thought running up to things and hitting them with a big melee weapon was easy mode. That's what the Dark Souls Police was telling us the other day about Vinny and Patrick's characters.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wait, sorcery is easy mode now? I thought running up to things and hitting them with a big melee weapon was easy mode. That's what the Dark Souls Police was telling us the other day about Vinny and Patrick's characters.

Sorcery, big weapons, starting as a pyromancer, heavy armor, shields in Dark Souls, taking chat advice, not taking chat advice. All these strategies and more can be found in the new book "You're a dirty cheater if you don't play D* Souls the way I did and suffer immensely while doing it"

LiK

Sorcery, big weapons, starting as a pyromancer, heavy armor, shields in Dark Souls, taking chat advice, not taking chat advice. All these strategies and more can be found in the new book "You're a dirty cheater if you don't play D* Souls the way I did and suffer immensely while doing it"

I don't mind how Brad plays like the chat. It's fun seeing how he thinks. I'm glad Vinny doesn't relay every bit of whining to Brad.

Recall

The only "pro" Dark Souls players are those who speedrun the game. Someone who has beat the game thousands of times has far more poignant things to say than some random chat.

There is no wrong way to play Dark Souls. You play how ever you feel comfortable.

Zornack

Eh, invading 2-1 with that weapon is a dick move. There's a reason there's not a similar weapon in Dark Souls (there's not, right?).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've seen GAF members with YouTube channels that have pretty nice Vita capture equipment. If what Jeff has isn't the same, than I wonder why they haven't tried looking into what those guys have.

The only "pro" Dark Souls players are those who speedrun the game. Someone who has beat the game thousands of times has far more poignant things to say than some random chat.

There is no wrong way to play Dark Souls. You play how ever you feel comfortable.

I agree with this. I didn't find the super tanky tactics to be as entertaining to watch but I'd never claim that it's not a legitimate way to play the game. Vinny proved himself anyway with the Artorias fight. That was exciting to watch. Brad has shown that he's more than capable of engaging these early enemies in melee combat as well.

Home

Another breaking bad stream tonight. Giant Bomb spoils us.

As to that invader, from his movements it was clear he was trying to grief brad by breaking all his gear, which is disappointing. As someone who's played about 300hrs of Dark Souls but 0 Demon Souls, and doesn't mind being invaded, I am so glad that weapon is not in Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom