• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

KickBeat is ok (I beat it a few days ago), but yeah the story is pretty dumb and the soundtrack is mostly garbage. I did like the ESJ tracks though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Should I watch the Broken Age quick look if I intend to play it?

Seems like something that is easily spoiled.

Just let it run in the background. They barley tal about the game, but it is still great.
I actually don't think they show any puzzles but I'd still recommand to just listen to it.

Dany

Banned
Yeah, the Broken Age QL is more of an interview with the game running in the background.
Not worth watching if you want to see the game.

M3z_

He better play it twice a week as many times as he can. If he only plays 2 hours a week he'd be playing for like 15ish weeks maybe more depending on how much he struggles.

Yup. That invasion was shitty. Come in, kick his ass if you feel the need to attention whore but breaking all his equipment early on when those souls are much more valuable is just a miserable asshole move. Unfortunately, that was what the guy was going for.

Yup. That invasion was shitty. Come in, kick his ass if you feel the need to attention whore but breaking all his equipment early on when those souls are much more valuable is just a miserable asshole move. Unfortunately, that was what the guy was going for.

Is wailing on a guy not going to result in busting up his shield when he's shielding? Do you have to go out of your way to break people's equipment in DeS?

Is wailing on a guy not going to result in busting up his shield when he's shielding? Do you have to go out of your way to break people's equipment in DeS?

Equipment normally takes a long time to break. The weapon he was using is special. It rapidly damages equipment. That is really all it's good for.

LiK

Getting your weapon/armor to break takes a lot of effort. The game is actually pretty good about that. The Scraping Spear unfairly destroys durability quite quickly. Anyone can spam attacks and just break your shit. The NPC that uses it is pretty slow so it's easy to avoid.

Woooo more BB ! i just defeated the Havel looking dude in 1-4 who has the scraping spear. Fuck that guy.

Man, I'll never forget the final boss of Demon's souls. I would keep inviting friendly souls to go into the fight only to watch them die within a matter of seconds. It also sucks that the final boss can
fucking take levels away from you. I lost like 6-7 levels trying to beat him throughout all of my tries.
It was such a miserable experience, but I beat his ass by myself, whooped his face and never looked by. Such a sense of accomplishment, too. Says a lot that that experience stuck with me so many years after the fact, hah.

bonesquad

Watching Spelunkin with Scoops I wonder if this is what watching NASCAR is like. We can say we watch to see new strategies and techniques, but really we watch to see him crash and burn in spectacular new ways.

LiK

Man, I'll never forget the final boss of Demon's souls. I would keep inviting friendly souls to going the fight only to watch them die within a matter of seconds. It also sucks that the final boss can
fucking take levels away from you. I lost like 6-7 levels trying to beat him throughout all of my tries.
It was such a miserable experience, but I beat his ass by myself, whooped his face and never looked by. Such a sense of accomplishment, too. Says a lot that that experience stuck with me so many years after the fact, hah.

Well, he's not technically the final boss. Just the last boss of 1-4. You could fight him before even entering the other archstones. ;)

Volcynika

Man, I'll never forget the final boss of Demon's souls. I would keep inviting friendly souls to going the fight only to watch them die within a matter of seconds. It also sucks that the final boss can

That soul sucking motherfucker. Co-op people and I beat him, but one of them got killed right before the victory ;_;

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Well, he's not technically the final boss. Just the last boss of 1-4. You could fight him before even entering the other archstones. ;)

Wouldn't the fog necessitate visiting and clearing at least one other archstone?

I beat that boss once and I cheesed him the other 20 times. I don't even fuck with that guy. just deathcloud and a bad of chips whilst I wait.

Which fog? I don't remember that being a requirement.

He was hard for me at the time. So many retries. Now I can beat him no problem.

You can't progress past 1-2 until you kill one of the archdemons and get a giant soul, so you have to clear all of archstone 2 or 4 before progressing.

Oh, I know. I was just reliving one of my favorite/hateful memories of the game, both singing praise of the game but also warning him and others of whats to come :p

Man, I'll never forget the final boss of Demon's souls. I would keep inviting friendly souls to go into the fight only to watch them die within a matter of seconds. It also sucks that the final boss can

I effortlessly killed him by shooting arrows at him from the elevator. He never moved. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2593912-callrorie-2.gif

MrDaravon

Honestly thinking of going Premium for a month so I can catch up on content, missed most of the Vinny Dark Souls stuff and obviously the ongoing Breaking Brad stuff. Hmm.

Patrick seemed to get super sloppy at Spelunky today.

As someone who started playing Spelunky recently, everyone has good days and bad days believe me.

An-Det

Looks like there's going to be another Breaking Brad tonight in an hour? Man, I only just got home and started last night's.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
All that practice with Dark Souls over the last few months has paid off. Some select trophy data for my patchy Demon's Souls playthrough:

Phalanx's Trophy: 6/11/09 - started the game, gave up somewhere after Armor Spider
Flying Dragon's Trophy: 10/8/11 - revisited my save and got as far as Allant, gave up, SL109(! the fuck was I doing)
False King's Trophy: 23/01/14 - new character this week, a total of 2 deaths so far, including one to this guy, SL59

Back in 2011 I must have died 10+ times to that boss before giving up on the game. He seemed completely unbeatable at the time. It's weird how the mechanics seem so straightforward now, but back then I was playing the game so poorly and just hacking my way through.

e: I realise this isn't really GB related, but there's so much DaS and DeS talk in here that it seems alright to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom