• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seriously need to calm down, holy crap. You skimmed a video for five minutes just so you could complain about it. What is wrong with you.

Watched Part 1 fully, I watched Part 2 up until the bit he got invaded then skipped till the end. He got all the souls near the dragons, crossed the bridge, brought the portcullis up, beat the slime boss thing, went back to Nexus, spoke to the candle guy at the top of nexus, spoke to the storage guy and gave him the jade hair clip thing.

So yeah I totally skimmed 5 minutes.......

There is a place.

Their is owned by them.

They're is "They Are."

They're driving their car over there.

Haha. Thank you kind sir. I will go far in life once again. also the brad whining.

e6c62bf796a76abd6f331213459108f0.gif

The journey is why I stay.

Remind me about how Demon's souls works: wasn't it that for someone to be able to join your game they had to be within a 20 level range of your current level? Does that apply to both friendlies and invaders?

BigAT

Remind me about how Demon's souls works: wasn't it that for someone to be able to join your game they had to be within a 20 level range of your current level? Does that apply to both friendlies and invaders?

It's been a while since I played, but I believe that is the case. They had to be within plus or minus 10 of your soul level.

Haunted

It's something like within 20% (+10%/-10%) for Dark Souls, I assume they didn't change that much from Demon's.

That said, since equipment is so important in the Souls series, two characters with similar soul levels can have vastly different combat capabilities. It's very simple to be a new character getting invaded by another SL1 character that just fucking destroys you in one or two hits.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I wonder if Vinny is planning his next video series, now that LOLS is done, or if Jeff intends to start one himself.

bjork

Jeff is pretty much the only one doing Encyclopedia Bombasticas so I consider that his feature.

I wish these were daily, but since he does them at home I know that's probably not ideal for him. I love the feature, though. Had me whistling that RBI music for like two days, recently.

That game does not hold up. I'm not sure I can watch it based on visuals alone. Vinny should play Ninja Blade. It's so hilarious and another FROM winner.

I think a whole playthrough a la the souls videos would be excessive, but I'd love to see a quick look throwback to see the roots of the series

Zaph

Christ, if I didn't think the Souls games were dull enough already.

GB are lucky they 1) have an annual membership off me and 2) have Unprofessional fridays otherwise I would not be subscribing.

I suppose I'm just unlucky that I have no love for Spelunky, Dark Souls and Dota 2.
I hear ya. I'm glad the premium content is rolling in, but I have no real love for any of those games.

Would kill for a good Pathfinder/Flight Club/Random PC game. But granted, those are harder to set up and no doubt some people are just as sick of them.

Phatmac

I hear ya. I'm glad the premium content is rolling in, but I have no real love for any of those games.

Would kill for a good Pathfinder/Flight Club/Random PC game. But granted, those are harder to set up and no doubt some people are just as sick of them.

Yeah, getting tired of all the Souls content. Hope they make better premium streams.

Aaron

I think Jeff should do a weekly series on his collection. Showing off the stuff, and playing a few of the more obscure games.

OMG Aero

Valve and From should just get together to make Dota Souls: The One True Video Game, then no-one will have to play/watch/discuss any other game ever again.

LiK

Once Demon's is done, they won't have another Souls game to play. Highly doubt they'll do Dark Souls 2 cuz it's too new.

brad's exasperated comment about "killing these guys for the fifteenth time" in 4-1 was funny. i don't know how many farming runs i did on 4-1 and 4-2 but it was sure as shit north of "15 times".

vinny is the best co-pilot though.

LiK

Brad needs to take Vinny's advice even if it's a troll. Stop being so wary. If you die, you die. You learn as you go.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm starting the third DS vid. Haha, punching skeletons, that's awesome.

Does he know you can heal with a spell by buying from the lady at the Nexus? Might send him a tip on Tumblr.

FStop7

Banned
I wish Hearthstone would get its hooks into someone at Giant Bomb the way DotA and * Souls have. The bombcast is the only game related podcast I regularly listen to any more, so if a game isn't being discussed by them then I'm pretty much not hearing about it at all (outside of GAF.)

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
The invasion in part 2 of Breaking Brad was just heartbreaking.

I groaned so loudly I woke up my baby in the next room.

I hope crap like that doesn't put Brad off.

I anticipate never beating another boss, so luckily it's not likely to be an issue!

I anticipate never beating another boss, so luckily it's not likely to be an issue!

The PC version is awful in regards to invasions - all the people invading have hacked the game and instantly kill you. The PC version is awesome but i never played as human for that reason.

inky

I wish Hearthstone would get its hooks into someone at Giant Bomb the way DotA and * Souls have. The bombcast is the only game related podcast I regularly listen to any more, so if a game isn't being discussed by them then I'm pretty much not hearing about it at all (outside of GAF.)

Wasn't Drew looking for a card game not too long ago? He talked about playing Solforge, which I played and liked moderately, but Hearthstone is way better I think. Maybe it doesn't have the deep deck building aspect he was looking for, but it can get there eventually.

I wonder if he tried it yet.

popo

Yup.

If anyone's interested, Dave is on the latest Tested podcast.

Looks like the works out of their SF office a few days a week.

That was a hilarious turn of events. Most of the Top Men (sans Dave) went to work for BermanBraun out of the Tested offices. After their years' contract most of them quit - many went on to join Dave's new venture. Tested now had empty space, Dave needed office space ...

Reminded me of the GB guys going back to the Gamespot offices and collecting 5 years of old voicemails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom