• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I would not want to start the DLC, run in the same city, and have a lvl1 guy honestly.

Doesn't have to be lvl 1, just give the player a set amount of points to place themselves and go. Plus Vinny brought up a great point as to how the guy just knows how to craft everything already....should have gone with the notebook idea. I don't know, it just seems like some lazy ass DLC for $10.

derFeef

Doesn't have to be lvl 1, just give the player a set amount of points to place themselves and go. Plus Vinny brought up a great point as to how the guy just knows how to craft everything already....should have gone with the notebook idea. I don't know, it just seems like some lazy ass DLC for $10.

You could start a fresh save, I don't really get the issue. But I agree with Vinnys idea, that would have been neat. I liked that plane moment tho - it was a "oh, right!" moment. Can't wait for the next episodes.

dan2026

Good Lord Brad playing Dead Rising makers me want to smash my head on a desk.

How can he not just do the simplest things, he gets distracted so easily, then forgets the most obvious crap.

LiK

huh, the guy doesn't look like what i had imagined in the DR3 DLC

and why do your stats carry over? can 't have fun leveling up again.

No, but I'm inevitably gonna become aware of the solutions to every problem I run into in a given episode, since people tend to send hints on Twitter, Tumblr et al as soon as it's over. I already know the score with the Adjudicator's sucking belly wound, for instance. Kinda unavoidable.

I think anything you get hints for or the solution to through external means after a full episode of ramming your head against a wall is totally fair game and just an extension of the communal mechanics of the game.

One piece of general advice with this game however, it is that where most games are designed around Positive Reinforcement for various gameplay scenarios, this game falls more on the Negative Reinforcement side of things. For example the Tongue attack of that boss when you're on the upper floors, your frustration with that situation was the intended effect as that's the game's way of telling you not to be up there. As you keep diving deeper into the Souls games just keep this mind, if you find yourself in a situation where you're repeatedly saying "Oh Come On!" or "That's Bullshit!" you're probably trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, so take a mental step back, figure out what it is you're doing and what information the game is trying to communicate to you.

These games are designed to reward highly methodical play, sharp observation and critical thought.

BearPawB

Banned
Bummed that the DR3 DLC looks dull as all hell.

Also, part of the Souls fun is hearing rumors/tips/possibilities. People are gonna tell him stuff, and it is kind of a bummer. But also kind of part of the community of the game.

Xater

huh, the guy doesn't look like what i had imagined in the DR3 DLC

and why do your stats carry over? can 't have fun leveling up again.

I'm with Jeff that it doesn't even make sense since you play someone completely different.

Zaph

Hopefully either Vinny or Jeff bought this for today's show.

oAPZN5s.png

I hope Jared doesn't join GiantBomb. Don't like him. At all.
I don't think they're hiring him. Didn't Jeff Green get told last month there were no open positions?

Brad playing Demons' Souls made me pick my game back up and remember why I put it down. I'm determined to get all the trophies so I'd grinded out the various weapon ones but since some of the upgrade material can only be obtained from crystal lizards, namely darkmoonstone, it's possible to miss them entirely. This caused me such anxiety that I stopped playing.

Anyways playing it again I pushed myself to go through the fog and beat the 4-3 boss. I even managed not to scare away the lizards during the battle and to get them both afterwards. Neither dropped a Pure Darkmoonstone. As I understand it they should have 2 or 3 more spawns before they are gone for good before NG+. Is there anything I can do to up my chances of getting a Pure DKM?

LackingSaint

Neo Member
That Paper Sorcerer game looks rad as hell. Shame the chat seemed so down on it; the choosing-your-party-monsters thing was neat and the flow of the gameplay reminded me a lot of Persona 4 in some ways.

Tan

Every time I see Paper Sorceror I initially think it's super cool and then everything just moves so slowly :(

"SHE'S A LIVING NIGHTMARE"

FluxWaveZ

I'm not the only guy here without a subscription, right? Mine lapsed about three weeks ago.

...It sucks. Not interested in watching Spelunky or Bombin' the AM, but might have to give those another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom