• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Good lord, this is the last time I call Vinny with a game suggestion. I'll just stick to heavy breathing from now on.

f0rk

How many people are in a situation where they actually have people to regularly play these multiplayer games with? They all seem really cool and it makes me sad I don't have anyone to play with, and even if I did PC isn't the most convenient platform for them (those that are exclusive at least).

How many people are in a situation where they actually have people to regularly play these multiplayer games with? They all seem really cool and it makes me sad I don't have anyone to play with, and even if I did PC isn't the most convenient platform for them (those that are exclusive at least).

I feel the same way. Nidhogg and Sports Friends are so damn awesome, but I'll never have the opportunity to play them properly.

sixghost

It's the second golden age of dorm room gaming.

Lunzio

Amen! I feel like I miss out on so much without friends that come over my house.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
KKukFDu.png

Have a gooooood weekend!

f0rk

It's the second golden age of dorm room gaming.

In the UK at least, I'd say the vast majority of people who play games at university with friends aren't aware of anything except FIFA and COD. It would be a great situation to be in sure, but I don't know how many people actually take advantage of it.
The last time I remember properly playing local multiplayer was Melee in high school. Mario Kart GBA before that.

Tan

Every couple of months I get together with some friends to play video games but they ultimately just end up wanting to watch a movie :(

I'd love to have a reliable bunch of people to play Nidhogg and stuff with.

I feel like Patrick just condensed the entirety of the Breaking Brad series into his latest 40 minutes of Spelunky.

He is too far gone. I feel bad!

It irritates me that Patrick is the easily the most privileged of the staff and yet his is the only perspective on social issues we get from the site (and of such potential social issues the only topic of conversation is white feminist perspectives).

Zornack

It irritates me that Patrick is the easily the most privileged of the staff and yet his is the only perspective on social issues we get from the site (and of such potential social issues the only topic of conversation is white feminist perspectives).

I think we get plenty of perspective from the other guys: it's not a huge deal so they don't spend much time discussing it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't disagree on principle, but I wonder what your reasoning is behind saying Patrick is most privileged.. in what sense?

I think we get plenty of perspective from the other guys: it's not a huge deal so they don't spend much time discussing it.

I disagree. I would be very interested to hear Jeff's perspective (someone who comes from a rural-middle class background) re: inclusivity or lack thereof of the industry compared to someone on staff who hails from an affluent Chicago suburb.

Zomba13

So Brads Demon's Souls run (and the fact that I don't have the trophies on my current PSN account) has made me go back to it and play a Royal spell caster. Having a lot of fun with it, never played a caster in a Souls game. Most was when I dabbled in Pyromancy in Dark Souls (but was mainly melee) and when I used the Second Chance and healing miracles in Demon's Souls.

I went to 2-1 after beating some other places (1-2, 3-1, 4-1) and getting some nice soul levels and new spells. Got invaded once in 3-1 but due to the bad connection I lost (got the guy down to a sliver of hp mutliple each times but my soul arrow wasn't doing damage even though it was hitting him on my screen) and then got invaded again in 2-1.

Reason for this post is I thought I was invaded by the same guy that got Brad. Same wep (scraping spear), same shield, same place. Mine was SirJesterGold or something but Brads was GGRamone or something. I guess that's a popular spot to break peoples equips or something?

I wimped out and quit the game via the crossbar but when I went back in got invaded again so just turned off the PS3. Woulda fought him fair if I didn't know what the wep did. No way am I gonna get killed by that and break everything.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I disagree. I would be very interested to hear Jeff's perspective (someone who comes from a rural-middle class background) re: inclusivity or lack thereof of the industry compared to someone on staff who hails from an affluent Chicago suburb.
I'm assuming the social issues you were mentioning are mostly gender equality related, right? I don't think Jeff's opinion is any more valuable or interesting that Patricks. And definitely not because of their social caste. If anything it'd be the good ~15 years Jeff has on him that'd offer a different perspective.

Personally I appreciate GB's considered and unfeverish approach to divisive issues.

I'm assuming the social issues you were mentioning are mostly gender equality related, right? I don't think Jeff's opinion is any more valuable or interesting that Patricks. And definitely not because of their social caste. If anything it'd be the good ~15 years Jeff has on him that'd offer a different perspective.

Personally I appreciate GB's considered and unfeverish approach to divisive issues.

No, I think Patrick handles that topic very well. I'm talking about issues of class, poverty, and race. Issues that seldom if ever get covered in this field. Things that cast a pale on the industry that I see no mainstream reportage of that someone like Klepek (along with every one of his cohorts, that I read anyway) seems ill-equipped to handle.

SummitAve

Banned
No, I think Patrick handles that topic very well. I'm talking about issues of class, poverty, and race. Issues that seldom if ever get covered in this field. Things that cast a pale on the industry that I see no mainstream reportage of that someone like Klepek (along with every one of his cohorts, that I read anyway) seems ill-equipped to handle.

If you want a more diverse perspective on social issues go take a step out your front door.... Unless you're the most privileged of them all!!

Justin

I don't disagree on principle, but I wonder what your reasoning is behind saying Patrick is most privileged.. in what sense?

He probably means that he grew up in a rich family. I think his father owned or was the CEO of the company that makes/made the helmets for the NFL.

So Brads Demon's Souls run (and the fact that I don't have the trophies on my current PSN account) has made me go back to it and play a Royal spell caster. Having a lot of fun with it, never played a caster in a Souls game. Most was when I dabbled in Pyromancy in Dark Souls (but was mainly melee) and when I used the Second Chance and healing miracles in Demon's Souls.

I went to 2-1 after beating some other places (1-2, 3-1, 4-1) and getting some nice soul levels and new spells. Got invaded once in 3-1 but due to the bad connection I lost (got the guy down to a sliver of hp mutliple each times but my soul arrow wasn't doing damage even though it was hitting him on my screen) and then got invaded again in 2-1.

Reason for this post is I thought I was invaded by the same guy that got Brad. Same wep (scraping spear), same shield, same place. Mine was SirJesterGold or something but Brads was GGRamone or something. I guess that's a popular spot to break peoples equips or something?

I wimped out and quit the game via the crossbar but when I went back in got invaded again so just turned off the PS3. Woulda fought him fair if I didn't know what the wep did. No way am I gonna get killed by that and break everything.

Is it rude to say you look like a knockoff Steve Gaynor. If so sorry. but really... you could pass for a sibling.

784890a66d2c2ca401260c706fb26815.png

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
...and the weekend begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom