• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
jesus christ
2594057-pat.gif

RaikuHebi

Banned
Oh, those posts. I was considering deleting them for a moment because Patrick deleted his tweet and it felt like it could possibly lead to ugly things, but then I decided against it because it felt like a non-issue overall, but then I had to delete some, uh, other posts in another thread and I guess the ones in this thread were still marked and got deleted too.

Whoops!

Fair enough lol.

Also you've revealed the ways of deletion. Marking of posts hey. And remembered from multiple threads? You've slipped up newbie!

jesus christ
2594057-pat.gif
loooooooooool.

Megasoum

Banned
I wish there was still a way to completely close the chat on the stream page (pretty sure it was possible before one of the redesign). I never check it (it's terrible most of the time) so I could use the extra real-estate for the video.

popo

Anyone know if Jeff is going to Vegas for a publisher event or just a vacation? (as referenced on the bombcast)

If the former, any idea what game?

Given his previous comments on how scummy he finds it, I would be surprised if it is on his own time.

Anyone know if Jeff is going to Vegas for a publisher event or just a vacation? (as referenced on the bombcast)

If the former, any idea what game?

Given his previous comments on how scummy he finds it, I would be surprised if it is on his own time.

to the D.I.C.E. Summit I think

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I really hope they get back to fully doing 4-1. Vinny should stop giving away shortcuts unless he has finished the levels.

I have not been keeping up with other Dark Souls II threads, but according to Breaking Brad I can imply that Dark Souls II has a 'use multiple items and once' menu option, and a 'repair all' option...

UI getting fixed!!

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
what's the turnaround time on archives of these live videos now that they're not using twitch?

sad to say I just finished work, saw the live stream was going, and logged in to see a wall of

<>
<>
<>

:(

what's the turnaround time on archives of these live videos now that they're not using twitch?

sad to say I just finished work, saw the live stream was going, and logged in to see a wall of

<>
<>
<>

:(

I missed it too. The archive can go up within a few hours if its on their quick backup, but can take overnight if they have to use the other backups.

You can rewind the player now for livestreams.

I like that they have added that.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I like this new player much better than the old one or twitch. I've been scrubbing around fine, leaving it paused while i made dinner and it started up fine, the alleged rewinding while live is a great feature on google hangouts and one I can't believe Twitch hasn't implemented yet.

Did Alexis or Ian have any hand in this or was it their GameSpot engineering rivals, I wonder.

popo

Oh...I didn't notice that with the new player... FINALLY... This is great. Now I need to find a way to get the video without the chat.

You can watch it on the front page without chat. Or click on "following" or "replies" to get rid of the main chat feed.

GS have have had a version of that live player for a long time, I remember rewinding e3 confrences 2 years ago.

I like this new player much better than the old one or twitch. I've been scrubbing around fine, leaving it paused while i made dinner and it started up fine, the alleged rewinding while live is a great feature on google hangouts and one I can't believe Twitch hasn't implemented yet.

Did Alexis or Ian have any hand in this or was it their GameSpot engineering rivals, I wonder.
Not sure if Alexis or Ian had a hand in the new player but I recall Alexis saying on a upf after they relaunched gamespot that they will be migrating giantbomb over to that player

Fox318

What is it about working offsite that doubles the amount stuff that comes out of the GB writers?

Do they just force them to attend HR meetings all day in the main building?

popo

What is it about working offsite that doubles the amount stuff that comes out of the GB writers?

Lack of meetings is one thing, but also no publishers pop round to show you a build that is embargoed, no PR pestering you by phone/email, no chasing review copies that were meant to be here already, nobody pops around to your desk for a chat, no preview events, no going out for a long lunch, etc.

Look at the respective work flows for say Monday - these are obviously just things posted Tuesday, we have no idea what else they were working on).

Patrick - 90 minute podcast, posted one brief news story, 1 hour Spelunky.

Alex - 90 minute podcast, posted a couple of trailers, (assumed) playing Octodad for review.

Brad/Vinny - 3 hour podcast, 30 minute Tomb Raider QL (assume at least 1 hour with setup).

Jeff - 3 hour podcast, (assumed) start of the week meetings.

Doesn't seem that disproportionate to me.

Zaph

It's because turning on a webcam and just going is a lot less involved compared to wrangling the three guys needed just to shoot a quick look. It's why so many high overhead publications are struggling to keep up with all the streamers.

But no offence to Patrick, he's a great guy and I like a lot of his work, it only takes a quick scan of GB's youtube page to notice the ease of offsite content also takes its toll on quality and the challenge of differentiating yourself from all the other bedroom youtube/twitch streamers is a difficult one.

Megasoum

Banned
You can watch it on the front page without chat. Or click on "following" or "replies" to get rid of the main chat feed.

GS have have had a version of that live player for a long time, I remember rewinding e3 confrences 2 years ago.

Yeah, the problem is that I would want it to take the maximum space possible within the chrome window without actually going full screen (I keep TweetDeck on my second screen so I don't want fullscreen).

popo

Yeah, the problem is that I would want it to take the maximum space possible within the chrome window without actually going full screen (I keep TweetDeck on my second screen so I don't want fullscreen).

You can resize the window on the main chat/streaming page - or at least you used to be able. Click the edge and drag it to the right. Not sure if it totally covers chat but it should minimize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom