• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Wonder where Brad will choose to go next. I can't wait to see him try Latria; I think he'll actually do better there than I originally thought, though I'm anticipating some
falling through broken floors
. Hopefully he won't take any more tips for bosses.

Makes it all the way through nearly unscathed...and then
Baby's Nail Black Phantom sticks him on his way up to the boss door

Rodhull

Has anyone already mentioned that they have a new signed poster available - it is that nighthawks one

Actually it was on sale but there was a screw up and do it will be back next week.

2596221-7587676830-Night.jpg

That's pretty cool. How much was it selling for? I think I still have credit in the store from when I subscribed.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think it's inevitable that Brad will get lost with all this talking.

Kelas

I'm about ready for the Brad counter to go up by 1.

Kelas

Brad counter to 3 and all is right with the world.

I like how Brad freaks out about crystal lizards, despite having an abundance of mats he couldn't care less about.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Patrick is such a dick! I've been using the DS4 as my primary controller since October and Bluetooth just isn't reliable. I have the best possible setup too; a new motherboard with integrated 4.0 and giant antennas. So I replied on twitter saying "use the USB cable you dolt." And then he talks to me like I'm a child. Why would he even engage that comment? They even talked about it on the podcast how the only reliable way is the USB cable! I was defending him a bit ago when people were talking about his high horse but now I can see it.

Patrick is such a dick! I've been using the DS4 as my primary controller since October and Bluetooth just isn't reliable. I have the best possible setup too; a new motherboard with integrated 4.0 and giant antennas. So I replied on twitter saying "use the USB cable you dolt." And then he talks to me like I'm a child. Why would he even engage that comment? They even talked about it on the podcast how the only reliable way is the USB cable! I was defending him a bit ago when people were talking about his high horse but now I can see it.

Overreacting much? Here's his reply quoted from twitter: "1) Learn to talk like a human and not insult people. 2) We use our PCs to play games on a TV in a diff room."

He tells you the reason they can't use USB and reminds you that calling strangers stupid isn't very good behaviour, even on the internet.

komplanen

Overreacting much? Here's his reply quoted from twitter: "1) Learn to talk like a human and not insult people. 2) We use our PCs to play games on a TV in a diff room."

He tells you the reason they can't use USB and reminds you that calling strangers stupid isn't very good behaviour, even on the internet.

This.

"Boohoo Patrick responded negatively to my insult and provided a reason why he can't use an USB cable so he's on a high horse". LOL

Limit

Did he also put you on ignore? Because I would have.

If you thought Patrick sounded at all dickish with his comment, then realize that yours sounded much worse.

demidar

I don't know about you guys, but on the scale of intensity, "dolt" is far lower than "idiot". Most of the time I can't even take it seriously.

"Use the USB cable..." though sounds horribly condescending.

Jintor

Be respectful, you dolt

I originally asked him if he had used the DS4 on tumblr and then replied with the USB information, but I think he cleared his inbox without reading it. It's a real shame, since the DS4 is way better for Dark Souls than a DS3/360 pad.

NZNova

You called him a dolt and you're surprised he reacted negatively? Internet, eh?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Huh. Brad actually did really well appart from the last view minutes where he died unnecessarily to the Mindflayer and the Bosslady.

Curufinwe

I laughed so much when Brad thought New Zealand's Karl Urban (Eomer) was probably an Australian, then was sure Australia's David Whenham (Faramir) was a kiwi. Certain NZ/ Aussie accents are hard to tell apart.

Vinny's best tip of the episode was definitely about watching Sherlock. The episodes are only 90 minutes long and there are only nine of them.

hamchan

Hey dunno if you know this but I think people don't like being called dolts.

This has to be the worst example of a lack of perspective that I have ever seen.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
I'm about halfway through the latest Breaking Brad episode; does he ever decide to go back and mix and match that heavy armour with his current stuff? It's killing me to see him note how tiny his Equip Burden is, then decide against putting on any of the heavy stuff just because wearing all of it at once makes him fat-roll.

Also yeah, as a general rule of thumb, you probably shouldn't insult strangers and expect them to be courteous.

Defunkled

I'm halfway through yesterday's Breaking Brad.

*Brad falls through hole in the floor and dies*

*not 5 minutes later, sprints towards exact same hole and dies*

Always be checking the floor in Latria, Brad!

Kelas

So is Demon Soul really a hard game?

If you're new to the series and have very little prior knowledge (think the majority of people coming to this game back in 2009), then yes it's hard. Four years on from release, for someone like Brad who's seen footage, heard plenty of discussion, directly and inadvertently picked up tips and tricks, had a decent amount of experience with Dark Souls, etc. - then it's a good deal more approachable. As he demonstrated last night, however, even if you know what you're doing, a brief lapse in concentration can land you in trouble real quick. Then the added stress of retrieving souls, and the trying of your patience as you re-run areas get thrown into the mix.

Tucah

you speak so well
So is Demon Soul really a hard game?

Your first Souls game is your hardest. Brad has played Dark Souls for a decent amount of time and probably has a good grasp on general strategies for the series. I played Dark first and had very little trouble with most of Demon.

FStop7

Banned

Why call him a dolt? Even if you were being tongue in cheek he probably gets so many mouth breathers sincerely insulting him every day that he can't tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom