• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
You can resize the window on the main chat/streaming page - or at least you used to be able. Click the edge and drag it to the right. Not sure if it totally covers chat but it should minimize it.

Yeah that's what I do to but you can't resize it completely.

AcridMeat

Banned
That was a really good run. I've been getting better at this game the last couple weeks. At the start I had never seen the ice caves, now I have all of the shortcuts. I still have trouble remembering tricks to not die in the temple. Last time I was there I had 10 hearts a ton of bombs and rope but fell into the lava pit.

I could have bombed it and been okay but I thought I could make a jump. :(

Zaph

Yeah, the problem is that I would want it to take the maximum space possible within the chrome window without actually going full screen (I keep TweetDeck on my second screen so I don't want fullscreen).
Hah, a while back I made a Userscript to do exactly that. It basically mimics the 'Windowed' mode on the GB player.

ibnyjwnGY6F6dI.gif

To use it, you need to install the TamperMonkey Chrome extension. Then click the tampermonkey icon and select 'Add new script'. Copy/paste this http://pastebin.com/v5ESHUat.

To toggle fullscreen, just press forwardslash (/) on your keyboard.

I've not used it in a while, so it might not work with the new Gamespot live player. I'll test it on the stream later and update if necessary.

EDIT: It does indeed work with the new player.

Megasoum

Banned
Hah, a while back I made a Userscript to do exactly that. It basically mimics the 'Windowed' mode on the GB player.

To use it, you need to install the TamperMonkey Chrome extension. Then click the tampermonkey icon and select 'Add new script'. Copy/paste this http://pastebin.com/v5ESHUat.

To toggle fullscreen, just press forwardslash (/) on your keyboard.

I've not used it in a while, so it might not work with the new Gamespot live player. I'll test it on the stream later and update if necessary.

EDIT: It does indeed work with the new player.

Nice!! Does it affect only the GB Stream or any video player?

popo

Brad asks about it 11 minutes in. It's being held back by Bandai Namco intentionally or, at least, he strongly implies it.

I don't think he implied that - more that he doesn't know why it isn't coming out day and date and isn't willing to go on record at all. He was basically "nothing to do with me".

def sim

I don't think he implied that - more that he doesn't know why it isn't coming out day and date and isn't willing to go on record at all. He was basically "nothing to do with me".

He says it's not the decision of one man and corporate needs to give everyone the go ahead, no? IIRC, the game's development leads on PC, but doesn't release at the same time as the console versions. It's probably being held back for ??? reason.

popo

What was the DS live show? Talking over gameplay footage?

He says it's not the decision of one man and corporate needs to give everyone the go ahead, no? IIRC, the game's development leads on PC, but doesn't release at the same time as the console versions. It's probably being held back for ??? reason.

I believe his actual words were along the lines of "Namco Bandai is a very big company", "there are numerous view points" - and then I read the subtext that if it were up to him, a PR guy, of course they would release day and date.

I think everyone knows they are doing it to boost console sales, which will likely yield higher margins - it isn't like a couple of extra weeks would help the port - but nobody will say that officially and this guy doesn't either. He is likely way out of the loop and is speculating like everyone else.

If they are basing their 2-3 month delay expectation on that conversation in the podcast alone, I think they are making some pretty big assumptions. This feels like an Ubisoft style 3 week PC version delay with the purpose of either trying to avoid potential early piracy or possibly promoting double dipping. Who knows? Maybe Namco gave them a bit more off the record information that they're basing that assumption on.

Also, if it wasn't completely obvious to everyone, I think the PR guy was implying that they are taking some kind of extra precautions to prevent cheating on the PC version.

What was the DS live show? Talking over gameplay footage?

Mostly just Brad and Vinny talking about their time spent playing the press demo, Rorie providing some expert commentary (plus questions from chat) and Patrick through the webcam. They showed a few minutes of b-roll footage, but mostly it was just them sitting on the couch - you won't really miss anything if you just put it up in the background with audio only.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
"Kids need a little raw meat some times. Just to.. you know.. even them out."
:^O

popo

Has anyone already mentioned that they have a new signed poster available - it is that nighthawks one

Actually it was on sale but there was a screw up and do it will be back next week.

2596221-7587676830-Night.jpg

Tucah

you speak so well
Two nights in a row two weeks in a row! Figured we'd get another BB today because Brad seemed so pumped after beating two bosses yesterday.

An-Det

[PREMIUM] Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls
LIVE SHOW ON JAN 31, 2014 12:30 AM

Yessssss two nights in a row.

Awesome, I'm nearly done with last night's episode. Didn't expect another one tonight.

Patrick bought Demons Souls. They are going to run this in the ground, no?

He probably just has the itch after beating Dark 1 and can't wait for Dark 2 to scratch it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Is Octodad really that hard or is Jeff just struggling?

I'm at the part where he's in the grocery store trying to climb the soda, and Jeff just hadn't really figured out the controls yet. I struggled there for a while but then I figured it out and it's pretty easy.

EDIT: Yeah it clicks for him a few minutes later in the freezer.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man the jumping mechanic in darksouls is my favorite. This isn't crackdown, we don't need jump mapped to l3. Doing the jump in dark souls feels like you're a DJ triggering the most epic bass drop imaginable.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I loved those Blade Runner videos, I might watch them again soon. Drew's "somebody smashed all the windows in my drawers" and "upstairs is where I grow all my fans" joke (mimicking Isidore's voice) had me in stitches for a good 5 minutes straight. Doesn't seem quite as funny now, but Drew was not as prolific on the site at the time and it was just such unexpected hilarity.

GrimmUK

Banned
Aw man the jumping mechanic in darksouls is my favorite. This isn't crackdown, we don't need jump mapped to l3. Doing the jump in dark souls feels like you're a DJ triggering the most epic bass drop imaginable.

You can toggle the original jumping control scheme.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wonder where Brad will choose to go next. I can't wait to see him try Latria; I think he'll actually do better there than I originally thought, though I'm anticipating some
falling through broken floors
. Hopefully he won't take any more tips for bosses.

Ken

Wonder where Brad will choose to go next. I can't wait to see him try Latria; I think he'll actually do better there than I originally thought, though I'm anticipating some
falling through broken floors
. Hopefully he won't take any more tips for bosses.

I thought their reaction to the Latria bloodstain was hilarious.

Usually you see that happen to yourself the first time through > >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom