• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Brad's resemblance to his Demon's Souls character is uncanny.

2596597-ds+brad.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Thank God more Souls on Giantbomb. Thankfully Patrick works there and deals with a game like Spelunky.

They literally saw that Vinny's Souls run generated subs and are like well why don't we do another one. smh

Thank God more Souls on Giantbomb. Thankfully Patrick works there and deals with a game like Spelunky.

They literally saw that Vinny's Souls run generated subs and are like well why don't we do another one. smh

It was a smart move, I'm subbing for the remainder of Brad's playthrough and I never would have otherwise.

f0rk

It's funny how the other team was moaning about Lycan constantly when he was the only reason they were so far ahead. If they hadn't flamed him into the jungle they probably would have won.

It's funny how the other team was moaning about Lycan constantly when he was the only reason they were so far ahead. If they hadn't flamed him into the jungle they probably would have won.

Seriously

Wait, did they win the match with Brad playing Terrorblade? They were almost sure they'd lose when I stopped watching.

The other team started trolling and complaining about Lycan and he stopped pushing. Brad ends up with a Divine Rapier and as a team pushes and takes throne

f0rk

Wait, did they win the match with Brad playing Terrorblade? They were almost sure they'd lose when I stopped watching.

Dazzle flamed Lycan so much he said 'OK I stop pushing' and jungled for like 15 minutes. The other team kept suiciding charging 1 at a time to try and get the last barracks, Lycan came out pretty farmed but only ever fought on his own so never got the wipe needed for last push. Then Brad bought a Divine Rapier.

Business wise? Sure. Content wise? Not really.

People will take what is the closest thing to an ER that we might ever get. I do miss the days when they were mixing things up more, though. Load our last save was always interesting but I suppose that's limited to save files that the group has. At one point we had both Breaking Brad and Load our last Soul going on but it appears they've combined them and are doing 2 episodes a week. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if Unprofessional Fridays didn't feel so half assed but I suppose that anything else would go against the spirit of that feature so meh.

I'm ok with the output right now but a little variety wouldnt hurt, basically.

erawsd

That makes no sense. The "business" is built entirely around giving people quality content. If the content is not good, then neither is the business.

You may not enjoy it, but there's clearly folks that do.

Curufinwe

Speak for yourself. As someone who doesn't own a PS3 and just got into Dark Souls for the first time I am loving watching them tackle a Souls game I will likely never play myself.

I enjoyed LOLSouls despite never playing Dark Souls, but Brad playing the Souls game I have played has been much more entertaining. I struggled a lot more than he has to begin with because I couldn't find a good melee weapon for a while
not until I got the Dragon Long Sword in 2-2
. I had to use a bow to deal with the bosses of 2-1 and 3-1.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Think they'll do a complete stream of Dark Souls 2 when it comes out? Strike while the iron is hot, but the guys who actually want to play it probably don't want to space it out/do it on camera.

I enjoyed LOLSouls despite never playing Dark Souls, but Brad playing the Souls game I have played has been much more entertaining. I struggled a lot more than he has to begin with because I couldn't find a good melee weapon for a while
not until I got the Dragon Long Sword in 2-2
. I had to use a bow to deal with the bosses of 2-1 and 3-1.

Yeah I just started watching LOLS for the first time this week now that I've completed most of the main game sans DLC. I avoided it for months not wanting to spoil the experience for myself and it's great going back and watching how Vinny deals with the same situations I just played through.

Kerned

Banned
Think they'll do a complete stream of Dark Souls 2 when it comes out? Strike while the iron is hot, but the guys who actually want to play it probably don't want to space it out/do it on camera.

I can only speak for myself here, but I would think that those of use who plan on playing it would avoid such a series like the plague, since it would completely spoil everything. Besides, I think the era of All Souls All the Time is coming to an end.

I have to agree. Kudos to them though. They're playing the numbers, playing the games with the most rabid of fan bases and putting those videos behind a paywall, its smart business. Unfortunately for me because those games are so hardcore I've never had the time to get into them so I have no clue whats going on. Leaving me to let my sub lapse which is a shame 'cause I liked Unpro Fridays more times than not but oh well.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Daily DOTA has started, Brad instant picked the new carry and is probably going to get stomped with it so tune in

Just quoting this for posterity.

Conspiracy theories are all well and good, but I'm doing it because people never left me alone about that dumb "I'll play Dark Souls for 24 hours" comment I made during Extra Life, and this seemed like a way more interesting way to satisfy that than a third member of staff streaming the same game. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never even looked at the LOLS numbers. We didn't "literally" do anything you said.

theytookourjobz

Premium content is very up and down. The best way to get the most "bang for your buck" is to just buy a month every two or there months and watch all of it. But I think a lot of subscribers, myself included, subscribe to support the site long term because I know that even in a drought of content that I personally like, more good shit is around the corner. Also I love Vinny.

Wereroku

Just quoting this for posterity.

Conspiracy theories are all well and good, but I'm doing it because people never left me alone about that dumb "I'll play Dark Souls for 24 hours" comment I made during Extra Life, and this seemed like a way more interesting way to satisfy that than a third member of staff streaming the same game. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never even looked at the LOLS numbers. We didn't "literally" do anything you said.
Congrats on the dota match Brad also enjoying demons souls it's a shame more people won't play it since it's an exclusive but still glad more people get to see it.

Curufinwe

I don't think they will ever play thru an entire game just after it launched. The P4 ER started three months after the game was released.

I don't think they will ever play thru an entire game just after it launched. The P4 ER started three months after the game was released.

I get the feeling they felt bad about streaming a relatively new, story-based game on the internet that early, too. When people asked them to stream Catherine so they didn't have to buy it, they got kind of stern about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom