• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirata

I missed the first segment of the show, so I have no idea what's going on now.

EDIT: Shower beers are awesome, but I think bottles are better, since you can put the cap back half-on to prevent water from getting in.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

lol

No it was some other dude. Vinny eventually said who it was, but he just seemed to come out of nowhere and tell Brad how to play this game before disappearing into the night.

popo

I don't think they will ever play thru an entire game just after it launched. The P4 ER started three months after the game was released.

Wasn't Deadly Premonition close to the US launch? Either way I agree, they are not going to play through a big release like DS2 anytime soon.

Patryn

Wasn't Deadly Premonition close to the US launch? Either way I agree, they are not going to play through a big release like DS2 anytime soon.

In that particular case, I believe the publisher was actually lobbying for an ER. As I recall, it was to the point that GB considered NOT doing an ER because they were getting annoying.

I also seem to recall Jeff saying that they'd never do an ER of a recently released game again. But they don't do ERs anymore, so....

FluxWaveZ

I also seem to recall Jeff saying that they'd never do an ER of a recently released game again. But they don't do ERs anymore, so....

They said they would never do an ER again after the Persona 4 one. Then they said the same after DP's. Probably not something worth thinking too much about.

Patryn

They said they would never do an ER again after the Persona 4 one. Then they said the same after DP's. Probably not something worth thinking too much about.

They haven't done an ER in over 2 years (seriously, last episode of the CT went up Jan 24, 2012). I honestly believe they're never going to do a "true" ER again, by which I mean daily episodes.

That doesn't preclude stuff like LOLS or Breaking Brad, but I doubt they'll do a full run of a recent game.

pirata

Yeah, it sounds like they really don't like the pressure of having to upload an episode every day for an extended period of time, and you can't really blame them. But, damn, it's still a little disappointing that they've come to hate the best feature they've ever done (P4 Endurance).

Vinny bringing back that shiny booty love.

CJg8qkD.jpg

popo

Daily ER videos (even if they didn't actually shoot them one a day) don't work for them any more but they have played a number of games to completion since - just on their own schedule. I don't really get what the ppl wanting a new ER are not getting from say Breaking Brad.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I only caught the last hour. Who was the fellow on the left? His name was Danny, right?

Kind of bummed that Dark Soul's huge popularity splurge didn't make more outlets pay more attention to the latest Armored Core game. Don't think giantbomb even mentioned it once.

Kind of bummed that Dark Soul's huge popularity splurge didn't make more outlets pay more attention to the latest Armored Core game. Don't think giantbomb even mentioned it once.

I really wanted to like that game. I just hated the online integration and overall storyline quality. A few missions in I could not understand what the hell was going on. I'll definitely try the next entry in the series, but I cannot recommend AC5 at all.

Defunkled

I really wanted to like that game. I just hated the online integration and overall storyline quality. A few missions in I could not understand what the hell was going on. I'll definitely try the next entry in the series, but I cannot recommend AC5 at all.

Aw, I thought the online integration was super interesting. Getting online and taking over other territories with your clan was a blast.

Gotta give you that on the story though.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
danny: is this free to play or fee to pay?
vinny (from control room): *boooooooooooom graphic*

edit: omg, age of barbarian...how does vinny find this stuff?

edit2: omg drew's cutaway. best UPF in a while

hamchan

Daily ER videos (even if they didn't actually shoot them one a day) don't work for them any more but they have played a number of games to completion since - just on their own schedule. I don't really get what the ppl wanting a new ER are not getting from say Breaking Brad.

Agreed, these weekly vids they put out are essentially the same thing.

Though when you use the ER name there's probably an expectation from the audience that it won't be locked behind a subscriber paywall, which might be a reason it's not used anymore.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Thanks for watching, guys. That match is a good example of why I think Dota 2 is one of the best games ever made. Very few other games can give you chills, goosebumps, and shaking hands due to nothing but their gameplay mechanics like that match did. Dota 2 is probably the most rewarding game I've ever played because you never feel like you aren't learning and getting better the more you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom