• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Vinny had a series where he and the others would load up the last save of their old games.
2. Vinny was the only one of the "main" guys to have really played the Souls games, so he had a Dark Souls save.
3. Vinny got sucked back into Dark Souls.
4. Brad has a series where he plays difficult games, because there is a community injoke that Brad struggles with hard games and/or gets easily frustrated with them.
5. During a 24hr charity stream, Brad decided that he had Dark Souls on his PC or whatever so he might as well try a few hours of that.
6. During the stream he promised that if they hit a certain donation goal then he would do a Dark Souls series since people seemed to like it.
7. They hit that goal.
8. Patrick likes to try out different games outside his comfort zone.
9. Patrick decided to play Dark Souls on his own and streamed it on his own personal account.
10. Patrick now likes Dark Souls.
11. Brad decided that there was too much Dark Souls content for the GB audience (between Vinny and Patrick, and also GB fans were likely to watch Jeff Green's run).
12. Brad decided to fulfill his promise by doing a Demon's Souls series instead.
13. Giant Bomb is a website where they cover games that they like.
14. Vinny, Brad, and Patrick now like Souls games and give coverage to Dark Souls II.

def sim

1. The fat cats over at Giant Bomb love the skrilla.
2. Vinny, Brad, and Patrick now like Souls games and gave coverage to Dark Souls II.

This is more accurate.

In all seriousness, expert, it really does sound like you're talking about another group of people!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Alright alright I live in some alternate universe. More people being exposed to Souls is good. Just feels so contrived at this point.

i'm imagining Jeff looking over the GB schedule shouting "yes, yes, more indie roguelikes, scarecam videos, Dota, and Souls streams! that's what I want!!" and the money keeps falling onto his desk and then the money magically transforms into more NeoGeo and Turbografx-CD games

1. Vinny had a series where he and the others would load up the last save of their old games.
2. Vinny was the only one of the "main" guys to have really played the Souls games, so he had a Dark Souls save.
4. Brad has a series where he plays difficult games, because there is a community injoke that Brad struggles with hard games and/or gets easily frustrated with them.
5. During a 24hr charity stream, Brad decided that he had Dark Souls on his PC or whatever so he might as well try a few hours of that.
6. During the stream he promised that if they hit a certain donation goal then he would do a Dark Souls series since people seemed to like it.
7. They hit that goal.
9. Patrick decided to play Dark Souls on his own and streamed it on his own personal account.
11. Brad decided that there was too much Dark Souls content for the GB audience (between Vinny and Patrick, and also GB fans were likely to watch Jeff Green's run).
12. Brad decided to fulfill his promise by doing a Demon's Souls series instead.
14. Vinny, Brad, and Patrick now like Souls games and give coverage to Dark Souls II.

but but

As said before Good job to Vinny and some of the fans to keep pushing (also Patrick since he's usually willing to move out of his comfort zone and give stuff a shot eg 999)

This is more accurate.

In all seriousness, expert, it really does sound like you're talking about another group of people!

Next we will see Gerstmann and Alex jump on dat money train :trollface

i'm imagining Jeff looking over the GB schedule shouting "yes, yes, more indie roguelikes, scarecam videos, Dota, and Souls streams! that's what I want!!" and the money keeps falling onto his desk and then the money magically transforms into more NeoGeo and Turbografx-CD games

Gotta fund The Raid somehow

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

iYCbquVq0g1Ld.gif

the games don't magically teleport to jeff's house though. he has to pick them up and carry them to his TWO MILLION DOLLAR CAR (or whatever crazy people think that it costs now)

KingKong

7. They hit that goal.

You forgot 'Jeff blows the game off for some unspecified animation priority reason'

brad only plays dota for the views it generates

once the cbsi bean counters realize that giant bomb's not hitting the chinese market enough watch him "suddenly" switch to league any day now.

i can tell what's going on! i stopped drinking water so that the flouride doesn't fool me.

You know what has me very excited ? Dark Souls 2 just might make it onto Giant Bomb's top 10 Games of the Year contenders, and maybe even win the coveted Game of the Year award. Think about it: if Vinny, Brad, Patrick and Drew all play the game as they've all said they would and fall in love with it, only Jeff and Alex would remain in opposition, and Alex doesn't even actively dislike the series as Jeff does. It has a chance.

Man. You thought last year was a bloodbath ? Just wait until the end of 2014. With all of the crazy games that are coming out this year, the game of the year deliberations of 2014 are going to be insane.

You know what has me very excited ? Dark Souls 2 just might make it onto Giant Bomb's top 10 Games of the Year contenders, and maybe even win the coveted Game of the Year award. Think about it: if Vinny, Brad, Patrick and Drew all play the game as they've all said they would and fall in love with it, only Jeff and Alex would remain in opposition, and Alex doesn't even actively dislike the series as Jeff does. It has a chance.

Man. You thought last year was a bloodbath ? Just wait until the end of 2014. With all of the crazy games that are coming out this year, the game of the year deliberations of 2014 are going to be insane.

Watch Dark Souls II be hated by the rest of the Dark Souls community for "selling out" or "too casualized" or whatever and then they all hate GB for giving it an award.

Khezu

If they want some more of that sweet sweet Dark Souls money.

4 Player co-op MH3U.

Jeff/Brad/Vinny/Patrick all having to work together.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't necessarily watch GB for the game content exclusively. I watch Daily Dota sometimes when I'm actively disinterested in the entire MOBA genre.

I watch GB because I like those guys and what they do. They provide entertainment whether it's a lot of Souls content or Brad tanking his team in an hour long Dota game.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead, The Last of Us all ended up high on the list, eventhough Jeff didn't like them. 2014 is the year of the Souls, people!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't necessarily watch GB for the game content exclusively. I watch Daily Dota sometimes when I'm actively disinterested in the entire MOBA genre.

I watch GB because I like those guys and what they do. They provide entertainment whether it's a lot of Souls content or Brad tanking his team in an hour long Dota game.

They're like the friends I never had!

Patrick has been talking about giving Dark Souls an honest shot since MH3U last year and he had an epiphany about animation priority.

He should give Resident Evil 6 another shot now that he realizes what animation priority is so he can discover the best combat system in any shooter. Their coverage of that game was really the worst, ignoring half the mechanics and complaining about enemies doing things you are meant to avoid by rolling/sliding/etc *sigh*

Wish they'd gotten more into Monster Hunter but it seemed like Patrick didn't really enjoy it all that much anyway.

sixghost

He should give Resident Evil 6 another shot now that he realizes what animation priority is so he can discover the best combat system in any shooter. Their coverage of that game was really the worst, ignoring half the mechanics and complaining about enemies doing things you are meant to avoid by rolling/sliding/etc *sigh*

Wish they'd gotten more into Monster Hunter but it seemed like Patrick didn't really enjoy it all that much anyway.

Monster Hunter is like another 2 or 3 rungs down the "I love animation priority" ladder. Dark Souls plays like Bayonetta compared to those games.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

Totally fuckin agree. Re6 is such an insanely good shooter that gets snubbed much like Souls did because people can't put the effort in to the systems. However, non-Japanese releases not getting a manual was pretty strange.

popo

Totally fuckin agree. Re6 is such an insanely good shooter that gets snubbed much like Souls did because people can't put the effort in to the systems. However, non-Japanese releases not getting a manual was pretty strange.

Yeah, RE6 was just misunderstood by people who didn't understand the systems. You are losing cred fast my friend.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ryan played it for like 3 hours ages ago too, on stream.

Brad also played it, and if I remember correctly actually kinda liked it. Just not enough to keep going.

Also RE6 is not as bad as it's reputation but still pretty bad.

Manbig

I cannot comprehend the true form of this statement.

I cannot comprehend the true form of this statement.

Watch some S rank mercenaries videos, the combat system in the game is levels above any other TPS out there, although it doesn't have the polish of Vanquish. Campaigns suffer a bit due to their disjointed nature(although I enjoyed how odd some of them got) but the underlying mechanics are second to none. People really should give the game another go, and like expert said it's bizarre non-japanese releases didn't get a manual. Game flat out doesn't explain any of it's mechanics and it was a terrible mistake.

I'm an expert

Yeah, RE6 was just misunderstood by people who didn't understand the systems. You are losing cred fast my friend.

My gamer cred is through the fuckin roof. Only Derrick has more cred than me on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom