• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the pace brad has been doing the demons souls videos. I don't have the time to watch daily 2 hour videos, and I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment. When it's one or two a week I can find the time to pause and come back to it without falling too far behind

An-Det

Is true, Vinny tweeted it!

Yup, should be a good one:

"That...was a long podcast. Thanks @bradshoemaker @drewscanlon @patrickklepek @enemykite @willsmith"

And Dave Snider just tweeted this, confirming that it was the Bombcast they were doing:

"Had fun guesting on the Bombcast along with @willsmith. Also had some big breakthroughs with @webhooked in the morning. Solid day."

FluxWaveZ

How would you know if fake jeff and fake brad are real ones, and it's the current jeff and brad that are the actual fakes?

Just gotta ask the Jeff in question about his opinion on Dark Souls and if it's an immediate sound of disgust, we know it's the real one. Dunno how we'd distinguish the Brads, though.

IaN_GAF

Just gotta ask the Jeff in question about his opinion on Dark Souls and if it's an immediate sound of disgust, we know it's the real one. Dunno how we'd distinguish the Brads, though.

Have both Brad´s do a Quick Look. The first that yells "Oh God!" surely must be the real one.

Episode 16 and 17 of Patrick playing Spelunky was amazing. Both really tense and exciting.

Between this feature and his Dark Souls run Patrick has cemented himself as the best gamer of the group. It's nice to watch someone play games really well for a change!

super2j

Neo Member
Awww yea, Vinny is unleashed! This is gunna be a funnier week than usual. Its perfect when Vinny takes over the cast every couple of months.

Megasoum

Banned
I hope Will Smith is quiet during the entire duration of the podcast.
Yaaa

And if he talks I hope he will get corrected everytime he says something stupid since he's actually with people who knows about videogames and won't take all his bullshit as true like Norm does every week.

f0rk

Yaaa

And if he talks I hope he will get corrected everytime he says something stupid since he's actually with people who knows about videogames and won't take all his bullshit as true like Norm does every week.

He'll probably announce he's going to start streaming Dark Souls

Zaph

Saw Patrick and Dave, got hyped, then saw Will Smith...

He's only good when Ryan was around to cut him down mercilessly every time he said something dumb.

styl3s

Looks like Patrick, Dave and Will Smith are on the Bombcast tomorrow :)
9ayqtz.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, it's probably just the way drew played it, but the levels in the sun at night looks tedious in the difficulty and length.

Zaph

Was always more of a Cool Boarders fan, but yeah, would kill for a good, new snowboarding game. Even SSX.

Between that, the death of Burnout and a lack of any MX/ATV games recently (apparently one is coming out in 2014), the only racing games I enjoy seem to be all dead.

Patrick is literally the guy keeping Giantbomb afloat at the moment.

He produces 3 x as much content as everyone else.
Yeah, just look at last week's non-Patrick content:

QL: Castle Doctrine
Bombcast
Demon's Souls Ep4
QL: Octodad
Let's Talk About Dark Souls 2 (had Patrick, could've been done without)
Demon's Souls Ep5
QL: Blackguard
Daily Dota
Unprofessional Fridays
Unfinished: Audiosurf 2
Unfinished: Mighty Quest for Epic Loot

Fucking slackers.

Yup, should be a good one:

"That...was a long podcast. Thanks @bradshoemaker @drewscanlon @patrickklepek @enemykite @willsmith"

And Dave Snider just tweeted this, confirming that it was the Bombcast they were doing:

"Had fun guesting on the Bombcast along with @willsmith. Also had some big breakthroughs with @webhooked in the morning. Solid day."

Don't know why they don't Skype people into the bombcast more often. I know Ryan was super anti-skype but I think every time they've done it the podcast has been fine.

Patrick is literally the guy keeping Giantbomb afloat at the moment.

He produces 3 x as much content as everyone else.

For me the most awesome stuff lately has been watching Vinny finish Dark souls, Bombin the AM and Spelunkin with Scoops. So yeah, he's been at least 2/3rds of the best stuff right now.

SNOW looks like it could be really fun, but the snow just being static with the skis clipping through is really jarring. I know its early access but I would rather they just stuck on top instead of constantly clipping through. Will be keeping my eye on how it comes along though.

FStop7

Banned
Based on Patrick's popularity w/ Spelunkin' and Spookin' I think he could go full time as a streamer and make a whole lot of money.

Defunkled

Snow makes me wish SSX was better.

The core snowboarding was awesome and the sense of speed really made it enjoyable. All the bullshit surrounding that is what brought the game down for me. All the extra equipment (head lamps, flying squirrel suit) just wasn't fun. The inclusion of bottomless pits is the game's true cardinal sin, in my opinion.

Zaph

Based on Patrick's popularity w/ Spelunkin' and Spookin' I think he could go full time as a streamer and make a whole lot of money.
Even if he managed to increase his viewers five-fold to be one of the bigger streamers (5000+ regular viewers), the money is still shit and probably far less than a CBSi wage.

The odds of becoming the next TB is very slim. Its like playing Sunday league and quitting your job thinking you'll end up in the Premiership.

EDIT: Patrick's EVE war article is up!

DoctorZ

I've tried time and time again to get into Patrick's content, but I just don't enjoy it. I respect what Patrick does, but he just doesn't entertain me. He does seem quite popular, at least on here though, so I wonder how long he will stay at GB. I always get the feeling that he wants to do more "serious" work and maybe that's why I never got into his off-site stuff. I rarely go to GB for actual "games coverage" or deep insight. I do wish he would do more written articles as I always enjoyed his written work, but I never really enjoyed his on camera stuff.

I do wonder what type of work he'd move onto though if he did, I don't think streamer is really something he'd want to do knowing the volatility of that market. He seems to want a steady paycheck like most people who have the reputation/experience to get a steady job and he deserves that. I could see him working for a more news oriented site or forming his own if he could get some other guys to join up with him. Or try to kickstart a book or something. I think in my ideal world Patrick would be heading up a GB or GS sister-site that has a different tone from those sites and focuses on the "industry" and less the final games that result from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom