• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Keep hope alive but temper expectations. When asked on the forums why Jeffs Tumblr post was not front page of the site he had this to say

@crusader8463 said:
You know what I fucking hate? That shit like this is not on giant bomb and that you need to go to twitter or where this thing was to find out this information. Why isn't this a monthly forum thread on the site? Why do we need to go to other sites to find out information about the site that many of us are paying money for? I never understood that. If he takes the time to read through and answer question like that why can't there be an official monthly post on the front page with this stuff in it? A state of the site address or something.

@jeff

When I mentioned my desire to go to Japan on a shopping spree it set off a situation where I now get people asking me when "The Raid" is happening at least once a week. People seem disappointed that it isn't a thing. So that's sort of forced me to be less open about plans. People take everything as gospel and then get pissed when it doesn't happen... even when it's something I made up on the spot during a podcast.

Even the stuff I talk about in that post could completely backfire, nothing's ever set in stone. So, generally, I'd rather refrain from making statements that people take as promises and instead wait until we have something to show.

bananas

Banned
I paid a fortune for that game as it game bundled with the RAM pack. Played it for about an hour. Stupid baby game {sic} :)

EDIT : No wait - DKC was snes - what am I thinking of? the n64 game?

You can't remember the name of the Donkey Kong game on the Nintendo 64?

tumblr_m22evv88PY1rn95k2o2_250.gif

popo

You can't remember the name of the Donkey Kong game on the Nintendo 64?

yeah, it was more a rhetorical question. I missed the one on snes so thought it was that one on n64 - I also forgot about the silly practise of putting 64 after everything first party.

I wonder why they don't call the Dark Souls feature an endurance run. It essentially is once since they started from the start of the game.

Also hoping they do features of Vinny playing through Castlevania and/or Dark Souls II

Zaph

'Breaking Brad' lets them stop playing the game whenever they see fit for whatever reasons.

'Endurance Run' locks them into playing it on a regular schedule until the end.

Zaph

During his pigeon love Twitch stream earlier, Danny O'Dwyer seemed very excited about his new Tuesday show, but said everything is under wraps and he promised no leaks.

But he did say it was with "other people" and "might feature a couch".

Don't get your hopes up, its more than likely a Gamespot show, but...maybe...

edit:
so, polygon is doing QLs now, and deleted a bunch of comments pointing out that it's the same format.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/6/5385832/loadout-overview-video

they just forgot the part where you need people with likable personalities to make them worth watching.
Polygon is a 'throw enough shit at the wall and hope some sticks' site. Seriously, they're trying to do everything. Problem is, they've got a bunch of editors living all over the country attempting to build rapport over Skype and Hangouts. Seriously couldn't listen to that video for more than 10 seconds because of the awful Skype-stilted conversation. I do wonder when Vox is gonna cut them loose. They've spending a ton on editors, but they're not getting the critical praise or mainstream connection The Verge has (and probably never will), so sweetheart advertising deals (like the MS documentary) will probably dry up quick.

FStop7

Banned
How has this not been posted here?

I nearly shed a tear.

damn. :(

From Patrick's tumblr. Apparently one family's little one absolutely loves the Spelunky videos.

This is what I was saying. I swear, Patrick could build a big audience.

so, polygon is doing QLs now, and deleted a bunch of comments pointing out that it's the same format.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/6/5385832/loadout-overview-video

they just forgot the part where you need people with likable personalities to make them worth watching.

That never stopped Alex. OH DANG SIZZLE WHAAAAAAAT

Just kidding I like Alex!

popo

I guess engineering need someone to stream something so they can test chat and the new player.

Also, much as I would like to slag polygon, GB didn't invent the format of informally streaming game footage.

The timed maneuver aspect of the game is the thing their going to need to learn before they get into a propper orbit or go to the moon.

Edit:
Ha they just discovered the actual key to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom