• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

During his pigeon love Twitch stream earlier, Danny O'Dwyer seemed very excited about his new Tuesday show, but said everything is under wraps and he promised no leaks.

But he did say it was with "other people" and "might feature a couch".

Don't get your hopes up, its more than likely a Gamespot show, but...maybe..

Again, don't get your hopes up

popo

Cannon Fodder. Yay!

Also, Danny is a long time Gamespot fan who has achieved his dream job, poaching him is unrealistic, "borrowing" him more often is a more realistic proposition.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
God dammit. Watching Danny on UPF is like watching a puzzle piece dancing around a hole it would perfectly fit in but then running off again.

Considering how popular The Point seems to be and the fact Danny seems to host a lot of Gamespot's live stuff, I doubt they would consider letting him go over to Giant Bomb.

Xater

Considering how popular The Point seems to be and the fact Danny seems to host a lot of Gamespot's live stuff, I doubt they would consider letting him go over to Giant Bomb.

Of course it's not going to happen but a man can dream right?

Danny showing off Cannon Fodder is awesome. Was a really cool game back then. He should come back again with Sensible Soccer.

Danny has a really good american accent, hahaha

I agree with the Danny sentiment. Really a laidback guy with a great personality. I don't mind him popping in as often as he has.

Tan

Oh I guess Jeff was wrestling strongbad to Black Knight 2000 music on bazza's twitch channel during all of this.

PGt3tiB.jpg

SHIVER ME TIMBERS

chogidogs

Drew, Alexis and Danny should make the geek gaming version of the Man Show. I always got the impression that that's how they spend their weekends anyway.

Yuripaw

Banned
Really not crazy about Rogue Legacy. Way too grindy for me.

I played a lot of Rogue Legacy last year, and did play it through to completion. For a long time I really loved it, but when I did start realizing that you could just brute force your way by grinding through the game...yeah, I started to not like it as much. So yeah, I'd agree it was too grindy.

kvk1

Man, I just found out about the F1 podcast proposal with Drew and Danny. I am beyond stoked. Been a diehard fan of the series since I was a little kid.

What saves Rogue Legacy from a lot of faults in my opinion are the super tight mechanics. It controls really well, so while it lacks enemy variety and can be brute forced with grinding, it still feels really good to play.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I played a lot of Rogue Legacy last year, and did play it through to completion. For a long time I really loved it, but when I did start realizing that you could just brute force your way by grinding through the game...yeah, I started to not like it as much. So yeah, I'd agree it was too grindy.

Same can be said for every game with RPG mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom