• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokab

Who cares if Polygon are doing Quick Looks and not "crediting" GB as some people in here seemingly are demanding them to do. If they think GB's style of coverage is good and want to try it out, more power to them I say. Pissing matches in who did it first leads nowhere.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nah for sure, I actually think it's a good thing polygon have started a feature like this.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't get it, haven't Quick Look style videos been around forever?

Sure it's aping a style now that it's more popular, but it's not like Quick Looks invented the wheel.

I don't get it, haven't Quick Look style videos been around forever?

Sure it's aping a style now that it's more popular, but it's not like Quick Looks invented the wheel.

WoW was the first MMO.

Street Fighter 2 was the first Fighter.

Doom 1 was the first FPS.

That's why they have all dose clones!!!!11

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I just listened to the last Bombing the AM and a thought crossed my mind: What does Alex actually do? I really like him, but is he actually a full-time employee (altough I doubt anybody here would know that)? Besides Bombing he sometimes reviews a game, or posts a trailer and every now and then does an Encyclopedia, but other than that? Especially compared to Patrick, he...well doesn't seem to do a lot?
Does anybody here know if he works on other, non GiantBomb related stuff?

I just listened to the last Bombing the AM and a thought crossed my mind: What does Alex actually do? I really like him, but is he actually a full-time employee (altough I doubt anybody here would know that)? Besides Bombing he sometimes reviews a game, or posts a trailer and every now and then does an Encyclopedia, but other than that? Especially compared to Patrick, he...well doesn't seem to do a lot?

He reviews the bulk of the games. Even though most times he gets shit games to review.

I hope he brings back Gunz of Navarro sometime.

Tan

He goes to events and stuff just like everyone else does. Wrestling podcast, movie podcast. He's also written other stuff for other CBSi sites sometimes.

obonicus

Alex reviews a lot more games than everyone else. A quick browse of the reviews says that he maybe writes half of all their reviews?

demidar

I guess Brad didn't actually tap the "Help" button during battle. It would've told him pressing left/right on the slide pad tells you enemy/ally status, health and buffs.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I feel like if Vinny were to ever make a game, it would probably be a lot like Jazzpunk.

Myomoto

More like Week of Not Jeff... I hate to say it but aren't the weeks when Jeff isn't in the office always more fun?

It's like when your parents are out and the cool baby sitter comes over, and you get to eat cookies before dinner and stay up late and eat ice cream. It has an immediate appeal, but in the end you're glad it's not like that all the time.

FluxWaveZ

It's like when your parents are out and the cool baby sitter comes over, and you get to eat cookies before dinner and stay up late and eat ice cream. It has an immediate appeal, but in the end you're glad it's not like that all the time.

Not too sure about that.

Jokab

Vinny's tumblr is just great.

Anonymous asked: Do you have any tips on improving improv skills or quick wit?

You know when you listen to famous comedians, actors, craftsmen, artists…etc when they are being interviewed and they say “I was lucky enough to study under the great so-and-so” and you’re like, man, that must have been amazing. He WAS really lucky, I wonder if he realized at the time how lucky he was.

I was lucky enough to study under the great Ryan Davis. I can’t put it any simpler than that. You know what? I knew the whole time I was lucky.

Also in response to "are you looking for interns?":

I’m actually going to be looking to expand our team in the near future so keep an eye out.

Hardly surprising but good to know.

DjRoomba

Banned
I thought JazzPunk looked like the stupidist thing ever, not in a good way. Then I skipped to the end of the video where Vin said it was one of them Adult Swim games. So I watched from the beginning and realized it was the stupidist thing ever, in the best way.
Dunno what that says about me, cant relax and enjoy the comedy till I know its context

Serra

Just ordered the new Bombduders shirt, I really like the design. Although it sucks when shipping is is over half of the total cost.

zroid

Banned
As per usual for Brad quick looks, I kept shouting at my monitor. :lol

Mainly saying "PRESS LEFT ON THE CIRCLE PAD!!!!!"

Finally ordered a hoodie from the site. Always wanted to support em, but don't have the time to watch the premium content if I paid. $50 with shipping though, hope it's a nice hoodie!

Sakwoff

Oh yeah, Jim Sterling's gonna be on Bombin' the A.M.!

Dude has really come around in the last few years. It also will be kinda cool to listen to a podcast where he's actually going to talk about games and stuff. As much as I like the guy, I found Podtoid + Dismal Jesters to be unlistenable.

Kerned

Banned

Dude has really come around in the last few years. It also will be kinda cool to listen to a podcast where he's actually going to talk about games and stuff. As much as I like the guy, I found Podtoid + Dismal Jesters to be unlistenable.

I know what you mean. I like Dismal Jesters well enough for what it is, but I rarely listen. I think Jim is a very interesting guy and it would be nice to hear him talk about games more often. I know that he'd probably say that's what Jimquisition is for, but it's very scripted, very formulaic, and I prefer a less formal, more conversational setting. Definitely looking forward to today's BitAM.

This is the second QL i saw that Brad seems to get caught up with menu's than playing the game.
It get boring.

Also, using regular attacks on a boss....

Now when I say 'Bombin' you say 'A.M.'!

'Bombin'
'A.M.'
'Bombin'
'A.M.'

Jim is cool when he's not being an internet version of himself. I still have in my memory banks him simulating sex with a Sonic plush..and never shall it leave.

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.....how did I not notice that? Urgh......

DO the Tutorial Quests, seriously there's so many things hidden in the menus of the game the tutorial quests really help explain some of them

Yeah I remember discovering Jim on Destructoid, didn't agree with all his reviews, but he's the only one that would actually play DW games, there but found him hilarious on Podtoid. After he left Destructoid and started Jimquisitions he's really come into his own

Sulik2

Do they post the audio only of Bombin in the AM anywhere? I would love to add it to my podcast rotation but podkicker can't find it.

go ask why jeff removed his anonymous questions
Anonymous asked

Patrick: Probably because the vast majority of jerks submit anonymously? I’m not saying you’re a jerk, mind you, but much like how Internet Tough Guys won’t say anything to your face at a place like PAX, they also don’t usually register accounts to spread their bile under. Spending time answering questions on Tumblr is not part of my job, and it’s not part of Jeff’s. We do this because we value the intimate relationship we have with our audience, as the audience is what allows us to have such kick ass jobs for a living. But spending every day reading spiteful, hateful things about yourself isn’t very much fun, even if it’s an expected side effect. In other words, respect his decision or find a way to spend 30 seconds signing up for an account.

williemcbridenik asked:How has removing anonymous asks impacted the number of questions you get?

Jeff: Cuts it by about 90%. I don’t turn those off because of the tone of the incoming questions. I turn them off because they’re overwhelming and Tumblr doesn’t have a great way to search your inbox, so questions that I want to answer have to be answered immediately, before they scroll away forever and get buried.

Why is this so funny.

popo

I don't see the joke.

Patrick likely gets a lot more hate mail than Jeff and Jeff has had years to develop a thicker skin. When (patrick) was asked why Jeff was blocking Anons he gave an opinion based on his own experience with anons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom