• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

I think CBS might not approve of Giant Bomb stealing a big asset like Danny from the bigger site, though he might also be a mole sent in to initiate Giant Bomb + Gamespot secret merge plan.

so, polygon is doing QLs now, and deleted a bunch of comments pointing out that it's the same format.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/6/5385832/loadout-overview-video

they just forgot the part where you need people with likable personalities to make them worth watching.

I don't think they were deleting comments because of mentioning they were like Quick Looks, as my comment wasn't deleted, and it was even responded to by Griffin.

Edit: Welp. It's deleted~

......aaaand they deleted your comment

It wasn't hyperbole. They're deleting every post that brings up GB. It's sad.

Welp! Turns our you're right. That's totally fucked.

That's so dumb, Polygon.
You-Are-so-Dumb-Antoine-Dodson-Reaction-Gif.gif

Just admit to the influence.

rObit

Banned
Damnit, just when I'm starting to feel okay about my subscription lapsing, they get Danny back on a show. Stop toying with me!

Zaph

It's never a good idea to let your subscription lapse during weeks with Jeff out of the office. Shit gets weird...

Jintor

yeah, like Persona 4 growing on him throughout the run, or the occasional times when you see him deep dive into a completely weird off-genre game for his tastes (i.e. not fighting or racing)

Yeah, I... I don't know what was up with that

Yeah, Syndicate... Jeff's always been the shooter (more CoD really) guy of the group and I guess it just scratched the FPS itch in a way that really resonated with him at the time the game came out. I feel like if he were to replay it today he wouldn't find it to be that great of a game.

My favourite moment of Jeff's is when he was talking super enthusiastically about FEZ on the Bombcast back when that came out on the 360. He was so excited and it was just really fun to listen to.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Just in case anybody actually thought Danny might go to GB:
Twitter said:
And again I'm SUPER flattered but I aint changing jobs. I just like to pop over and ruin the duders streams from time to time

Rlan

Patrick mentioned today in Scoops and the Wolf that he heard the Bravely Default demo was crap because it was so different. Wasn't the consensus the complete opposite of that?

FluxWaveZ

Patrick mentioned today in Scoops and the Wolf that he heard the Bravely Default demo was crap because it was so different. Wasn't the consensus the complete opposite of that?

The Bravely Default demo was amazing and, yes, as far as I know that was the consensus.

demidar

As a person who played the demo and is currently playing the full game, the demo tends to be overwhelming. You're given almost every combat mechanic, multiple classes up front and fast-tracked class progression. Most JRPG vets know how to work the systems intuitively, including the Brave/Default system but others might not be able to work it from the start (the demo is also a bit light on explanations). The demo's flow is also a lot different from the main game (fetch quests in the demo are NOT indicative of the full game), not to mention the full game introduces every mechanic at a good and steady pace, including communication and StreePass features, the town rebuilding system, Ablinks, Sending/Summoning friends.

Basically, besides the combat system (which has the complexity of the mid-game in the full game), it's not very indicative of the full game.

Xater

I didn't like the demo but enjoyed the full game. Well at least for 25 hours. The game is just way too long.

Haunted

That's two different consensus circles you're talking about here. You're thinking of the GAF consensus, while Patrick means his gaming journo friends on Twitter.

edit: just saw worth playing, man that Ryan Davis tribute game (well done!) really brought Patrick down. ;_;

Maybe it is just cause I am from Ireland, but listening to Danny explain Ireland to the other guys was brilliant,

No Soda bread, Coddle, or Boxty mentions in the food section though :/

Is Boxty known in America?

Alucrid

Banned
Maybe it is just cause I am from Ireland, but listening to Danny explain Ireland to the other guys was brilliant,

No Soda bread, Coddle, or Boxty mentions in the food section though :/

Is Boxty known in America?
Not by that name, had to look it up, but we have potato pancakes

kulapik

Oh god, the Bravely Default opening sold it for me and I don't even have a 3DS.

SHE'S GOING INTO THE QUICK LOOK

GET OFF MY PANTS

You have to purchase the code through the actual store, not through the upgrade membership link.

Also, those upgrades are handled manually by Rorie so dont worry if your account doesn't see the upgrade instantly.
So I added the only sub found in the store, the Paypal one, and none of the PAX codes worked. Is that not the right one? Maybe the PAX codes are dead?

Whatever, I'll probably just grab the regular sub and the flight club tee. I wanted to get that anyways.

Loxley

Man, you guys weren't kidding - that Polygon video is a Quick Look through-and-through. It's funny, I remember Jeff pointing out at one of the PAX panels a few years back that in the wake of Giant Bomb's rising popularity, a lot of gaming websites suddenly began doing videos similar to Quick Looks. Now they're just tossing aside all pretense and straight-up doing the same thing I guess.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I only consume Giantbomb Quicklook™ brand quicklooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom