• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Oh you can leave off now with all that "You care too much" nonsense, it took me all of a minute to make that comment and barely compares to the amount of picking apart by people who don't like this game they haven't played. I gave a list of reasons this game is not CoD, you're just being stubborn to refuse to accept any of them as 'valid' differences.

You are getting really upset at people commenting on a game. You certainly do care too much.

sixghost

I mean, if you think king of fighters is a clone of street fighter, sure.

I don't even like call of duty, hell I'm not even sure if I'll get titanfall, but I can already tell that the movement and having motherfucking mechs are pretty big differences. The gunplay is very similar, but so is every modern warfare shooter since well, Modern Warfare. Except for battlefield.
Well I've never played a KoF game, so I can't really respond to your analogy. I just don't know how you can watch footage of Titanfall, having played any post-Cod4 call of duty game, and not see tremendous similarities between the two. I said they look similar, not the same. Stuff like very little animation priority, almost instantly aiming down the sight when you press LT, zero recoil on guns, guys not taking much damage before they die, the sprinting motions, etc. It's more the smaller stuff like that which make it feel like the same core gameplay.

You are getting really upset at people commenting on a game. You certainly do care too much.

You posted an opinion he disagreed with, he wrote a rebuttal, and you quickly pulled out the "WOW SOMEBODY'S BUTTRUSTLED" argument. Disagreeing is fine, but you come off as a prick.

bananas

Banned
I like this one:

7s5yNjq.gif

Titanfall looks perfectly fine. It's nothing I would buy a system for, but it seems alright. I think there is probably a certain amount of backlash resulting from how aggressively Microsoft has been pushing it the last few months. The hype has felt very forced at times.

No more than your average Halo game, tbf.

Jeff bought TxK as it shows up in the game's activity on my vita so I hope he mentions it, such a great game. Really wish Sony would send them a proper kit, for all the talk of it not having any games it's had an incredible past few weeks.

Did that custom kit he bought not end up working? The SOul Sacrifice test looked alright, figured we'd finally start getting things.

Visceir

Did that custom kit he bought not end up working? The SOul Sacrifice test looked alright, figured we'd finally start getting things.

Jeff talked about it while streaming OlliOlli on twitch, it makes the graphics look like a mess, especially the text and he doesn't think it does the vita games justice.

LackingSaint

Neo Member

Awesome rebuttal dude, you really captured the emotions I don't feel.

tumblr_mzl1erA4101qeuiqyo6_250.gif

Is there something going on with UPF today, or are there just too many other things on the Coming Soon list for it to show up yet?

erawsd

Awesome rebuttal dude, you really captured the emotions I don't feel.

tumblr_mzl1erA4101qeuiqyo6_250.gif

Is there something going on with UPF today, or are there just too many other things on the Coming Soon list for it to show up yet?

It was there earlier so it prob just got pushed off by the more recent items.

DaBuddaDa

Unless you are desperate for a new shooter online every year titanfall looks boring as fuck.

I tuned in for about 15 minutes of the Titanfall stream, and these are my sentiments exactly.

Edit: I should clarify, I'm sure Titanfall is pretty fun to play if you're into that sort of thing, but it's just as dull to watch as every other FPS.

The sad thing (for me) about Titanfall, is that I think I would enjoy a singleplayer game set in the world they have created. I have zero interested in FPS online - and the horrible vile community that surrounds it.

Can't wait for the Dark Souls 2 streams from all of them, to counter all this shooter coverage they have lately.

*sigh* more bloody Souls games or Spelunky. Talk about FPSs being boring to watch.....

The sad thing (for me) about Titanfall, is that I think I would enjoy a singleplayer game set in the world they have created. I have zero interested in FPS online - and the horrible vile community that surrounds it.

The only reason I would play this if there is decent deathmatch (not team deathmatch, just deathmatch). I think this game looks cool, but I can't see me plonking down £45 to play it. I may be a niche case though as unlike most of you, I don't have a group of gaming friends I could play with online, even if I wanted to. I'm a bit like Jeff in that I prefer the solitary online experience, if that makes any sense.

Aaron

See, I have zero point of reference for this. Are creeps just braindead cannon fodder?
Creeps are weak enemies that do almost no damage, and exist both as food to level up the players, and to slowly pick away at the enemy's defenses. Titanfall feels a little lacking without the the latter. I think they would be fine though with better AI.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, why didn't I think before I downloaded the 1800kbps video of the Titanfall stream...

titanbarf_by_realghostvids-d76dzyr.jpg

Soooo blurry.

But the 4000kbps videos are so damn huge :(
I wish they had a lower resolution - high fps video format. 1800kbps would be enough for that, but it's not enough for 720p/60fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom