• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
You seem very invested in this game and I don't know why. Nothing you described makes it sound like anything other than a COD expansion and guess what THAT IS FINE. If people want that, they good for them.

Oh you can leave off now with all that "You care too much" nonsense, it took me all of a minute to make that comment and barely compares to the amount of picking apart by people who don't like this game they haven't played. I gave a list of reasons this game is not CoD, you're just being stubborn to refuse to accept any of them as 'valid' differences.

Zaph

Vinny "It's a bummer how much better this looks" (re: PC version).

Did people really expect console parity with above-average $1000 gaming PCs?

LegoArmo

I'd still buy most multi platform games on PS4 instead of my PC just for community and general ease of use. My PC isn't the most modern beast though (6970).

Titanfall just doesn't look very good on the One, although one can hope it will be further upgraded before release. Don't think it really stands as an example of the One's max power or anything. Ryse is one of the best looking games ever made after all(although it is only 30 FPS)

Still kind of surprising. I buy multiplatform games on the PC anyway and I own all the consoles. No reason to get an inferior version when you have the better tech. All about the exclusives!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's this talk about will and norm? Is Tested in trouble?

Looks like fun.

edit; Just as I typed this Brad quit out and was browsing the XB1 menu.

double edit; What happened to the settings? I don't know why its tearing now.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The screen tearing in the Wii U version here looks even worse than it did before they turned graphics down, how did that happen?

edit: This might be my first GB stream live with the new player, didn't know you could rewind. Nice feature to have over the Twitch player.

edit again: Brad went and answered. Edutainment!

popo

are we throwing out absurd names of hires they are not going to get again?

I vote for Dave Hester of storage wars fame. He needs a new gig and Jeff wants a business guy. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone clearly hasn't gone to Tested in a while...

kinda yeah.

Not since they left whiskey media no. That sucks, Will is awesome (I don't care for Norm either way, sorry Norm)

"Framerate has nothing to do with tearing."

~Brad Shoemaker

iUUdPc4e6lNOz.gif

Rhaknar

Does someone have that gif of Brad standing and all of a sudden had a :eek: face, like he couldn't believe what he just heard? I can't remember the exact reason, nor can I explain it better :/

popo

I don't know about the site itself being in trouble but there is little actual Will and Norm on the site outside of propping up Adam Savage.

Well that is the thing. So long as Berman has a relationship with Adam Savage - and Adam has an interest in the site - then Berman will continue to fund Tested.

Will and Norm might be playing cheerleaders but Adam Savage is a useful friend to have. Media jobs really are about who you know.

Friends, family, and coworkers. It was the same thing with CoD. Buying consoles is mostly because of the social aspect for me.

Luckily no one wants to play with me locally :p Although it is possible to have multiple controllers on a PC(which can be hooked up to a tv), hopefully if nothing else steam's silly os push will lead to more PC games having those local options. Seems split screen is dead all around for the most part outside of Lego games and a few other things.

Rhaknar

Not a .gif, but is the moment you're referring to?

Nah he was standing around near Jeff and someone says something that makes him have a "ah ok...wait what?" type reaction. Think he had his hand on his chin or something.

def sim

Luckily no one wants to play with me locally :p Although it is possible to have multiple controllers on a PC(which can be hooked up to a tv), hopefully if nothing else steam's silly os push will lead to more PC games having those local options. Seems split screen is dead all around for the most part outside of Lego games and a few other things.

Oh, I'm talking about online, not splitscreen. Convenience goes a long way for them.

Zaph

Not gonna lie, as much as we're in MOBA-overload at the moment, I was hoping Titanfall had more gameplay elements inspired by the genre. Without being able to push the line back and forth, the creeps look like they're just filling up space.

sixghost

...Because it's neither of those things? Shit, you might as well say Loadout is just a Team Fortress 2 expansion, or every MMO post-WoW is just a WoW-expansion. The mobility system has a completely different feel, the maps are much larger and designed in different ways, the Mech/Troop push-and-pull is a unique addition to the formula, the campaign is designed in an entirely different way. It's a very different game that's a part of the same genre. Fez is not a Braid expansion pack.

If you're coming at this argument from a "Well I don't think this game is going to change the world" perspective, obviously you're going to be jaded. If you come at this from a "this game looks like it'll be a fun time" perspective, there seems to be a lot to look forward to with this game.
The games look really, really similar dude.

def sim

Not gonna lie, as much as we're in MOBA-overload at the moment, I was hoping Titanfall had more gameplay elements inspired by the genre. Without being able to push the line back and forth, the creeps look like they're just filling up space.

Yeah, I was really hoping they'd be more of a threat and we'd have to control space to get them where we want. As is, they only look like a resource point for players.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The games look really, really similar dude.

I mean, if you think king of fighters is a clone of street fighter, sure.

I don't even like call of duty, hell I'm not even sure if I'll get titanfall, but I can already tell that the movement and having motherfucking mechs are pretty big differences. The gunplay is very similar, but so is every modern warfare shooter since well, Modern Warfare. Except for battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom