• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoggy

Errr...sorry but Goku's grandfather was NOT an alien! Geez, Vinny do your fucking homework! This is really embarassing, what if somebody asks Jeff about it and he gets it wrong? I'm sorry, but this was just too much. Unsubscribed.

they didn't even know the difference between miku and luna

eival

Just delete/block/ban and move on with no mention of it until one of two things happen: 1) the way the internet works is fundamentally changed to remove anonymity or 2) change to a different industry where a large portion of your audience aren't 12-25 attention seekers.

or ya know, you could just find another site to use rather than trying to conform everything to what you want.

this is no different than what the music and tv industry went through. there's just as many parents who dont actually want to "parent" and want the content providers to do it for them, as there are "12years olds" as you put it on the internet.

Zaph

or ya know, you could just find another site to use rather than trying to conform everything to what you want.

this is no different than what the music and tv industry went through. there's just as many parents who dont actually want to "parent" and want the content providers to do it for them, as there are "12years olds" as you put it on the internet.
What?

Ravager61

Are people having as many problems with the new video player as I am? Almost all videos are freezing/not loading quickly regardless of quality or source

Blastoise

Banned
hEe5ZeV.png

Can't wait for some NSFW action...

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Oh man, the chat is completely unbearable today. The amount of shit-talking for this unreleased game none of them have played is the worst, especially when they start complaining about the graphics of a video of the game not running at maximum settings. It honestly just feels like everyone that has a bone to pick with CoD is just pushing all of those criticisms onto this game, regardless of the fact that there is clearly far more going on here than in the average Black Ops match.

I have no interest in Call of Duty. This game seems pretty novel, and I love the level of traversal this game seems to allow.

Kerned

Banned
Titanfall looks perfectly fine. It's nothing I would buy a system for, but it seems alright. I think there is probably a certain amount of backlash resulting from how aggressively Microsoft has been pushing it the last few months. The hype has felt very forced at times.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Oh man, the chat is completely unbearable today. The amount of shit-talking for this unreleased game none of them have played is the worst, especially when they start complaining about the graphics of a video of the game not running at maximum settings. It honestly just feels like everyone that has a bone to pick with CoD is just pushing all of those criticisms onto this game, regardless of the fact that there is clearly far more going on here than in the average Black Ops match.

I have no interest in Call of Duty. This game seems pretty novel, and I love the level of traversal this game seems to allow.

Anyone bashing the graphics certainly need to shut up since they are watching a stream of other people play. But why shouldn't people commentate on how It looks more like a COD expansion pack than some industry changing game?

Lunzio

Titanfall looks perfectly fine. It's nothing I would buy a system for, but it seems alright. I think there is probably a certain amount of backlash resulting from how aggressively Microsoft has been pushing it the last few months. The hype has felt very forced at times.

The more I see the game, the more I lose the feel that it will really sell systems. Something is missing to convince me. That's not to say that it doesn't look interesting (I already have it pre-ordered for PC) but I think it will be more of a critical success than commercial.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Anyone bashing the graphics certainly need to shut up since they are watching a stream of other people play. But why shouldn't people commentate on how It looks more like a COD expansion pack than some industry changing game?

...Because it's neither of those things? Shit, you might as well say Loadout is just a Team Fortress 2 expansion, or every MMO post-WoW is just a WoW-expansion. The mobility system has a completely different feel, the maps are much larger and designed in different ways, the Mech/Troop push-and-pull is a unique addition to the formula, the campaign is designed in an entirely different way. It's a very different game that's a part of the same genre. Fez is not a Braid expansion pack.

If you're coming at this argument from a "Well I don't think this game is going to change the world" perspective, obviously you're going to be jaded. If you come at this from a "this game looks like it'll be a fun time" perspective, there seems to be a lot to look forward to with this game.

I was watching a PC stream earlier today. The guy playing was really utilizing the wall running and double jumping and that's where things looked interesting for me. The mobility is really impressive.

I really like a lot of the individual components of what I'm seeing here, traversal/mech summoning but the Call of Duty'ness of everything else makes my eyes glaze over, so I'll hope in vain that there's mod support on the PC end as it seems like it would have an incredible scene come up around it.

LordCanti

This really isn't doing anything for me :/

Being in a titan doesn't seem that powerful, the AI seems like a weird substitute for more players, and the gunplay just seems like COD. The traversal is interesting, but I've played plenty of games with that kind of traversal before.

Hopefully playing the beta will change my mind.

KarmaCow

I don't know why I watched it but the Bravely Default quick look was pretty funny and sad at the same time. It would be neat if Brad played more of it, but with how he thinks the game requires a lot of grinding I doubt he will. :(

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
...Because it's neither of those things? Shit, you might as well say Loadout is just a Team Fortress 2 expansion, or every MMO post-WoW is just a WoW-expansion. The mobility system has a completely different feel, the maps are much larger and designed in different ways, the Mech/Troop push-and-pull is a unique addition to the formula, the campaign is designed in an entirely different way. It's a very different game that's a part of the same genre. Fez is not a Braid expansion pack.

If you're coming at this argument from a "Well I don't think this game is going to change the world" perspective, obviously you're going to be jaded. If you come at this from a "this game looks like it'll be a fun time" perspective, there seems to be a lot to look forward to with this game.

You seem very invested in this game and I don't know why. Nothing you described makes it sound like anything other than a COD expansion and guess what THAT IS FINE. If people want that, they good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom