• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZlGwWqY.png

That is some freaky shit right there.

Fantastic. Oh lord.

In the Lightning QL:

Brad: Where is the numbers?

NPC: In the street in front of you.

Brad: where, there is nothing... (Ignores the street to the warf in front of the NPC and the sudden mark that appeared in his mini map)

Hence, half hour of Brad wandering aimless and complaining.

I don't even like FFXIII series.

I wonder if Jeff will give TLOU DLC a go.

Its shorter, easier to get going and it stars twice as many underage girls in it.

He should like it way more then the main game.

Ketch

They're like creeps in MOBAs. I kinda wish they took it further and made it more like Monday Night Combat (but not Super Monday Night Combat, fuck that game).

This is just dastardly. SMNC was awesome! Just needed more people playing.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I looked at the FFXIII-3 comments, expecting a bunch of people complaining how they didn't find the completly obvious numbers, but apparently nobody cares. That's a relief cause I sure couldn't see any of them.

It'd be sweet if someone picked up Dungeon Keeper 1 (or preferably 2) for UPF today. Such a fantastic game and given the controversy around the abortion of a mobile version along with similar style games in Castle Doctrine and Epic Quest for Mighty Loot it seems like a particularly good time to revisit a classic like this.

Megasoum

Banned
Wow the Myst quicklook is bringing back so many memories!

I never finished the original game (I was too young to really understand what was happening) but man the memories.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They're like creeps in MOBAs. I kinda wish they took it further and made it more like Monday Night Combat (but not Super Monday Night Combat, fuck that game).
I still love how Andrea Rene felt proud that she got like 30 kills and had no idea she was playing with bots.

The worst part is that they're so brain dead. They just exist so you can get your titan faster.

dan2026

In the Lightning QL:

Brad: where, there is nothing... (Ignores the street to the warf in front of the NPC and the sudden mark that appeared in his mini map)

Oh no not another one of those.

Is it a 'this game is awful and confusing' (misses all the obvious indicators of what to do)?

Granted Lightning Returns does sound kinda crappy.

In the Lightning QL:

Brad's gonna Brad, but the quest info definitely could have been presented a little better.

Oh god at the screen-tearing in the Myst quick look, do they not notice it? Is it the video upload at fault?

Edit: He mentions at the end he turned vsync off because of performance issues.......turn down the graphical settings, not the thing that prevents massive lines slicing everywhere :/

Lettuce

iqPFhT7dhmPLj.jpg

On a side note, why the fuck did they pick the i7 ivybridge for a gaming system!!?... a complete waste on money! Who made this decision

LordCanti

Alright, Jeff was right about Titanfall. It's pretty fun. It'd be more fun if I didn't waste precious ammo on grunts right before a pilot showed up, but.....whatever.

It's fun.

Pilots should glow Red or Blue or something to announce "HEY! I'M A REAL PERSON!" at a glance.

FStop7

Banned
I still love how Andrea Rene felt proud that she got like 30 kills and had no idea she was playing with bots.

The worst part is that they're so brain dead. They just exist so you can get your titan faster.

Titanfall looks like it's pretty much made for people like Andrea Rene.

Has anyone from outside the US ordered a t-shirt recently? The shipping seems to have gone way up. $22 to post a $15 shirt....

My shipping was around $19 to Finland for the VinnCo shirt. TBH it's quite normal for anything shipping from the US.. that's overseas shipping for you.

http://i.minus.com/iqPFhT7dhmPLj.jpg[IMG]

On a side note, why the fuck did they pick the i7 ivybridge for a gaming system!!?... a complete waste on money! Who made this decision[/QUOTE]

When the company is paying for it you go a little crazy. Its understandable.

[quote="sixghost, post: 100831763"]Who the fuck thought bringing back all the characters from FF13 would be a good idea?[/QUOTE]

Since most of them have the exact same outfits as they did in OG XIII I assume it was a "Hey. Lets just drag and drop these character models in here and get a early lunch" kind of decision.

My shipping was around $19 to Finland for the VinnCo shirt. TBH it's quite normal for anything shipping from the US.. that's overseas shipping for you.

The last thing I ordered was the 2012 members shirt. It cost just over $11 to ship that, which is about standard for a small package to Ireland. I pm'd Rorie but he said it was nothing to do with him.

dan2026

Who the fuck thought bringing back all the characters from FF13 would be a good idea?

My exact thought.

Lets make Hope the quest giver and the guy on the constant radio....
Its like they are deliberately trolling everyone who found him intolerable.

No wait, actually my first thought was, was Lightning always this boringly monotone?

popo

The last thing I ordered was the 2012 members shirt. It cost just over $11 to ship that, which is about standard for a small package to Ireland. I pm'd Rorie but he said it was nothing to do with him.

I believe the printers ship them direct. Price of most postage has increased in the last few years.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
My exact thought.

Lets make Hope the quest giver and the guy on the constant radio....
Its like they are deliberately trolling everyone who found him intolerable.

No wait, actually my first thought was, was Lightning always this boringly monotone?

Hey dont forget: You will be transported to the Ark at 6 AM!
Hey, it's nearly six! You know what that means right?
Hey, hey! Listen! It's almost six! Did you forget what'll happen at six?

Am I doing something wrong trying to download this? I download the folder, extract it, then when I double-click GiantBombAlerts.jar a dialog box comes up for a split-second then disappears and nothing happens. I downloaded the latest version of Java.

ksDh3Jq.gif

Look in the Notification Area of your taskbar. Windows 7, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom