• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You facetime with Drew? I'm jelly.

image.php

I'm really liking the Unfinished videos like that South Park one, it always seemed like they struggled with how to discuss/show stuff from prelease events or in alpha/beta outside of talking about it on the podcast or showing it in a UPF segment

I'm really liking the Unfinished videos like that South Park one, it always seemed like they struggled with how to discuss/show stuff from prelease events or in alpha/beta outside of talking about it on the podcast or showing it in a UPF segment

Yeah, that format works quite well. The South Park video was a bit odd, with them just showing the game clip without talking, and no one else than Brad seemed to be too into the game so the discussion didn't really get going. DS2 and Titanfall videos were great.

I wonder if playing through a game like Myst would just devolve into people complaining about them not being able to figure out supposedly obvious puzzle solutions fast enough etc.

BigAT

I wonder if playing through a game like Myst would just devolve into people complaining about them not being able to figure out supposedly obvious puzzle solutions fast enough etc.

Sarcasm? Of course it would.

But who cares about those people, they will complain about anything. I would certainly like to watch them play through Myst.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Titanfall looks drab as fuck, yikes.

Wonder how big it's going to be, it does not come across as a game that'll keep a huge multiplayer community for years.

obonicus

It's a beta and he says "I don't think anything will change between the Beta and release." basically pointing out how most betas are just glorified demo's in recent times.

Betas tend not to change, feature-wise. They're for finding bugs. If you're changing the UI in a beta you've messed up hugely at some point already.

popo

Betas tend not to change, feature-wise. They're for finding bugs. If you're changing the UI in a beta you've messed up hugely at some point already.

Old fashioned proper betas might change but I agree on this one. So close to lauch they can only be testing the server side, if the game isn't in cert already it will be soon.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I just need to get one traing card to sell an I can buy love. That game seemed super fun and cool.

Patryn

So I guess not only is Patrick going to PAX East, he's doing his own panel separate from the Bombcast one. And here I was guessing he was going to be skipping PAX because of the controversies.

FStop7

Banned
So I guess not only is Patrick going to PAX East, he's doing his own panel separate from the Bombcast one. And here I was guessing he was going to be skipping PAX because of the controversies.

Patrick seems to be building his name up separately from GB lately between the TED stuff, streaming more on his own channel, etc.

Megasoum

Banned
Old fashioned proper betas might change but I agree on this one. So close to lauch they can only be testing the server side, if the game isn't in cert already it will be soon.

They are testing server side stuff yes but they are also testing stuff for the day 1 patch.

TraBuch

Banned
Huh. I had no idea that Ryan and Vinny played through the end of The Matrix Online. There's no way these videos can be bad, right?

justjim89

Patrick seems to be building his name up separately from GB lately between the TED stuff, streaming more on his own channel, etc.

Not to mention even all of his GB content is also going up on his personal Youtube account. Really hoping he doesn't strike out on his own and leave GB altogether, he's been really putting up a lot of great content since his move.

Zaph

Not to mention even all of his GB content is also going up on his personal Youtube account. Really hoping he doesn't strike out on his own and leave GB altogether, he's been really putting up a lot of great content since his move.
Nah, not all of it, just the Splunkin shows. He had to use his own personal account for that because the GB one is banned from streaming (copyright claims).

popo

He is stuck out in siberia as far as game publications are concerned. He might not be planning to quit GB any time soon but it is now that he has to get his name out there. That way if it does come down to it, he can either branch out on his own or at least become a sort after freelancer without uprooting his family again.

I have no interest in ever listening to one of his talks or panels on internet abuse but do find it amusing that he takes the hate he gets and turns it in to material to further his own profile. He some kind of dark jedi hate vampire.

Screw the Myst talk, they should play The Longest Journey because there's another game coming instead.

Played it recently, doesn't hold up. By that logic though, I would like to see them play the Syberia games, well the first one at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom