• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

You could argue that the bombcast owes much of its format to 1upyours and gamespots hotspot - both starting in 2005. They were likely gaming casts before this but those are the two when I remember it going popular.

Xater

Also, Oh jeff

7PPV3Fz.png

I don't see the beta on the store. I want to play it as well.

Lingitiz

Catching up on some vids from this week. Vinny's DBZ summary from the QL and Gang Beasts from UPF are making me laugh way too much.

Catching up on some vids from this week. Vinny's DBZ summary from the QL and Gang Beasts from UPF are making me laugh way too much.

Dragon Ball Z holds kind of the same place in my heart as professional wrestling as they are both things that I really enjoyed like 15 years ago, but care almost nothing about now. So seeing Vinny talk about DBZ or listening to the Power Bombcast is just hugely fascinating to me. It'd be really interesting if Vinny sat down to watch the newish DBZ movie and have him give a review of it on the Bombcast or something.

Zaph

That's pretty hilarious.

But I am starting to wish Patrick would take a break from the internet. He's a really nice guy, and his intentions are always rock solid, but this shit has to take its toll, right?

I've never been a fan of TB (and I'm not saying Patrick is anything like him), he's always had a weird self-aggrandising tone and a knack for making his own problems worse, but that reddit shit last week made it sound like the internet has put him on the verge of a breakdown. Don't wanna see Patrick end up like that in 5 years.

Chuck

Still without luck
I actually think the character model drawings on the greenlight page would actually take away from the hilarity of it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Not even joking, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Pure dumb pandemonium of the highest order. It was fantastic.

Same here, harder than I have probably laughed in years. It was just constant, SUPER hard laughter. So great.

I actually think the character model drawings on the greenlight page would actually take away from the hilarity of it.

I totally agree. I love the blank eyes, like when two guys are just staring into each others eyes absolutely BLOWING away some punches at each other, fantastic

LackingSaint

Neo Member
That's pretty hilarious.

But I am starting to wish Patrick would take a break from the internet. He's a really nice guy, and his intentions are always rock solid, but this shit has to take its toll, right?

I've never been a fan of TB (and I'm not saying Patrick is anything like him), he's always had a weird self-aggrandising tone and a knack for making his own problems worse, but that reddit shit last week made it sound like the internet has put him on the verge of a breakdown. Don't wanna see Patrick end up like that in 5 years.

What Reddit thing was that, if I may ask?

popo

Ahahaha. Patrick 1 - Popo 0

I can't tell if he was being sarcastic because he thought I was taking the piss or he did take it at face value - it really was meant as a compliment. It is like a good comedian taking on hecklers and making them in to material for their act.

Zaph

I believe he was talking about this.
Yep, that's the one.

The post is kind of a culmination of the weird things he's said on reddit over the years (with deleted accounts). He would frequently reply to negative, but mostly innocuous, posts about some game or video he made with really, really personal overshares about his stresses, mental health, personal life etc. Engaging in that negativity has taken its toll it seems. I don't like the guy, but I think if you're gonna put yourself out there, so long as you're not hurting anyone, just do it and try not to pay too much mind to the critics.

If Patrick is going to keep engaging his critics and trolls, I hope he can compartmentalism it or has better coping mechanisms as to not share a similar fate.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I always figured that engaging the over the top negative stuff only makes other people want to anonymously poke the fire too. It's like they think maybe they'll have a shot at riling him up and getting publicized too.

Yuripaw

Banned
lol I added Jeff as a friend on my Xbox One, so I'm following him now, and he's actually watching the twitch plays pokemon stream on his xbox one, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom