• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

Jeff's "Fuck you, its call of duty" rant on the podcast was pretty surprising to me. I have no that doubt Modern Warfare can be felt in every pixel of Titanfall, but the games are sooooo fucking different. I've played like 18 hours of the beta so far, but being told I would get 80% of that enjoyment out of a CoD game was an upsetting thing to hear.

It's true though.

Other than the versatility of movement and the cat and mouse nature of the titans vs pilots...Titanfall is basically COD:BLOPS multiplayer.

It's the continuation of a play type, not the revolution of one. And that's fine. I don't like COD at all but with the few additions that Titanfall has, it's made itself a brilliant successor. But I'm not going to pretend its something it's not. It's the next stage of call of duty gameplay.

NIN90

I like how Jeff keeps asking him for translations and the following "Hmmmm... *pretends that he's trying really hard* I got nothing." dance from Brad. <3

Gonna tweet at Patrick to do a quick look of the game now

I usually like Patrick. And god bless him for trilingual VLR/999 and FE:A.

Dunno what more to say, because I don't want to initiate or even imply a "Patrick sucks" argument.

Just feel that I will not like a QL of that game from him.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
I like how Jeff keeps asking him for translations and the following "Hmmmm... *pretends that he's trying really hard* I got nothing." dance from Brad. <3

Considering my last Japanese class was 13 years ago I think I'm doing alright. &#12380;&#12435;&#12406; &#12431;&#12377;&#12428;&#12383;&#12290;

Maybe you aren't old enough to know what it's like to learn and then forget something?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Considering my last Japanese class was 13 years ago I think I'm doing alright. &#12380;&#12435;&#12406; &#12431;&#12377;&#12428;&#12383;&#12290;

Maybe you aren't old enough to know what it's like to learn and then forget something?

Hey it's Brad!

Brad, please tell us what we have to do to get you and Drew to do a Myst playthrough. I've never played/seen it and that would be pretty awesome.

Aaron

I used to have decent conversational Spanish, French, and German. Forgotten all of it.

Hey it's Brad!

Brad, please tell us what we have to do to get you and Drew to do a Myst playthrough. I've never played/seen it and that would be pretty awesome.
When there are glowing lizards left to kill? Impossible!

rudds

did you use google translate

and then he added a passive aggressive line

never change rudds

I won't as long as this thread doesn't. So I guess we're not going anywhere.

(No, I didn't need a translator. You're being the bad kind of nerd again, stop that.)

rudds

Hey it's Brad!

I'm ready as soon as Drew is, but he was worried it would get boring for people as soon as we hit a wall and spent too long not figuring out a puzzle. I can see his point but I'd still like to try it.

Kerned

Banned
I'm ready as soon as Drew is, but he was worried it would get boring for people as soon as we hit a wall and spent too long not figuring out a puzzle. I can see his point but I'd still like to try it.

I think it'd be an interesting watch, even if just a one-time thing and you never finish it. I haven't played Myst since its initial release and I'd love to see how much I remember, or if any of it seems appealing 20 years later.

Ketch

tell Drew to man up, time to stop playing baby games (warthog more like piglet plane), and play a real mans game like Myst. Besides it's a perfect excuse to drink whiskey at work. Then, when you get stuck, fuck it! you'll be too drunk to care.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Whenever Brad posts, I'm always reminded of

dvbKzst.jpg

pronk420

mr rudds is here! sugoi ne! that 8-4 bombcast you guys do is really good

please play dark souls on stream. so the world might be mended!
if you ever finish demon's souls

I used to know so much more. Having kids will make you want to relearn all that stuff you forgot again.

Brad, would you ever try to re-learn Japanese or another language?

edit; Can you recommend any good Japanese Katana memory games?

TheJerit

Agreed. I only remember a chunk of Spanish I learned from the years I took Spanish classes in HS/College. If you don't use it everyday and you have more important shit start happening as you get into the real world, it goes away real easily.

Kids these days. Got an extra rocking chair and plenty of beer left in the cooler if you want to yell at them from my porch with me.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Are you prepared to handle the complete shit show of stupidity and anger from people? Because I guarantee those things will get tossed in your general direction.

Xater

I don't think that's a big issue. Give it a good try and then there is always the chat that could help you if you do it live.

Alfredo

How much Japanese did you learn originally? Do you ever think about learning a bit more or freshening up on it? Sounds like you remember some Katakana from that Japanese PS4 Quick Look and that Japanese Catherine Demo one from back in the day.

LQX

Jeff's "Fuck you, its call of duty" rant on the podcast was pretty surprising to me. I have no that doubt Modern Warfare can be felt in every pixel of Titanfall, but the games are sooooo fucking different. I've played like 18 hours of the beta so far, but being told I would get 80% of that enjoyment out of a CoD game was an upsetting thing to hear.

I was so glad to hear Jeff say that. That call out was badly needed. I love CoD and love Titanfall after the BETA. The games are not that far apart. Different in that one uses Mechs but if Titanfall did not have Mechs it would be a CoD clone through and through with the only thing really differentiating them being the futuristic sci-fi setting none of the Black Ops CoD games have really been able to pull off.

I think anyone that likes and plays CoD regular will like Titanfall but animosity some have for CoD for being so popular is keeping many of them from admitting the games are similar. And hey, just maybe the fun you are having with this totally no experience that is Titafall is the same type of fun many have been having with CoD for years that makes it so damn popular.

TheJerit

I was so glad to hear Jeff say that. That call out was badly needed. I love CoD and love Titanfall after the BETA. The games are not that far apart. Different in that one uses Mechs but if Titanfall did not have Mechs it would be a CoD clone through and through with the only thing really differentiating them being the futuristic sci-fi setting none of the Black Ops CoD games have really been able to pull off.

I think anyone that likes and plays CoD regular will like Titanfall but animosity some have for CoD for being so popular is keeping many of them from admitting the games are similar. And hey, just maybe the fun you are having with this totally no experience that is Titafall is the same type of fun many have been having with CoD for years that makes it so damn popular.

well said.

It won't be boring. Take your time and don't use FAQs.

DO IT.

I don't know why people find it so hard to admit that it really is just CoD with mechs. Maybe you don't want to admit that you are enjoying a CoD derivative but you are. The gunplay is 99.9% identical. Whatever secondary elements have been added to the game does not change that. I had to uninstall the beta after a few hours because it was so similar.

It won't be boring. Take your time and don't use FAQs.

DO IT.

I second this, during the QL I was getting a hankering for playing some Myst myself and finally giving it a proper shot. Much better when you're bouncing ideas off another person though. And hell, you could even bring Jeff along too and he can be the 'comic relief' for when things get a bit dry trying to figure something out.

NIN90

Knew I would get Brad in here with that post. Just pulling your leg, man.
Can't remember any of the French I learned in school either.

I second this, during the QL I was getting a hankering for playing some Myst myself and finally giving it a proper shot. Much better when you're bouncing ideas off another person though. And hell, you could even bring Jeff along too and he can be the 'comic relief' for when things get a bit dry trying to figure something out.

or Vinny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom