• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was great

hfzmks.gif

Still have no idea what the dude did

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff's "Fuck you, its call of duty" rant on the podcast was pretty surprising to me. I have no that doubt Modern Warfare can be felt in every pixel of Titanfall, but the games are sooooo fucking different. I've played like 18 hours of the beta so far, but being told I would get 80% of that enjoyment out of a CoD game was an upsetting thing to hear.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jeff's "Fuck you, its call of duty" rant on the podcast was pretty surprising to me. I have no that doubt Modern Warfare can be felt in every pixel of Titanfall, but the games are sooooo fucking different. I've played like 18 hours of the beta so far, but being told I would get 80% of that enjoyment out of a CoD game was an upsetting thing to hear.
Why is it upsetting?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is there any way to watch the archived stream before it goes up on the site?

seconds later...

Zoggy

Why is it upsetting?

call of duty is so hated amongst the "hardcore" gamerz they never want to admit that it has any good qualities about it.

look at how gaf holds 60 fps games as the holy grail, and say stuff like "i don't care about the stupid graphic effects, they should get rid of all of it and always try to maintain a solid 60 fps FIRST"

then they talk shit about how bad the COD games look even though they do exactly that, sacrifice graphics for a smooth framerate.

its kinda like those super conservative homophobes who are secretly gay

call of duty is so hated amongst the "hardcore" gamerz they never want to admit that it has any good qualities about it.

look at how gaf holds 60 fps games as the holy grail, and say stuff like "i don't care about the stupid graphic effects, they should get rid of all of it and always try to maintain a solid 60 fps FIRST"

then they talk shit about how bad the COD games look even though they do exactly that, sacrifice graphics for a smooth framerate.

GAF is not a singular entity.

valeo

Why? Its true. I dont think theyve denied that either. That 20% difference Is a big deal but the shooting mechanics and general feeling of the game screams CoD.

I'm catching up on Demon's Souls and man, Brad needs to stop attacking when enemies are just about to hit him. So much HP gone from poor timing.

I'm about three-quarters of the way through and I don't think he'll make it to the Penetrator.

Ken

I'm catching up on Demon's Souls and man, Brad needs to stop attacking when enemies are just about to hit him. So much HP gone from poor timing.

I'm about three-quarters of the way through and I don't think he'll make it to the Penetrator.

Did he rescue
Biorr for that?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Did he rescue
Biorr for that?

He did.

He saved the witch, too. He also rescued Ostrava, but didn't complete the level. There's now a chance Ostrava will die while patrolling, and if Brad doesn't realise this, I'm pretty sure there's a chance to miss the key he drops if he does die.

Fevaweva

He did.

He saved the witch, too. He also rescued Ostrava, but didn't complete the level. There's now a chance Ostrava will die while patrolling, and if Brad doesn't realise this, I'm pretty sure there's a chance to miss the key he drops if he does die.

Oh God that can happen? Brad is gonna be super sad if Ostrava dies!

Par for the course, really. I liked Devil May Cry because you had to pay attention and learn enemy patterns if you wanted to succeed. Brad did none of that and still got through it. The cool thing about Demon's Souls was that to get through the combat you generally have to let your enemy attack first and then counter instead of mashing buttons in their face like in other games. Brad plays it like a hack and slash and still succeeds.

Breaking Brad is pretty much about telling me that the reasons I like a game are stupid.

And speaking of Giant Bomb Soulsing, I got the PC version of Dark Souls to play through that game again and go through the DLC I missed on the console. I accidentally killed the lady inside the golem and screwed myself over. Fuck everything.

Jintor

Jeff's Vita capture kit sucks too much to use really right? Wonder if Patrick at least will take a look at Dangan Ronpa...

Hope we at least see Banished, that has a chance.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jeff's Vita capture kit sucks too much to use really right? Wonder if Patrick at least will take a look at Dangan Ronpa...

Yeah, the kit compresses the text to shit especially, so it would be a bad way to show danganronpa.

pronk420

He did.

from what i remember
it doesn't really matter what happens with Ostrava at this point, as long as he gets the key off his body. but yeah he might miss it.

faridmon

I agree and I find this quite annoying sometimes.

It's hard for me to watch the Dark Souls/Demon's Souls content without wanting to quit a half hour in and go play the games. Still haven't beat either of them though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
from what i remember
it doesn't really matter what happens with Ostrava at this point, as long as he gets the key off his body. but yeah he might miss it.

Yea you're right, 1-3 is the
last rescue. On his next runs through it, I'm sure he'll notice that Ostrava needs help - in which case he'll either clear out the enemies from his patrol zone, or pick up the key from his corpse. There's a chance he won't realise he needs help, though, and Ostrava might die while Brad makes his way to the boss - dropping the key and thus losing it.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Why is it upsetting did COD hurt you in some personal way?

It really is COD+ mech, dumb ai bots, and great traversal.

I don't mean that to dismiss or hype the game. it's just the reality of the situation.

To act like 95% of the game isn't shit we have seen COD gunplay and unlocks, brink style traversal, countless games with dumb ai grunts, tons of mech shooters, is insane.

Titanfall isn't very original or revolutionary. Titanfall is refined mish mash of these other games for better or worse.

I hope Patrick will not do a QL of Daganronpa. That game needs to be played by Jeff and Vinny, if only because the music, the sprite work and the bear puns.

No offense, Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom