• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would side with Drew on Myst, a video feature of that would be incredibly boring. Hell, the Quick Look wasn't all that exciting. If they want to do a walky-around puzzle game, pick something like The 7th Guest.

AcridMeat

Banned
There are easier ways to attract Brad into this thread.

tumblr_n0boquIkhH1tr79wjo1_250.gif
This is still one of my favorite gifs in recent memory. It's so hypnotic and hilarious.

Play Myst Drew/Brad.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
For some reason GB videos don't resume for me anymore.

Anyone else have this problem?

I think that feature was removed with the new player, but I'm pretty sure I read they planned to bring it back when they can.

An-Det

Looks like Spookin tonight is cancelled.

Patrick Klepek
@patrickklepek
Sorry, folks, gotta cancel Spookin' With Scoops today. Our living room was, uh, flooded, and that's enough horror for today.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no! A flood? I thought all the water there was frozen.

justjim89

Man, watching the Japanese QL made me realize Sudoku is simply beyond my comprehension. I understand the rules, but no way I'd be able to work that out in my head on my own.

Man, watching the Japanese QL made me realize Sudoku is simply beyond my comprehension. I understand the rules, but no way I'd be able to work that out in my head on my own.

After you play a few games, you start to see patterns emerge.

It's more approachable then crossword puzzles for sure. That shit just scares me.

GolazoDan

It's not that bad if you have it on paper, I used to get the free newspaper on the way to classes in college/university and do them. Never got into the digital versions though, can't scribble my workings all over them.

I just wanna say, after a few posts in the podcast threads, and that "games podcasts you used to listen to but stopped" thread, I've really enjoyed the last few Bombcasts. I'm a fan of the guys in general so I like them just chatting about nonsense but they really seem to have focused more on the games recently. Probably because there's shit happening to be honest.

After you play a few games, you start to see patterns emerge.

It's more approachable then crossword puzzles for sure. That shit just scares me.
It's sort of the same answer though. A lot of the words across crosswords are reused and after you start to see some of the tense clues and stuff it gets a lot easier.

Easier or more approachable than sudoku? No way. But still after a while you start to see a lot of the goofy shit over and over again like adz, qi, alee, ulu, and some other general knowledge stuff it starts to click a lot better.

Oh no! A flood? I thought all the water there was frozen.

Its in the 40s right now and raining. Chicago doesn't always do well with large amounts of water. Not in the "I need a boat to get out of my house" but in the "oh God, there's six inches of water in my basement."

I don't know why people find it so hard to admit that it really is just CoD with mechs. Maybe you don't want to admit that you are enjoying a CoD derivative but you are. The gunplay is 99.9% identical. Whatever secondary elements have been added to the game does not change that. I had to uninstall the beta after a few hours because it was so similar.

I had the Beta and I own Ghosts. It just feels better, at least to me. It's kind of hard to explain but I reallly dig it.

Chuck

Still without luck
Brad seriously criticizing the framerate of a VIDEO of MGS5. Wow.

Just so you know Brad, the game will run at 60.

FStop7

Banned
I'm listening to the stream now and getting kind of frustrated with Patrick's attitude.

Just wait until you get to that part on the Bombcast then

OK, so I listened to the Bombcast and I didn't find what they said to be disagreeable. I didn't really find what Patrick said to be more than a little frustrating either - it was just that Alex kept trying to re-enforce a point and Patrick was kind of tuning it out. It wasn't a big deal.

IISANDERII

That singing game and mahjong game had me cracking up. I love how serious Jeff takes it and how he had come prepared, made it even funnier.

Jintor

I'm working my way through 100 easy level puzzles right now, I can generally get one done in about 7 or so minutes. Once you get the logic down it's not too bad... on easy. :p

Oh man Vinny pretending to be racist is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom