• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Being so dismissive of EDF is a bit of a bummer, especially the mechanics which can get very tactical as you increase the difficulty and team numbers. Really aren't just bad, dumb games. Hopefully by the end of the quiclook Brad realizes you can blow up every building.

Being able to blow up every building was always a part of the appeal of the series for me

If it weren't for the GAF threads hyping EDF2 I never would have gotten into it.

But I can understand why people wouldn't like it.

Alfredo

Man, the EDF Quick Look is pretty hard to watch. If you wanna get a better look at the game, I'd suggest watching Game Informer's coverage. It shows some of the more insane later game levels, as well as some crazy ass weapons.

The game looks like a ton of fun, but I wish it wasn't 50 bucks...and the framerate wasn't poop.

Zaph

For the old guard of Kasavin-era Gamespot fans, Danny is bringing back On The Spot... Kinda
SLM0RUU.jpg

'The Lobby' - Every Tuesday 2PM Pacific.

Hopefully the GB guys will drop by from time to time, otherwise watching Danny trying to work with the charisma of the Gamespot staffers will be painful.

jmood88

YouTube went behind the premium pay wall a looooong time ago.

It coincided with their own video player going to shit, too.
People have seemingly been complaining about the video player since the site launched and I've never understood the complaints. When I press the play button on a video, it plays. What is the issue?

popo

People have seemingly been complaining about the video player since the site launched and I've never understood the complaints. When I press the play button on a video, it plays. What is the issue?

Good for you? I guess the issue is that other people don't have it so good? It seems to be CDN problems so will be very depended on region.

Like I don't understand all these poor people saying they are starving. I just go to the fridge when I am hungry. What is the issue? :D

Man, the EDF Quick Look is pretty hard to watch. If you wanna get a better look at the game, I'd suggest watching Game Informer's coverage. It shows some of the more insane later game levels, as well as some crazy ass weapons.

The game looks like a ton of fun, but I wish it wasn't 50 bucks...and the framerate wasn't poop.
EDFs always have a slow ramp. once you get a few levels behind you, go back and re-do them on harder difficulties, get better weapons, then steamroll to the end.

Remember when John Rambo returned from Vietnam a broken man, his friends all dead, his country despising him?

WELL VIETNAM KICKED ASS LOOK AT THIS

kvk1

I absolutely adore the fact that Vinny described the characters on the screen during the Japanese PS4 Store video as the "give Diretide" guy.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

this is amazing

the awful badly recorded vhs quality voiceover, the qtes that require absolute perfection, rambo's awful big head mode proportions

FStop7

Banned
For the old guard of Kasavin-era Gamespot fans, Danny is bringing back On The Spot... Kinda

'The Lobby' - Every Tuesday 2PM Pacific.

Hopefully the GB guys will drop by from time to time, otherwise watching Danny trying to work with the charisma of the Gamespot staffers will be painful.

So it looks like Danny might be beating Jeff & Co to the punch at establishing the "Top Gear of Video Games"

popo

haha

tbf the feature he was trying to push before was this exact premise (playing a bad game and seeing his reactions)

What was the proposed title of the feature? I remember liking it but not what is was.

So it looks like Danny might be beating Jeff & Co to the punch at establishing the "Top Gear of Video Games"

Nothing you should aspire to any more. TG has been phoning it in for the last few years.

TraBuch

Banned
Listened to Jeff's mixlr yesterday for the first time and basically all he did was listen to and talk about classic hip hop. Is that what all of his mixlr's are? If so, I'd probably go back and listen to em all.

K.Sabot

Listened to Jeff's mixlr yesterday for the first time and basically all he did was listen to and talk about classic hip hop. Is that what all of his mixlr's are? If so, I'd probably go back and listen to em all.

Some of them have dave and they talk about fast food.

Drakeon

I don't think they're archived. But I hope I'm wrong and someone posts how to access the old mixlrs.

Why does Alex hate Alex?

not sure.

plus he's that guy on the site anyways (plays all of the not so great to shovelware games)

Shawn teaching Vinny how to seriously fuck with people in multiplayer games could be a pretty great feature.

didn't know he was a known griefer lol

would be funny

I don't think they're archived. But I hope I'm wrong and someone posts how to access the old mixlrs.

they are actually

here is the link

http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann/showreel/

AcridMeat

Banned
Nothing you should aspire to any more. TG has been phoning it in for the last few years.
"Phoning it in." They just went to Chernobyl last episode.

I really enjoyed EDF 2017, but watching 2025 the only difference I see is the pick ups look different.

edit: Some classes too I'll give credit there, just got to it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wish we would get a couple more Dumptrucks. It's my favourite feature right now, next to the Bombcast. Jeff just went to DICE, Brad to see the South Park game, Alex had something last week, I think. Patrick is doing most of them, but there have to be good interview opportunities there, too. Also, Patrick's angle is always the more serious one, which is cool, but I enjoy me some Jeff or Vinny going a little crazier.

popo

"Phoning it in." They just went to Chernobyl last episode.

I know and credit to the camera crew, they managed to avoid catching all the other camera crews on film. Since they opened it up to filming it is all over the place. Also remember the "hilarious" feature before that about how driving a dinky eurobox car is boring over long distances. It went on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom