• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pile of comics in the video. I never visited Comicvine because I have zero interest in comics so they could still be super active and I would have no idea. But yeah, the last time I heard anything about them was when Sara left.... I actually completely forgot they existed.

The site is still very active but I have no idea who else is there...don't think anyone else works out of the office though.

ref

Everyone that's a sub should check out the latest Unprofessional Friday, for at least the JFK FMV game. The Camel bit had me tearing up.
'Who did it?'
'The Camel'
'Is that his real name?'
'No, that's an Alias'
'So what's the REAL name?'
'The Camel'

hwy_61

Banned
I'm taking full credit for this...

s2rcx7b.png

They were probably going to do it anyway, but I'm happy nonetheless.

Just rewatching some old videos and I really wish they would bring back Load Our Last Save and Random PC Game. Both were really good series. Random PC Game I would prefer to have Dave around for but I think Vinny and Drew could manage it.

Everyone that's a sub should check out the latest Unprofessional Friday, for at least the JFK FMV game. The Camel bit had me tearing up.
'Who did it?'
'The Camel'
'Is that his real name?'
'No, that's an Alias'
'So what's the REAL name?'
'The Camel'

was great, but gang beasts was better last week

Just rewatching some old videos and I really wish they would bring back Load Our Last Save and Random PC Game. Both were really good series. Random PC Game I would prefer to have Dave around for but I think Vinny and Drew could manage it.

Vinny just finished his Dark Souls run, which was a LOLS. He's bound to start another one.

Vinny just finished his Dark Souls run, which was a LOLS. He's bound to start another one.

Yeah I realised that after I posted. I'd like if they went back to Xbox/PS2/Gamecube era for the next one. Those and the PS1/N64/Saturn/Dreamcast stuff feel like a neglected era on GB. We get the occassional stuff of course but not like the proper retro or modern stuff we get.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
We need a bombastica of robotic alchemic drive or whatever that RAD game was.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
If I were running giantbomb I'd be heavily considering and designing a system to leverage the wiki moderation community they've built for a way to vet and and curate community made bombasticas.

It would be so cool to have a video for almost any game on the site. And since those videos are sorta inherently more informational rather than personality driven it might not be the worst thing ever.

It would take a lot of smartness to make something like that work though.

Zaph

If I were running giantbomb I'd be heavily considering and designing a system to leverage the wiki moderation community they've built for a way to vet and and curate community made bombasticas.

It would be so cool to have a video for almost any game on the site. And since those videos are sorta inherently more informational rather than personality driven it might not be the worst thing ever.

It would take a lot of smartness to make something like that work though.
IIRC, in the very early days of GB they did mention considering user uploaded videos. But the infrastructure costs and implications were crazy high and there was no point competing with youtube.

I've been playing one of the games that Patrick had on Worth Playing this week, Javel-ein. It's pretty good so far. The art direction is sort of reminiscent of Sword & Sworcery, and the level design starts out simple enough, then gets pretty insidious about halfway through. The idea of having only one weapon that you have to retrieve every time you use it is an interesting one. Also, it's free.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC, in the very early days of GB they did mention considering user uploaded videos. But the infrastructure costs and implications were crazy high and there was no point competing with youtube.

I was just picturing a browser based editor so different users could upload different clips. Or swap out commentary tracks, etc. So say, 18 months after something is uploaded someone finds an inaccuracy or is just bored and captures better quality footage, or does what is just a better voiceover they could make those changes.

But I don't even think a company like Google has something like that. I don't even know if those things would be appropriate but it was an interesting thing to think about. Collaborative video editing like that with a really good moderaton community would so cool.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Heck yes, I'm about to have a Giantbomb East meets West Rambo Double Feature.

I wish they would have spent the time they used on those Genesis games to play more Gang Beasts or something new, of all the games to play on two UPF's in a row they pick that boring compilation.

I wish they would have spent the time they used on those Genesis games to play more Gang Beasts or something new, of all the games to play on two UPF's in a row they pick that boring compilation.

They get my hopes up every now and again when they mention doing a Genesis stream like the SNES members one but we've still yet to see it.

...maybe one day

TraBuch

Banned
Jeff's mixlr might be my new addiction. Who'd've thought listening to a dude listening to music while he drives could be so interesting?

Thank God no one is in the office on Saturday night because I just watched the Rambo QL and absolutely burst out laughing when he got shot in the head.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This not content from Giantbomb, but I feel it still deserves to be linked.
Generation 16 is a youtube series that showcases every release for the Genesis.

Greg Sewert of the PlayerOne Podcast puts it out and its GREAT. I've watched each episode twice and a few of them three times. It has a pretty irregular release schedule but you couldn't ask for a more professional production.

All GB fans who like the Genesis will enjoy for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom