• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sooo... for all the talks about not wanting to do more endurance runs, arent Breaking Bads essencially endurance runs in the end?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Honestly they should record a video of them trying to play it. Give people a taste of what EA is known for. Vinny can play weird games in the background.

FluxWaveZ

I think it's the "episodes show up mon-fri" recording format that they hate.

Which is kinda weird, isn't it? Are they opposed to daily content of a particular game?

I guess it's just hard/complicated to plan out episodes for every weekday. But it seems that the site has been doing several "non-Endurance Run, Endurance Runs" lately.

derFeef

Honestly they should record a video of them trying to play it. Give people a taste of what EA is known for. Vinny can play weird games in the background.

To be fair there were XBL issues on top of that right know, should be resolved.

edit: VV OH BOY!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
oh yes

sXkNS2e.png

server issues please

also,
Unfinished: Trials Fusion 02/26/2014

popo

Very profound. Sums up so many people.

Jeff: Everything is a niche and interests are so wide now that most people don’t want to be convinced of anything. They want their thing and they want more of their thing and fuck everything that isn’t their thing and fuck anyone who says their thing isn’t the best thing.

Which is kinda weird, isn't it? Are they opposed to daily content of a particular game?

I guess it's just hard/complicated to plan out episodes for every weekday. But it seems that the site has been doing several "non-Endurance Run, Endurance Runs" lately.

If they commit to 5 episodes of at least thirty minutes each they have to commit to record for at least three hours (including overhead) every week. Calling it LOLS or BB means they can stream out 2 hours, maybe even more if they have time, maybe twice in one week - but if they are busy e.g. Volgarr or not really feeling it e.g. Dmc they can skip weeks, or months even, without people demanding their daily fix.

Castlevania on an LCD with a 360 pad...smh. Get that man an NES to USB adapter.

Technology has come so far, they are emulating it on a waste paper basket ffs. We really are living in the future.

derFeef

Oh no!
edit: Brad should stop calling it Deathmatch, it's not really what it is.
It's basically Rush mode from BF where the zombies must blow up stuff and progress through the map.

Zaph

EA is hilarious. Turn down one of the world's best cloud infrastructures so they can use their shitty own one and turn off the servers in a couple years when they want to push a sequel.

ArjanN

I'm pretty sure that for the previous Endurance Runs they just recorded a weeks worth all at once, then uploaded them over a week.

Seemed to me their problem with it was more just that it was a lot of work, while these other formats let them just do them whenever they feel like it.

Very profound. Sums up so many people.

Jeff himself
? Kinda feel like it at times. :p

Zaph

I'm pretty sure that for the previous Endurance Runs they just recorded a weeks worth all at once, then uploaded them over a week.

Seemed to me their problem with it was more just that it was a lot of work, while these other formats let them just do them whenever they feel like it.
Nah, unless there was a holiday, at most they would record 2/3 at a time.

Doing several weeks at once would mean their casual conversation (during dungeons etc) would be stale and outdated. One of the best things about P4ER was the mini-Bombcasts you'd get.

I imagine the whole thing is a pain in the arse logistically. Breaking Brad, LOLS, RPCG (rip) all make much more sense.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Doing several weeks at once would mean their casual conversation (during dungeons etc) would be stale and outdated. One of the best things about P4ER was the mini-Bombcasts you'd get.

I imagine the whole thing is a pain in the arse logistically. Breaking Brad, LOLS, RPCG (rip) all make much more sense.

You do realize that the P4 ER filmed multiple days of content in one real day, correct? They would sit down and record multiple days at a time.

ArjanN

Only by a day or two, and a lot of times that was the case anyway.

Zaph

You do realize that the P4 ER filmed multiple days of content in one real day, correct? They would sit down and record multiple days at a time.
Did you read my post?

Dude said they would record a week at a time. I said it was only a couple days unless there was a holiday (or someone was out of town).

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Did you read my post?

Dude said they would record a week at a time. I said it was only a couple days unless there was a holiday (or someone was out of town).

There were definitely times early on they would record a week in a row.

njean777

Man this PvZ live quicklook is bumming me out. Game looked way more fun than what they're showing.

The game is actually pretty fun, I picked it up on a whim because I like PVZ (not 2 though) and was pleasantly surprised at how good the game is. Pretty cool to see Popcap leave their bread and butter of casual games and make something different and it turned out good.

KarmaCow

I really don't like the randomize progression, even without micro transactions in place. Payday 2 has it too and it's real bummer when you reach max level (I don't particularly like exp system either). There are significant mods that are hidden behind the game's RNG which promotes farming. :/

Zabant

Brad's character has an infinite ammo gun, why is he running right up to the plants every time? Seems like he's getting demolished because of it.

I really don't like the randomize progression, even without micro transactions in place. Payday 2 has it too and it's real bummer when you reach max level (I don't particularly like exp system either). There are significant mods that are hidden behind the game's RNG which promotes farming. :/

Wut

Gameplay looks okay, but I really like the presentation in Garden Warfare. The graphics looks nice, and i love the sound effects. I don't see myself ever buying it, but kudos to them for those parts of it.

EA is hilarious. Turn down one of the world's best cloud infrastructures so they can use their shitty own one and turn off the servers in a couple years when they want to push a sequel.

Also i think this game will make its way to Playstation Platforms as it was only a timed exclusive so that could be another reason to use their own shitty servers.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well jeff hates coop mode and brad does not like deathmatch mode. Game seems fun from what I can gather in the OT.

The game is actually pretty fun, I picked it up on a whim because I like PVZ (not 2 though) and was pleasantly surprised at how good the game is. Pretty cool to see Popcap leave their bread and butter of casual games and make something different and it turned out good.

Well that's good to hear. I'll have to give it a try once it reaches other platforms.

meanspartan

So are Brad and Jeff often at each other's throats like this?

Arguments are fine and even interesting, but that seemed to get just a little bit over the line for something so trivial. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Arguments are fine and even interesting, but that seemed to get just a little bit over the line for something so trivial. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Someone needs to turn heel if they are soon to debut fresh faces to the roster.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

everyone has a coworker like bradley where every conversation you ever have is always one perceived slight away from taking a left turn into a long and boring argument

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

If that is what you consider being at each other threats I would hate for you to see other arguments I've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom