• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a lot of barely repressed hostility between Brad and Jeff, I seem to notice this more and more every podcast.

Feels like they are one step away from blows half the time, what on earth is going on between those two?

It's always been like this. It's very apparent in the Game of the Year deliberations. Every year, without fail, Brad and Jeff are the ones stuck in a clash of opinions.

Jrinswand

Neo Member
There seems to be a lot of barely repressed hostility between Brad and Jeff, I seem to notice this more and more every podcast.

Feels like they are one step away from blows half the time, what on earth is going on between those two?

Well, they've gotten into arguments before, but usually Ryan Davis would have been there to squash beefs and make them both realize how fucking ridiculous they were being.

The comment Jeff was kind of making at 13:35 of that Warehouse Simulator QL along with some of the comments he made in the podcast following Ryan's passing really make you wonder how much longer he may continue doing this. But who knows. Could be reading too much into it all.

I think it's more a matter of Jeff was ready to quit the Warehouse Simulator QL as soon as he saw you could drive right through people in the first few seconds of it. I mean what kind of simulator doesn't factor in collision between the people and the forklifts? A bad one. A bad simulator.

FStop7

Banned
Bad choice of words on Brad's point, but Jeff would just not accept that Horde type MP scratches a different itch than team deathmatch. Jeff didn't even bother to argue, he just laughed at him.

That's not what I took away from it. What I heard was Brad saying he was saying that non-class based shooters were "left trigger right trigger" all in service of killing guys.

In this thread we learn that people have never been in heated arguments/misunderstandings with friends & coworkers. Having set damage vs damage-range was one argument my co-workers have. It boiled down to why it benefited some genres over others but that didn't mean there wasn't yelling or gesticulation.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I liked the part where Brad said Penetrator dude didn't seem that tough, when the below gif was about the only interaction he had with him.

GrimDenseHydatidtapeworm.gif

Would have been fun to see the fight without Biorr's help.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'm surprised Jeff hasn't fired that filthy slob after the teabag incident.

Acid08

Banned
This crazy hyperbole :lol they were totally fine outside of that one argument. And they've been friends for a long time....you really think some stupid argument over shooters means anything significant? Always at each others throats? Please.

I think some of you secretly want GB to fall apart just so you can throw around blame and feel vindicated for even bothering to write out these wild ass scenarios where everyone secretly hates each other and everything is always on the brink of collapse.

theytookourjobz

I was totally on Brad's side on that argument. Jeff wasn't even making a point of his own, he was just being dismissive of what Brad was saying without any rationale. I've got friends that do that shit to me and it's infuriating.

pronk420

I liked the part where Brad said Penetrator dude didn't seem that tough, when the below gif was about the only interaction he had with him.

Would have been fun to see the fight without Biorr's help.

yeah that was pretty amazing, although i don't doubt that Brad is some kind of demons souls savant and would destroy penetrator pretty easily.

i really hope he streams some souls too, since having played some more of that it really feels like a much more interesting world that demons. like demons souls is actually pretty small.

noobasuar

Banned
I personally wish there was more arguements. I'd rather here people confront each other than just agree with every piece of bullshit the other person says. Remember 1ip yours and the awesome arguements between Shane and Luke? Those were the fucking days.

Anyways Jeff was right, brad doesn't know what he's talking about like usaul.

monlo

I agree with Brad only partially. Comparing Titanfall to Dota is not fair because Dota has clearly defined roles between heroes, whereas Titanfall does not define a role outright.

There are, however, *still roles* in fps shooters. Any competitive player knows this and has set up roles before the match.

Brad basically argued that all soccer players don't have different roles because they all kick the ball.

Jeff didn't argue very well.

I agree with Brad only partially. Comparing Titanfall to Dota is not fair because Dota has clearly defined roles between heroes, whereas Titanfall does not define a role outright.

There are, however, *still roles* in fps shooters. Any competitive player knows this and has set up roles before the match.

Brad basically argued that all soccer players don't have different roles because they all kick the ball.

Jeff didn't argue very well.
That moment when Jeff talks about being a self sufficient medic in battlefield 4 later in the same podcast is glorious in retrospect.

theytookourjobz

I personally wish there was more arguements. I'd rather here people confront each other than just agree with every piece of bullshit the other person says. Remember 1ip yours and the awesome arguements between Shane and Luke? Those were the fucking days.

Anyways Jeff was right, brad doesn't know what he's talking about like usaul.

Brad was saying that in CoD and most other shooters (Titanfall included) there is no other role to play besides murderer. In PvZ you can play support and help your team without really having to LT/RT and for that reason he found it more "interesting" than your typical shooter. There's nothing to be "wrong" about really. It's his opinion.

Zornack

Brad was saying that in CoD and most other shooters (Titanfall included) there is no other role to play besides murderer. In PvZ you can play support and help your team without really having to LT/RT and for that reason he found it more "interesting" than your typical shooter. There's nothing to be "wrong" about really. It's his opinion.

Yeah, I don't understand people saying Brad is wrong. "Your opinion is wrong! You don't really like these things more than these other things." What the hell?

No one in that room is a "competitive player." I'm not saying they're bad, just that they play Titanfall and CoD in the way 90% of players do, lone wolf rt lt. Yeah, when you get to the high level there's strategy and different roles, but that is only at the high level.

There is always strategy and roles in games like TF2 and most horde modes. Is it super deep? No, and no one is saying that it is, just that there's more to these games than regular shooters.

I was totally on Brad's side on that argument. Jeff wasn't even making a point of his own, he was just being dismissive of what Brad was saying without any rationale. I've got friends that do that shit to me and it's infuriating.

I don't think Jeff was really trying to make some huge point, it sounded like he just thought the way Brad was going about saying he was more interested in PVZ was outlandish. He made it seem like that interested him so much more than a Titanfall or COD but that 'so much more' really came down to just "meh I may play it a little more".

daydream

Banned
This crazy hyperbole :lol they were totally fine outside of that one argument. And they've been friends for a long time....you really think some stupid argument over shooters means anything significant? Always at each others throats? Please.

I think some of you secretly want GB to fall apart just so you can throw around blame and feel vindicated for even bothering to write out these wild ass scenarios where everyone secretly hates each other and everything is always on the brink of collapse.

It's not a real GB thread without perceived slights.

Vinny says he wants to play through every Castlevania game.

I would love if this ended up being a video feature, along with a podcast of Vinny explaining all the lore, the same way he does with the likes of DBZ.

Seeing as I've never played any castlevania games, I'd like this feature, maybe something for after Brad finishes Demon's Souls, though with Dark Souls 2 coming out, I have a feeling that the guys would much rather play that. Funny how a year ago they wouldn't have touched that game with a 10 foot pole

RE_Player

With all the changes Jeff wants to make to the staff and with the recent bombcast argument between him and Brad I wouldn't be surprised if Brad left Giant Bomb or transferred over to Gamespot.
/s

In the same way that you don't have to interface with a lot of mechanics in a lot of games I guess. The experience is enriched through doing it though. I've had an immense amount of fun getting invaded/invading and seeing what goes down.

Every time I got invaded in Dark Souls the opponent was so laggy/out of sync that there was nothing enriching about it.

It's weird. I totally had Biorr with me for the Penetrator as well, but he didn't just go ahead and murder the guy on his own. He was basically there to pull aggro when I needed to back away and heal. I remember the fight still being tough even with him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom