• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Should've stopped after the skate board one.

Also, I'm kinda past the whole "Dumb FMV game" novelty they seem to do every week. Not gonna lie.

Someone pointed out that Jeff narrowly avoided going into the building that lets you cut StreetPass wrestling promos in Pokemon
Jeff seemed generally befuddled by Pokemon.

Like, he went to the Victory Road path, realized he couldn't get through, and was confused what that could possibly mean. So he marched to the center of the town and checked the map, bemoaned that the map wasn't very good, couldn't figure out what registering did, and then found the exit. He had simply never gone to the eastern part of town.

I mean, I see kids play Pokemon for the first time every generation. I feel like they generally do not have that much trouble.

Jintor

Well, I only really remembered about item registering from Gold/Silver. They don't explain that in-game anymore iirc.

Complaining about GB 'not getting stuff' is... complaining about GB not getting stuff. It's funny when it's for something you don't care about, and infuriating when it's for something you care about. Either way it's kind of pointless since they'll just be snarks mcsnarky about it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
dhgjghjdghjdghjqesnq.gif

Bedlam

Drew starts to scare me a little bit. I was a okay with communist sleeper Drew but this is something else... maybe they activated him.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man... watching 25 minutes or so of that Pokémon Quick Look was depressing. Jeff really doesn't like to put much effort into games these days, does he?

That Egoraptor Mega Man X video where he talks about how devs think people are stupid immediately comes to mind: http://youtu.be/8FpigqfcvlM?t=7m34s

He just seemed completely oblivious to so many thing and didn't want to experiment with anything... in a Pokémon game, which are designed so that just about anyone can play them.

"That could have been a drag... could have been simpler. You've got this touch screen." Yes, Jeff, that's exactly how it works if you would have just tried to do so.

Oh well, I'm sure he just isn't that interested in it. I don't want to hate on Jeff.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Waiting for the archive... What games were played on UF?

Hmmm... let's see if I remember...

First, they started talking about Soda collections and looking stuff up on Google Images
Then Brad played some Truck Racing that was released on steam recently, I don't remember the actual name.
Then they started looking at Mini-Trucks on Google Images
Then it was truck horns and train horns on YouTube
Then Vinny played Space Pirates? Some terrible-playing but really funny looking FMV game by the makers of MadDog McCree
Then Drew played Paca Plus, a japanese dating game with Alpacas as the main story beat.
Then Jeff farmed 30 achievement points on that newest XBLA Wrestling Game they covered a couple weeks ago, without actually playing the game. He just made rings, animations and a new belt. They kept talking about achievements, how they were cool at the beginning of the xbox lifespan, what drove each one of them away from it and compared achievement points between their profiles.

Oh, and they stole a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label from Gamespot, which either was full when they stole it, before the stream, but only had like 2 fingers left on it or that was a joke.

Dany

Banned
In scale of 1 to 5 stars. 1 being shit and 5 being awesome. How does this Friday compare to last weeks friday show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom