• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm sure it's already been done but I have to do it again because oh my god

10415672463_c3c21c5df2_o.gif

My god, how have I never seen this.

My favorite part is how Ryan and Brad just sort of look around reallll quick, then go right back to what they were doing.

Mr. F

Banned
Do we know if GB has received PS4/XB1's for review purposes? I'd love to know when we get the first Quick Looks and random nonsense for the next generation.

I kind of hope they get the systems on launch day, half the fun of watching launch streams is getting their live first impressions on that stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they prefer it as well, they've never put a huge priority on timely reviews.

Quentyn

Do we know if GB has received PS4/XB1's for review purposes? I'd love to know when we get the first Quick Looks and random nonsense for the next generation.

Somebody asked Patrick that yesterday, he said he knows when they will get them, but is not allowed to tell.

Honestly, I would not expect anything until maybe 2 weeks before launch. Video stuff will probably be embargoed even further than that. Gotta wait for these Day 1 patches.

Ken

I kind of hope they get the systems on launch day, half the fun of watching launch streams is getting their live first impressions on that stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they prefer it as well, they've never put a huge priority on timely reviews.

HEYYYY

I GOT A WII U

DID YOU GET A WII U

Somebody asked Patrick that yesterday, he said he knows when they will get them, but is not allowed to tell.

Honestly, I would not expect anything until maybe 2 weeks before launch. Video stuff will probably be embargoed even further than that. Gotta wait for these Day 1 patches.

Yea if its anything like the Wii U it was hey mailbag time here is our console then they went dark for like 2 weeks until the stream.

Anyone know if Patrick is going to be making it down for the launch streams? I know he wanted to be there.

OMG Aero

To this day, I cannot believe that the actually fell by accident. I remember he was constantly going back and forth behind that chest-high wall.

I'm pretty sure he moved a mattress, or some foam, bubble wrap plastic or SOMETHING behind there before doing that.
Wait, people actually believe Jeff didn't fall on purpose?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Tis random BUT...
a wild Brad and Jeff appear in the background of this GT Jon Blow Interview.

Really looking forward to hearing impressions of Resogun/PS4 stuff soon :D

Is everything at GT a "Next Gen Showdown" now? It's just an interview with Blow about the Witness...

Also
[PREMIUM] Breaking Brad: Volgarr the Viking: Part 02

Live Show on Oct 24, 2013 12:30 AM
This makes me happy

I really enjoyed the Achievements segment on UPF, but Brad's claim that Sony "are so bad about surfacing the data. You can't get to that data like anywhere" isn't accurate from my experience using sites like this one over the past four years.

http://psnprofiles.com/bradx0r&completion=all&order=played&pf=all#content

He's right in that for a long time it was a bit of a hassle to get to that stuff online. Things have gotten better, though. Still, he's an Xbot and his favorite game is perfect dark zero so he can't be trusted.

Curufinwe

I have like 200 games and demos and they're all just there under the PS3 category. It just got worse ever since I started downloading all the PS+ games.

Let's not even talk about all those horrible PSP/PSV installation bubbles because they changed how PSP games worked on PS3!

200 is a lot. I have a separate folder for PS3 Demos, but I had to delete all but one of them as my 120 GB hard drive started to get full. I also have to delete PS+ games like Darksiders once I'm done with them.

Darklord

Banned
I was listening to old bombcasts. Man, I really miss Ryan's dry snarky humour.

Ryan: Do you like eggnog? Yes or no?
Brad: Does it have to be regular eggnog? Can it be a soy nog?
Ryan: ...What? No. Get out.

or Ryan's reaction to Will Smiths "executables" "What the FUCK ARE YOU SAAAAYING?!"

popo

Catching up on yesterdays morning show.

Patrick mentions articles about these silly sounding "extreme" haunted houses. Any links? They sound super dumb.

LCfiner

or Ryan's reaction to Will Smiths "executables" "What the FUCK ARE YOU SAAAAYING?!"

Yeah, I miss him too. He brought a unique energy to the podcast and was a pretty good host for all their video content. It feels so weird to watch old quick looks with him.

Fuck, I even miss him putzing around in menus for the first 5 minutes of quick looks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess someone updated Ryans twitter profile with a more classic profile pic recently.

It freaked me out for a second.
I remember a while ago they talked about digital rights in terms of what happens to all this online stuff when the person who created them is gone, but it must be weird to live through it.
I'm still kind of surprised that the last tweet on his account is the retweet, after all this time.

BigAT

I remember a while ago they talked about digital rights in terms of what happens to all this online stuff when the person who created them is gone, but it must be weird to live through it.
I'm still kind of surprised that the last tweet on his account is the retweet, after all this time.

I'm Facebook friends with someone I went to high school with that died and his mom will still occasionally post things from his account.

It's really unsettling.

I miss his high energy a lot. Everyone else is so low-key.

Looks like it. Funny thing. Until you mentioned him I always though his nickname was a dumb sex joke (Swery69). I guess I misjudged him.

Yeah, he's not really that type. Dumb sex jokes are more Suda's thing. :p

Actually, come to think of it, the little sexual content there was in Deadly Premonition was handily fairly tastefully.

It was that Klepek TEDx YouTube video, man.

You're now internet famous.

It wasn't even my video! i'mma fraud ;_;

bjork

I recently discovered that I'd put the NDX podcasts on my ipod, so I was listening through them. On the way home today, the episode that Ryan hosts came up, and my god. So funny, he just dryly shit on the entire thing, first good laugh I've had in a long time.

Then I got home and while catching up on this thread, I saw this
I'd rather just stop engaging with you until you figure out how to be less of an asshole.

and I had a good second laugh. Brad is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom