• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Daily Dota today and Spookin' tonight, with a Bombcast coming somewhere along the way. Today is a good day for GB content.

and apparently Load our Last Souls is coming today too. Awesome.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wow. I never checked the comments or ratings on the Bombin' the AM videos on youtube til now, and hadn't realised there was still an active hatred towards Patrick/Alex. Sure it's youtube comments so what can you expect, but why are people devoting so much energy to being dicks?

Wow. I never checked the comments or ratings on the Bombin' the AM videos on youtube til now, and hadn't realised there was still an active hatred towards Patrick/Alex. Sure it's youtube comments so what can you expect, but why are people devoting so much energy to being dicks?

Well I thinks its down to them doing mostly premium content from the main office now.

If you are watching on youtube and have no exposure to the premium stuff you are basically just getting patrick and alex content + the odd quick look from the other crew these days.

Strax

New bombcast is UP

The production at the beginning is fucking amazing

Thank you based Vinny!

rejoice.png

cdkee

Banned
I just started listening to the podcast this week (with last weeks). I've never even been to the website before.

I'm hooked now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This one is especially bad in that regard. Maybe Patrick's talk lured more haters in. But yeah, the energy wasted by those people to actually seek out Patrick content and vote it down is so dumb.

Rapstah

This one is especially bad in that regard. Maybe Patrick's talk lured more haters in. But yeah, the energy wasted by those people to actually seek out Patrick content and vote it down is so dumb.

Welcome to every single downvote for every single video ever?

Zaph

Catching up on yesterdays morning show.

Patrick mentions articles about these silly sounding "extreme" haunted houses. Any links? They sound super dumb.
Blackout is one.

They're meant to be pretty fucked up - bunch of method actors going to town. Some gems from the rules:
YOU MUST WALK THROUGH ALONE - You will be prompted to do certain actions. Please do exactly as you’re told. This is for your safety. Do not ever touch the actors. Please be aware, you will encounter: FOG – STROBE LIGHTS – COMPLETE DARKNESS - CRAWLING – STAIRS – LOUD NOISES – WATER - PHYSICAL CONTACT – SEXUAL and VIOLENT SITUATIONS - You must wear a protective mask and carry a flashlight at all times.

popo

Blackout is one.

They're meant to be pretty fucked up - bunch of method actors going to town. Some gems from the rules:

Thx. Although I bet they put some of those rules in to weed out the delicate personalities. No amount of legal disclaimers would save them from lawsuits if they actually endagered anyone.

I wonder how many actors get punched each year? They can say 'no touching' in the rules but basic instinct is going to kick in for a lot of people. Even accidental flailing around must cause a lot of injuries.

Zaph

Thx. Although I bet they put some of those rules in to weed out the delicate personalities. No amount of legal disclaimers would save them from lawsuits if they actually endagered anyone.

I wonder how many actors get punched each year? They can say 'no touching' in the rules but basic instinct is going to kick in for a lot of people. Even accidental flailing around must cause a lot of injuries.
Check out the trailer here. There's a couple very quick frames of the experience. During parts of it you're definitely tied up or cellophaned. And judging by their facebook comments, while you're probably not full-on assaulted, you end up pretty bruised.

They probably get away with it due to a combination of the disclaimer, the safety word and it only appeals to a very niche crowd (it's $60, so you're not gonna get people stumbling in unaware thinking it's another lame haunted house).

LCfiner

this Dark Souls stream continues to be a blast.

With the Apple announcement thread, the CoD performance rumour thread and now this GB stream, today has a been a great day for being a lazy sack of shit on the internet.

this Dark Souls stream continues to be a blast.

With the Apple announcement thread, the CoD performance rumour thread and now this GB stream, today has a been a great day for being a lazy sack of shit on the internet.

everyday is a great day for being a lazy sack of shit with or without the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom