• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I don't get a Giant Bomb patented unboxing for the Xbone or PS4 before launch I will be disappointed.

Better send them those consoles early.

There ain't no launch like a Giant Bomb launch.

Dragon

Banned
If I don't get a Giant Bomb patented unboxing for the Xbone or PS4 before launch I will be disappointed.

They aren't getting them early according to Jeff. They'll do something similar like with the WiiU and just have a stream of all the launch games.

It's not a Giantbomb console launch if they don't talk about how they went to multiple stores in order to get some weird launch title that barely anyone knows about.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

here's what he said

Anonymous asked:
Jeff, can I count on planting my unemployed ass in front of a screen on the 15th and 22nd for a launch-day livestream of each console that I have no intention of buying?

That’s the plan, yeah. I’m a little hesitant to get out there and promote that we’re doing it until we know a little bit more about when we’ll have consoles, since that’ll determine if we can start first thing in the morning or if we have to wait until the mail shows up with the machines I pre-ordered.

iiicon

When they busted out the DualShock 4 on the last UPF I was hoping someone had an apple on them. Alas...

Pretty sure no one has a PS4 yet, unless I missed something. If you are talking about Gies taking those Battlefield 4 screen caps, I think he probably captured the footage from a review event.

FStop7

Banned
Was there any meaningful discussion about the Sessler stuff or the Xbox One OS rumors of performance issues during the morning show?

Alucrid

Banned
Was there any meaningful discussion about the Sessler stuff or the Xbox One OS rumors of performance issues during the morning show?

No. They talked about something they weren't going to talk about and I had no idea what it was they were talking about.

pelican

Agreed.

I'm looking forward to the live streaming of the consoles, especially the PS4 with it launching in the US a couple of weeks before the UK.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Well it was my own conjecture since there were rumors of not PS4 for journos and then gies posted on tweeter that he could direct capture from bf4 footage..

I don't care that Polygon has them, and it was more of a joking tongue in cheek comment,

Pretty sure EA just let folks capture footage from an event. They don't have the actual hardware themselves.

popo

Arthur Goose was complaining on twitter when Sessler was bleeting - so I would guess they will get it 2 days before release, like the rest.

Rumour was that only one web based outlet is getting really early units as some sort of dirty exclusive deal. All eyes were on IGN but they claim not. Gamespot have been quiet and if it isn't IGN, they are the only really big player left. Assuming the whole rumour was not BS to start with.

Megasoum

Banned
Brothers might be one of the best game of the year, we'll see... I'm still too early to give an opinion on the game overall however all I can say for now is that after playing 30min or so, the controls are fucking terrible! So clunky and confusing.

Brothers might be one of the best game of the year, we'll see... I'm still too early to give an opinion on the game overall however all I can say for now is that after playing 30min or so, the controls are fucking terrible! So clunky and confusing.

Confusing? No.

Clunky, lazy, contrived, and silly? Yes.

megalowho

Confusing? No.

Clunky, lazy, contrived, and silly? Yes.
I liked Brothers quite a bit but the control scheme never did click for me. It reminded me of controlling the brothers in Mario & Luigi games, which I've also never been a fan of. Powerful in spots but ended up being a distraction more than anything else overall.

Megasoum

Banned
Without spoiling too much... If I'm
right after the cave where I re-united the troll couple
... How far am I into the game?

I found the controls in Brothers actually a little too intuitive and it made all the puzzles seem rote and simplistic. Makes me wonder if maybe Starbreeze was between a rock and a hard place trying to tune the puzzles so most people could solve them and leaned towards the easy side because of all the work they put into visuals and story. I thought the story was good (especially the
epilogue
) but nothing necessarily that special. It was just cool to see a story that had its pivotal moment be
completely mechanics driven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom