• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

xjmnLoq.png

<3

Megasoum

Banned
I found the controls in Brothers actually a little too intuitive and it made all the puzzles seem rote and simplistic. Makes me wonder if maybe Starbreeze was between a rock and a hard place trying to tune the puzzles so most people could solve them and leaned towards the easy side because of all the work they put into visuals and story. I thought the story was good (especially the
epilogue
) but nothing necessarily that special. It was just cool to see a story that had its pivotal moment be
completely mechanics driven

Yeah I just finished it... It was good but no GOTY for me. I dunno.... I can see how it could really affect some people but I guess I have a cold dead heart lol.

Chaser324

Banned
As a GB moderator, I hate making my first post on NeoGAF a promotional one, but I'll compromise on my ethics for the good cause of helping sick kids.

This weekend (Nov 2) is Extra Life, and we're putting together a hub for all of the streams from GB members. You can find it at http://www.explosiveruns.com/. Come help us raise money.

As a GB moderator, I hate making my first post on NeoGAF a promotional one, but I'll compromise on my ethics for the good cause of helping sick kids.

This weekend (Nov 2) is Extra Life, and we're putting together a hub for all of the streams from GB members. You can find it at http://www.explosiveruns.com/. Come help us raise money.
No problem its a good reason so that is fine.

I do really think that GB should try to do more content on time.
I understand that they are a small crew and that they only review games that they want.
But still think it would be good for the website overall if they big fall releases had content on the same time as the rest.
At least the Quick Looks and maybe reviews later in the week.

Personally could not care less but for the good and clicks of the website in general it would be better.

I just finished Gone Home, and went back to read Patrick's review.

He mentions a "holy shit" moment that happens early in the game, but I can't recall anything of that nature.

Does anyone know what he's referring to?

Also the game was amazing.

Jintor

He mentions a "holy shit" moment that happens early in the game, but I can't recall anything of that nature.

One of the secret passageways I guess?
It's the jump scare

Zaph

This part of the review?
There is, for lack of a better phrase, a “holy shit” moment early on in the game, and it acts as though nothing's happened. The house is still there, you’re still alone, and it's time to move on.

Giving the context of the second sentence, I'm guessing he means
picking up the crucifix and the lights going out?
?

But that wasn't really early on in the game?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Jeff's Tumblr gets weird when ever he responds to questions about his personal life.

Also, I wonder if Vinny will consider a load our last souls for Demon's Souls when they finish up Dark Souls. Probably won't happen, but that would be fun to watch from the start of the game. Actually don't know if he played much of it or finished it or what.

Danielsan

Jeff's Tumblr gets weird when ever he responds to questions about his personal life.

Also, I wonder if Vinny will consider a load our last souls for Demon's Souls when they finish up Dark Souls. Probably won't happen, but that would be fun to watch from the start of the game. Actually don't know if he played much of it or finished it or what.
Vinny finished Demon's Souls

Megasoum

Banned

The only "oh shit" moment for me in the whole game was the
"bloody" bath scene.

Actually I think that was the only clever thing in the whole game.

StuBurns

Banned
Groupies are such a strange concept. I know a few women who've slept with celebrities just because they're celebrities, they don't seem to have regretted it, even years later.

Get yours G.

he's all classy and shit now, but one day he's gonna roll into UPF with a couple of honeys by his side, Godfather style

Drew won't need to go to no bars anymore

Brad has a girlfriend. He doesn't have groupies.

What is this guy talking about ?

because Brad is a renowned ladykiller

it's a joke foo

popo

Brad has a girlfriend. He doesn't have groupies.

What is this guy talking about ?

He said Brad had groupies, not that he did anything about them. He flirts a bit on twitter, I suspect he gets more explicit messages that he does not make public.. These days you only have to be reasonably attractive and mildly famous to attract some crazies.

Jeff Gerstmann - 1 part take-home-to-your-mother gentleman, and 1 part anal sex rapper.

I nearly spit my drink as I read that as "1 part anal sex raper".

popo

Any vaguely attractive female in the public eye tends to get thousands of creeps sending them sexually explicit messages and a handful of serious stalkers.

Stands to reason that someone internet famous like Brad or Jeff with get at least a few sexual messages from both sexes and the odd serious proposition.

People be crazy, yo.

The old joke I remember is the misjudged domain for therepy services www.therapist.com

bjork

I went to a concert in San Jose this weekend and there was a dude there that, from where I was standing, looked a lot like Jeff. He was laying on his back and passed out because, according to his buddies, he'd had four shots of everclear and was not feeling so hot. The guy sat up and one point, puked all over himself, then laid back down and fell asleep. When he woke up later to wipe the puke off, I could see that it wasn't actually Jeff.

But if Jeff sees this, be aware! They say someone who looks just like you exists in the world, and your double is not far away from your stomping grounds.

Keegs

One would assume that they're doing live quick looks of Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed IV today, right?

I hope so, I just checked this thread to see if i was missing something as those aren't listed on the website.

They mentioned they'd do something with Rocksmith 2014, too.

As for what premium content to check out, I agree completely with Load Our Last Souls.

jacobs34

No Batman, AC4, or BF4 reviews?

I hope this is a sign that GB is dumping reviews entirely.

I can't help but feel like there may not be a Giant Bomb, at least as we know it, in a year. It just seems those guys are losing interest, especially Jeff. I don't blame them, it was a rough year for them. It'll be interesting to see what happens after all the craziness of the next-gen launches dies down. Or maybe I'm just crazy and completely off-base.

Xater

No Batman, AC4, or BF4 reviews?

I hope this is a sign that GB is dumping reviews entirely.

Pretty sure Jeff is reviewing BF4, but as far as I know he only started playing it yesterday. At least he mentioned installing it on his PC on Twitter.

FStop7

Banned
I can't help but feel like there may not be a Giant Bomb, at least as we know it, in a year. It just seems those guys are losing interest, especially Jeff. I don't blame them, it was a rough year for them. It'll be interesting to see what happens after all the craziness of the next-gen launches dies down. Or maybe I'm just crazy and completely off-base.

This is why I hope they dump reviews, or at least the pursuit of cramming their way through new releases in order to make imaginary deadlines. The most enjoyable stuff they do is with stuff like Halo, Dark Souls, and now Pathfinder.

Batman has already been reviewed.

Got a 3/5

I stand corrected! I must have missed it in the tide of quick looks, UPFs, Pathfinder, Spookin, Bombcast, Wolf+Scoops, LOLS, Dota, etc. All of that stuff has been more entertaining and valuable than any written reviews.

jacobs34

This is why I hope they dump reviews and the pursuit of cramming their way through new releases in order to make imaginary deadlines. The most enjoyable stuff they do is with stuff like Halo, Dark Souls, and now Pathfinder.

I agree. I'm more interested in the Giant Bomb guys as entertainers than critics.

Pretty sure Jeff is reviewing BF4, but as far as I know he only started playing it yesterday. At least he mentioned installing it on his PC on Twitter.

I just hope Vinny does the Quick Look for BF4, since he actually is into Battlefield whereas I think Jeff is more of a CoD guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom