• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

They could still do QL live, not being on the schedule just means they have not decided yet. I imagine they will record quicklooks for both BF4 and AC4 today - only question is if they also stream them. No point waiting for "next gen" when they can look at PC versions either.

As for Debbie Downer. If only we all lived in a world where you could quit your job because you are getting a bit bored or jaded and you have had a bad year.

Batman has already been reviewed.

Got a 3/5

Can you provide a link, as I don't see it listed anywhere on the site.

As for why it's late, probably because they didn't receive a copy until last Friday on day of release.

And my guess for why no BF4 review is because they have said multiple times they don't go to review events, which is where the majority of BF4 multiplayer reviews came from.

FStop7

Banned
OK so I was right, then. Batman hasn't been reviewed. Good! I got enough out of the quick look to know whether or not I wanted the game.

MG310

I was hoping for a Vinny/Jeff WWE2K14 quick look but with AC4,Battlefield, Load Our Last Souls, and the Extra Life stuff this weekend it's probably not going to happen.

If I don't get a Giant Bomb patented unboxing for the Xbone or PS4 before launch I will be disappointed.

Better send them those consoles early.

There ain't no launch like a Giant Bomb launch.

Yep, the main thing that allows me to have interest in those systems right now (along with fanboys losing their fucking minds LOL)

Patryn

This is why I hope they dump reviews, or at least the pursuit of cramming their way through new releases in order to make imaginary deadlines. The most enjoyable stuff they do is with stuff like Halo, Dark Souls, and now Pathfinder.

I stand corrected! I must have missed it in the tide of quick looks, UPFs, Pathfinder, Spookin, Bombcast, Wolf+Scoops, LOLS, Dota, etc. All of that stuff has been more entertaining and valuable than any written reviews.

Jeff has already said that while in a perfect world he'd stop bothering with reviews, they'd never actually do it because if you don't do reviews (and, most importantly, get into that Metacritic average) then gaming companies don't take you seriously and would provide no assistance (review copies, access to dev team members, preview events, access to special E3 stuff, etc.).

popo

The coming up box is depressing if you are not a premium member.

Where art thou WWE 2k14 Quick Look.

I think that is only because those shows are on every week so are easy to schedule. The QLs don't get scheduled until they are recorded.

I would be amazed if you don't see AC4, BF4 and WWE quicklooks this week. They usually record at least one on mondays to put up tuesdays but I guess they were busy.

DangerStepp

I just finished Gone Home, and went back to read Patrick's review.

He mentions a "holy shit" moment that happens early in the game, but I can't recall anything of that nature.

Does anyone know what he's referring to?

Also the game was amazing.
Same here! I finished it last week and found it haunting and beautiful.

I also don't know what he's referring to; it's nice to know I'm not alone.

DangerStepp

I'm about 40 minutes into this Batman: Arkham Origins QL...do they ever mention what platform they're playing it on?

I'm assuming PC, but...

Ha it's driving me insane!

The
bathtub and crucifix
definitely gave me a slight start, but I can't recall anything early on.
I wouldn't even necessarily say that was early on... taking into account the length of the game.

skynidas

Banned
Guys, anyone knows If the live shows can be watched on mobile? (i got a galaxy IV with Chrome If it matters) my laptop got fucked up and i can't use it until i get a new one.

Serra

Are they not going to bother Quick Looking the last gen versions of BF4 and AC4?

Im going to bet they aren't going to touch the 360/PS3 versions at all, play both on PC only and probably not do separate QLs for the PS/XB1 versions (when they come out) but play them for a bit in their inevitable launch streams.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm about 40 minutes into this Batman: Arkham Origins QL...do they ever mention what platform they're playing it on?

I'm assuming PC, but...

I wouldn't even necessarily say that was early on... taking into account the length of the game.

I believe it was 360.

Watching the Pathfinder videos is fun but it also makes me realize that I would never want to play tabletop D&D. The amount of math and page-flipping required to do anything is pretty crazy.

Same here! I finished it last week and found it haunting and beautiful.

I also don't know what he's referring to; it's nice to know I'm not alone.

I assumed it was.. minor spoiler I guess..
when the bulb went out in the hidden staircase.
I was still thinking it might go all horror on me at that point.

Defunkled

There are very few weapons that aren't viable in the game. You can use just about anything you want as long as it makes sense with your build.

Yeah that's what I love about Dark Souls. I'm just talking about the Black Knight Halberd in terms of raw damage output.

FStop7

Banned
That Patrick article was some serious skinny jeans and beret navel gazing. Come on, Tricky. You can do better than that.

Dany

Banned
PODCAST???
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom