• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

webrunner

Someday every Ubisoft game will be an open-world island-based stealth-murder-hunting game.

That's why they delayed WATCH_DOGS so they could replace Chicago with a jungle island.

Xater

Someday every Ubisoft game will be an open-world island-based stealth-murder-hunting game.

That's why they delayed WATCH_DOGS so they could replace Chicago with a jungle island.

The amount of similarities between AC, Watch Dogs and FC3 is staggering. Ubisoft is homogenizing all their games. Look at the Tom Clancy games as well, all of them are becoming way too similar.

derFeef

The amount of similarities between AC, Watch Dogs and FC3 is staggering. Ubisoft is homogenizing all their games. Look at the Tom Clancy games as well, all of them are becoming way too similar.

It's a bit dusgusting TBH. I still very much enjoyed FC3, but this is going a bit too far. If Watch_Dogs ends up the same... :/

Megasoum

Banned
The modern day stuff in AC4 is completly bonkers hahahaha. That's so fucking Meta it's incredible.

Also, I can't wait to go home after a long 40+ hours at work to go play a dude working for a video game studio lol.

webrunner

It's a bit dusgusting TBH. I still very much enjoyed FC3, but this is going a bit too far. If Watch_Dogs ends up the same... :/

Really though look at this:

- Islands
- Open World
- Stealth
- Assassination targets
- Hunting

virtually every Ubisoft major title nowadays takes almost entirely from this list, with some taking the entire list.

I'd prefer they get rid of the Animus BS and just stay in the past. The present day stuff was awful.

If you want present day Assassin's Creed then go play Watch Dogs.

Eh... Thats what I was trying to say, dude.

And watching the QL, the whole Abstergo think reminds me the moments when I really started to hate AssCreed II (the photoshops and the badly done alternate history). At least, if it was stuck in the past, I feel the build up would have been better.

Brashnir

Really though look at this:

- Islands
- Open World
- Stealth
- Assassination targets
- Hunting

virtually every Ubisoft major title nowadays takes almost entirely from this list, with some taking the entire list.

the next Rayman game will have you running around an open world skinning teensies.

Megasoum

Banned
Watch_Dog is exactly the same thing. Open world with "towers to climb to unlock parts of the maps" (It's buildings you have to hack but whatever). Open world with side quests. I'm sure there's gonna be collectibles to upgrade your stuff... It's always the same thing.

derFeef

If I would be invested in the series, even liked all the animus stuff - and see the thing in Black Flag, holy shit I would turn off the game instantly, what the fuck.

Xater

Watch_Dog is exactly the same thing. Open world with "towers to climb to unlock parts of the maps" (It's buildings you have to hack but whatever). Open world with side quests. I'm sure there's gonna be collectibles to upgrade your stuff... It's always the same thing.

I bet the random crimes will be their replacement for hunting.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
10579209733_38113baeb0_o.gif

birdman

I never really realized this. I'm not bummed though, since they pretty much make the kind of game I always wanna play.

webrunner

also you have to hunt dogs. WATCH dogs. that's what the game's actually about, hunting down dogs to skin them for their watches and then murdering dudes.

Serra

Once again journalists just gobble up whatever the big llama publishers decide to show them. Brad didn't ask one question! Nor did he even TOUCH the llamas!!

Llama journalism 2013

Ozone

also you have to hunt dogs. WATCH dogs. that's what the game's actually about, hunting down dogs to skin them for their watches and then murdering dudes.
You also have to find hidden dog tags around the city, as well as purchase hot dogs from street vendors to boost your stats.

Zaph

Once again journalists just gobble up whatever the big llama publishers decide to show them. Brad didn't ask one question! Nor did he even TOUCH the llamas!!

Games journalism 2013
Pretty obvious it was a scripted demo anyway. When the owner yanked on the reins, it took the llama about 500ms to react.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I am not sure that would help. I don't know much about it myself but I am told that it is more down to the fast but lossy compression they use.

Their "high bitrate" vids are 4MB/s constant for 720p. They're better than youtube at least. Any info if they're going to cap at 1080/60 for next gen?

Zaph

Their "high bitrate" vids are 4MB/s constant for 720p. They're better than youtube at least. Any info if they're going to cap at 1080/60 for next gen?
During a UPF (I think?) Vinny said they're more likely to up the bitrate than increase resolution. Jeff said he wants 60fps everything. Drew said fuck it, upload the ProRes (1GB/min) files.

Xater

Vinny already said no to 1080p, he would rather upgrade the bitrate. I think they already did a video with 60fps but I wouldn't expect that to be a regular thing.

LTWheels

That is why I have no interest in any Ubisoft games. It's the same game I've been playing for the last 6 years.

FStop7

Banned
Wow, listening to the bombcast and does Jeff really think the BF4 trailer is a jab at CoD?

Come on.

If it's a guy punching a dog then it's pretty blatant as to what the message is. Especially considering EA's got a history of attempting jabs toward CoD.

Xater

Back to AC4. Just watched this AC4 video of someone from videogamer.com who has not played an AC game since the first one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktHudGLqyr0&hd=1

Perfect example of why all the out of the animus stuff sucks. As soon as the Abstergo bit starts he complains about wanting to get back to the cool pirate ship, which is way more interesting than the future bullshit. Also loved the end where he said AC should just have been a "history simulator". Dude is right.

Megasoum

Banned
Back to AC4. Just watched this AC4 video of someone from videogamer.com who has not played an AC game since the first one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktHudGLqyr0&hd=1

Perfect example of why all the out of the animus stuff sucks. As soon as the Abstergo bit starts he complains about wanting to get back to the cool pirate ship, which is way more interesting than the future bullshit. Also loved the end where he said AC should just have been a "history simulator". Dude is right.

I agree however I'm not worried too much for AC4. The Desmond stuff sucked balls in AC3 because you had to fight and climb around and all that. In AC4 it looks so incredibly dumb and meta that I'm actually curious to see what they will do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom