• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
Or, they realize their readers have already read all the stories they need too about a drama that may or may not matter.
Not many publications have written about it as far as I understand it, and even if they had, since when was that news policy? "Oh, IGN are covering it, so we don't need to"?
Also, they all talk about things they probably know aren't important to their readers, like obscure arcade cabinets and DOTA 2.
Sure, and they do report news, too.
I mean, I get it. Proving that the games media is all secretly in the tank for Microsoft is really important,
I certainly didn't say that. Well, I don't know what 'in the tank' means, but I'm pretty sure I didn't say it.
but maybe, just maybe, the 720/1080p isn't as big a story as you guys think to the average consumer?
I didn't say how big of a story it was, I do feel extremely sure it's a bigger deal than no MP3 playback or whatnot.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Can't wait for the 48-hour live stream...

Brad at the end:

2565635-brad_jet.gif

Not many publications have written about it as far as I understand it, and even if they had, since when was that news policy? "Oh, IGN are covering it, so we don't need to"?

Sure, and they do report news, too.

I'm pretty sure Giantbomb's policy since Day One has been, 'report on what we give a fuck about and that's it.'

I certainly didn't say that. Well, I don't know what 'in the tank' means, but I'm pretty sure I didn't say it.

On every GB thread, there's always usually at least one flare up about how biased GB is toward Microsoft. Hell, on this very page, look at the people going back to E3 and the Sony DRM situation. There is a definite tilt among a group of people that if you don't underline every story about the XBone One with how it's the worst console in the history of man, you're taking checks directly from Bill Gates.

I didn't say how big of a story it was, I do feel extremely sure it's a bigger deal than no MP3 playback or whatnot.

Honestly, I don't care about either. However, I've been told the past six months the only things that matter when it comes to next gen is the power of the device and the games coming out. Why would a _real_ gamer care about playing MP3's? That's entertainment crap like Netflix and NFL on your TV. :)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The average gamer (who is definitely not the person GB is targeting, even) can tell 60fps is better than 30fps, even if they can't tell you more that "it feels better."

Same goes for resolution. GB guys talk all the time that they play all current gen games on PC due to the resolution and framerate issues on consoles.

I do think they don't bring it up, even though they know it is important to them, is because of all the drama surrounding it.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm pretty sure Giantbomb's policy since Day One has been, 'report on what we give a fuck about and that's it.'
You believe every news story they publish is something they personally care about? And they just don't happen to care about image quality on consoles?

If that is the case, then fair enough, I just assumed they just post news, if they care about it or not.

You believe every news story they publish is something they personally care about? And they just don't happen to care about image quality on consoles?

If that is the case, then fair enough, I just assumed they just post news, if they care about it or not.

I meant more discussion on the Bombcast about news than what's posted on the web site.

In all reality, the whole 720/1080 thing only became fact in the past 24-36 hours or so with videos and such plus IW's official statement. It's entirely possible Klepek might have a thing up by the end of the week about it. Or they won't, because another story that's more important than 9/11 will come up by the end of the week.

Dragon

Banned
I meant more discussion on the Bombcast about news than what's posted on the web site.

In all reality, the whole 720/1080 thing only became fact in the past 24-36 hours or so with videos and such plus IW's official statement. It's entirely possible Klepek might have a thing up by the end of the week about it. Or they won't, because another story that's more important than 9/11 will come up by the end of the week.

Klepeck posted something about the ps4 FAQ an hour after it went up.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
People should obviously know all that crap. They should also know that the biggest game of the year has huge differences between the two brand new consoles that they will be covering for the next 5 years.

StuBurns

Banned
People should obviously know all that crap. They should also know that the biggest game of the year has huge differences between the two brand new consoles that they will be covering for the next 5 years.
Oh, maybe they can't post the news because of NDAs?

hamchan

48 hours of streaming is pretty crazy.

Especially with Brad doing 24 by himself lol. I wonder if it'll be 10 hours of Dota, a few hours of Dark Souls and other random games, then another 10 hours of Dota.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Good thing Patrick tweeted about the site problems, thought it was just me. Says if it's not working in time, it'll be streamed to the regular twitch channel for everyone.

48 hours of streaming is pretty crazy.

Especially with Brad doing 24 by himself lol. I wonder if it'll be 10 hours of Dota, a few hours of Dark Souls and other random games, then another 10 hours of Dota.

It should all be DOTA and all the games should be solo queue. Do it for the children Brad!

pax217

Does anyone know a definitive schedule/time for the live stream? I'd like to put it on my calendar.

Hm, is Spookin' still happening? Site's still messed up.

Keep your eye on Patrick's YouTube and Twitter. He almost always posts updates for this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom