• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Zaph

oh man they need to get paul barnett hes always great when hes on

Nah, I think GB has had its fill of Barnett, that last stream really showed him in a bad light. I don't expect any employee to throw their company under the bus, but there are ways of addressing an issue without resorting to completely disingenuous bullshit.

Besides, everyone would have to be nice to him because his studio closed and lots of people lost their jobs. They're not going to start asking prying questions about EA's influence and their constant PR line of "We don't make developers do anything they don't want to".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Last time he was on one of their shows he was defending that garbage that was Dungeon Keeper (ios). It was fucking awful, glad Rami from Vlambeer was in there to keep that whole segment real.

His studio got closed down so I dunno, maybe he doesn't have to follow the company mandate now.

Is he even working anymore?

Every time the camera cuts away from Spencer, he changes into a new Giant Bomb t-shirt.

Every time he walks off stage at E3 I want him to walk back on in another random indie game t shirt and thats how we learn about the ID@Xbox lineup.

THAT should be Microsoft answers to Sonys Indie 9.

Risible

Not sure what's more embarrassing: that her tit fell out of her shirt or that she was off on the number by two decimal points.

I'm sorry, but if you're an adult and list a price of 775 million and don't say to yourself "Wait, that can't be right" then your teachers have failed you miserably. She literally suffers from innumeracy.

I love Ryan's "That's 3/4 of a billion!" he shouts in amazement at her answer.

Lunzio

I'm sorry, but if you're an adult and list a price of 775 million and don't say to yourself "Wait, that can't be right" then your teachers have failed you miserably. She literally suffers from innumeracy.

Alcohol is one hell of a drug though

Lijik

Alright what Leigh did was embarrassing as hell but she was also drunk off her ass, you cant be serious with this.

I remember when I first started watching GB shit people kept posting that vid and I had no idea what the fuck was going on. Those streams just seemed like a big mess.

Chuck

Still without luck
current run-down of GB "latest stories"

trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
news
news
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer

Please just give me the option to turn off all the trailers they post. Next week is going to be horrible with Rorie posting nonstop garbage too. :/

BOTEC

current run-down of GB "latest stories"

trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
news
news
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer

Please just give me the option to turn off all the trailers they post. Next week is going to be horrible with Rorie posting nonstop garbage too. :/

Seconded. I hate trailers, and never click on them. They're just clutter to me.

Zaph

Phil Spencer? hmmmmm

I wonder if he can actually be a laid back person even though he is an MS employee

The GB E3 night shows are such a known quantity - hell, they're practically an industry staple - that if any guest turns up to them rigid and expecting a standard interview, they're setting themselves up for failure.

I never expect anyone to throw their company under the bus, but they should be able to hold their own without shilling.

Volotaire

The GB E3 night shows are such a known quantity - hell, they're practically an industry staple - that if any guest turns up to them rigid and expecting a standard interview, they're setting themselves up for failure.

I never expect anyone to throw their company under the bus, but they should be able to hold their own without shilling.

Phil Spencer seems to be more relaxed about talking about competitor's content in the last year. I listened to the Major Nelson podcast once when he was interviewing Phil and they seemed fine with praising and discussing competitor's products. I think it will work out. As long as they don't group him with too many boisterous people.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Brad Shoemaker ‏@bradshoemaker
Actually getting kind of... excited? to get on an airplane and get this E3 thing going. Nice alternative to the usual feeling of dread

hes totally going on the road trip. its all a swerve.

I don't think he will be all rigid like that (seems similar to Yoshida at least) but hopefully its not some major corporate stuff like most of the MS employees have done on this show.

And no i'm not expecting Dave Lang/JonnyV/John Drake level either, although that would be fucking hilarious if that happened :p

Zabant

He really isn't. That guy thinks that he is far more interesting than he actually is.

Paul Barnett was one of the realest dudes around back in the day. To hear his PR bullshit when he was justifying Dungeon Keeper IOS made me legit depressed, it was like he was a completely different person.

I'll give him a chance, now that mythic is gone (what a surprise huh?) hopefully he can drop that facade and get back to telling it like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom