• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really isn't. That guy thinks that he is far more interesting than he actually is.

I think he's great. Except for the last visit. But before that was all gold. The guy really knows how to tell a captivating story, even if it's about not much, he's just a joy to listen to. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him again.

Phil Spencer? hmmmmm

I wonder if he can actually be a laid back person even though he is an MS employee

Spenser seems a bit more self aware then some of the other Microsoft people they have had in the past. I wouldn't worry about him going into a full on spin mode like previous MS affiliated guests have in past years.

Hey remember they had that guy a year or two ago who spent most of his podcast time talking about smartglass and Bing + Kinect like it was the second coming? Yeah he wont be like that.

Oh and does Paul Barnett still have a job at EA right now?

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Giant Bomb's website?

I can't connect at all, it just loads endlessly and then dumps me to ERROR 503.

Edit: Um, ok. Well now it loaded. We'll see how long this lasts.

Zabant

Spenser seems a bit more self aware then some of the other Microsoft people they have had in the past. I wouldn't worry about him going into a full on spin mode like previous MS affiliated guests have in past years.

Hey remember they had that guy a year or two ago who spent most of his podcast time talking about smartglass and Bing + Kinect like it was the second coming? Yeah he wont be like that.

Spencer's 'Mr. Platitude; The Crowd Pleaser' shtick on twitter makes me raise an eyebrow. A lot of talk from that dude that will probably amount to nothing

t1hel0e.png

Zaph

Spencer's 'Mr. Platitude; The Crowd Pleaser' shtick on twitter makes me raise an eyebrow. A lot of talk from that dude that will probably amount to nothing

t1hel0e.png

I loved the OG Xbox (spent years playing Halo with Xlink) and was all-in on the 360, but with the XONE everything MS seems to do, even when they're trying to please the 'core' (I couldn't help an eyeroll there) seems fake and laced with PR.

Genuinely interested in seeing Phil on the couch. Not so he can be bombarded with awkward questions, but just to see how he handles himself in a conversational setting devoid of any script.

Usually I couldn't care less how company execs behave so long as the product is good, but MS really need to shake this feeling that they only see 'core' gamers as leverage to get a foothold for their hardware, allowing them to continue with their non-gaming agenda.

Haunted

current run-down of GB "latest stories"

trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
news
news
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer

Please just give me the option to turn off all the trailers they post. Next week is going to be horrible with Rorie posting nonstop garbage too. :/
I don't even know why they're still posting all these trailers, honestly. No one goes to fucking Giantbomb and their garbage player to watch the trailer they've seen on Youtube already.

Rehosting these trailers is wasted time and money and probably the part that makes the least sense on the site.

I don't even know why they're still posting all these trailers, honestly. No one goes to fucking Giantbomb and their garbage player to watch the trailer they've seen on Youtube already.

Rehosting these trailers is wasted time and money and probably the part that makes the least sense on the site.

Trailers make sense for the Wiki portion of the site. Would be great if they posted trailers for old games, and build up a huge back catalog of old trailers and adverts for old games linked to the gamepages on the Wiki

Obviously I can't speak to anyone else. But I actually watch quite a lot of trailers on GiantBomb. It saves me having to seek them out on YouTube, and since GiantBomb is pretty much permanently open in my browser it's easier to just go down the list on there.

That's for trailers that get released when I'm at work or whatever anyway, anything I don't watch on GB I'll watch via a link from Twitter or whatever.

Myggen

Trailers make sense for the Wiki portion of the site. Would be great if they posted trailers for old games, and build up a huge back catalog of old trailers and adverts for old games linked to the gamepages on the Wiki

Jeff talked about that on the latest Jar video, IIRC. How it would be ideal from a Wiki point of view to have "every trailer ever". But it's too much of a technical hassle to import all that stuff from Gamespot (not that they have every trailer, but still).

Also I have no problem with them uploading some trailers, and it seems like a silly minor thing to get worked up over.

edit: I also watch pretty much every trailer they upload, and think it's a good way to get people to discuss it. I more or less never visit any other gaming site anymore, so get my trailers from GB (and the forum) and GAF. Should be a way of filtering them out from the front page for the people who don't care, but it's such a minor thing.

Zaph

I swear Jeff has mentioned an 'Original Content' only type page on the site for years. I don't care if it's just a basic blog style list, it would be really useful.

Well we'll see.

And why did you have to remind me of that Kinect Bing shit :(

The GB E3 night shows are such a known quantity - hell, they're practically an industry staple - that if any guest turns up to them rigid and expecting a standard interview, they're setting themselves up for failure.

I never expect anyone to throw their company under the bus, but they should be able to hold their own without shilling.

Powerbomb Cast must have some big news in it if it is taking so long to go up.

#bolieve

Alex is just slow uploading that podcast :(

I want it before I go to bed, Alex!

Apparently the internet at Alex's location isn't that great if we go by Patrick's explanation of why Alex wasn't on today's morning show.

I would expect some delay because of that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Apparently the internet at Alex's location isn't that great if we go by Patrick's explanation of why Alex wasn't on today's morning show.

I would expect some delay because of that.

Id expect that was because Alex was at his parents house or whatever when that morning show would be normally running. It would be pretty early, pacific time.

I would think he would be at office with the rest of them for a while now.

erawsd

Jeff talked about that on the latest Jar video, IIRC. How it would be ideal from a Wiki point of view to have "every trailer ever". But it's too much of a technical hassle to import all that stuff from Gamespot (not that they have every trailer, but still).

Also I have no problem with them uploading some trailers, and it seems like a silly minor thing to get worked up over.

edit: I also watch pretty much every trailer they upload, and think it's a good way to get people to discuss it. I more or less never visit any other gaming site anymore, so get my trailers from GB (and the forum) and GAF. Should be a way of filtering them out from the front page for the people who don't care, but it's such a minor thing.

Yeah, I'm the same way. All my gaming awareness comes from GAF and Giantbomb. I don't visit any other sites and I've never gone to youtube looking for new videos. GAF moves fast and a lot of things end up buried before I see it, so I do end up looking at a lot of trailers on Giantbomb.

They know exactly what people are watching on the site. I think they've said before that they post trailers because people watch them.

If they weren't getting views, they wouldn't keep getting posted. I've watched a trailer or two on the site.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
current run-down of GB "latest stories"

trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer
news
news
trailer
trailer
trailer
trailer

Please just give me the option to turn off all the trailers they post. Next week is going to be horrible with Rorie posting nonstop garbage too. :/

Oh the humanity!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They know exactly what people are watching on the site. I think they've said before that they post trailers because people watch them.

If they weren't getting views, they wouldn't keep getting posted. I've watched a trailer or two on the site.

It would still be nice to have the option. I've never watched a trailer on Giant Bomb and just about never watch trailers in general, I'd rather not have everything clogged up with trailers and miss actual content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom