• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Oh man do you think it will be like Respawn last year? I had to shut it off because it was too much ass kissing and PR talk.

I really would be shocked if you got anything resembling a tough question from Jeff directed at Phil. If anything, Patrick would be the one to ask it, but Jeff is going to host, so you'll get a lot of "cool"s. Jeff just isn't a very good interviewer when it comes asking the questions people want answers to. It was especially weird how we got the Respawn stuff from last year because that came out of a reserved 'what do you guys think about the reaction' question, but was quickly followed with GB laughing and agreeing right along with the nonsense from the devs.

Zaph

When does this drive stream start?

E3 drive stream? Basically 24hrs from now.

Jeff said how it'll work: He'll pick up Danny, Alex picks up Mystery Guest from airport, then they'll all get into Jeff's car and go.

So far Mystery Guest has been confirmed as not Dave Lang. So a Harmonix dude?

A better mixlr archive is here: http://mixlr.ez.lv/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wasn't that a Justintv stream from Jeff's account? Might already be gone if it hadn't been ripped already. The main streams should be all over youtube, just search GB e3 day 1 and whatever year.

That year was probably the best e3. Fucking hilarious madness all round.

Think it was my first one that I watched.

Didn't they have a fridge camera, or was that the next years.

Anyone know if a new Sherlock game has come out, or been announced? It's become a yearly Justin McElroy thing.

E3 drive stream? Basically 24hrs from now.

Jeff said how it'll work: He'll pick up Danny, Alex picks up Mystery Guest from airport, then they'll all get into Jeff's car and go.

So far Mystery Guest has been confirmed as not Dave Lang. So a Harmonix dude?

A better mixlr archive is here: http://mixlr.ez.lv/[[/B]/url][/QUOTE] Thanks for this, dude! This is much better.

Otnopolit

Jeff just referred to Ryan in a way that made him sound like he was still alive. And then the long silence. Hope you're doing alright Jeff, Ryan is sitting on a cake somewhere and listening.

Myggen

I really would be shocked if you got anything resembling a tough question from Jeff directed at Phil. If anything, Patrick would be the one to ask it, but Jeff is going to host, so you'll get a lot of "cool"s.

But honestly, do you think the live stream with rotating guests and plenty of alcohol is the right place for hard questions? Those streams have never been like that, and I can't remember one "hard question" directed at anyone during those streams since they started doing them. Sure you could argue that they shouldn't have those sort of guests on (but then you'd get complaints about them only having their friends and "indie shit" on, so you can't win there), but I don't think those streams have ever been the place for probing questions about how much Microsoft fucked everything up before he arrived or whatever.

komplanen

Yet people were cool with adam coming over to pimp the PS4....?

No one is uncool with Spencer coming in to pimp the Bone. It's just that Adam at least has other qualities that people are aware of. Spencer is known to spin so hard when he's being interviewed it's a legit concern to have whether he'll actually bring anything else of value to the live streams or just read from what his publicist wrote him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, that's another topic entirely.

I just find it weird that everyone calling them MS kiss-assers when that's what they do to everyone (except with leigh alexander). They're hosts to what is basically an after-conference party. It's not that they kiss-ass to MS, it's that they're not really there to grill people they invited over.

So sometimes we get people with agendas, but I think most time of the we get developers having fun telling E3 stories. Dunno what people expect really.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
But honestly, do you think the live stream with rotating guests and plenty of alcohol is the right place for hard questions? Those streams have never been like that, and I can't remember one "hard question" directed at anyone during those streams since they started doing them. Sure you could argue that they shouldn't have those sort of guests on (but then you'd get complaints about them only having their friends and "indie shit" on, so you can't win there), but I don't think those streams have ever been the place for probing questions about how much Microsoft fucked everything up before he arrived or whatever.

No, but it's also not the place for somebody to be given a PR platform unopposed. It's best when it's casual conversation that goes wherever it goes, not when somebody decides to give his E3 press room pitch to the stream. No matter what company those people are representing it's disgusting. The worst offender lately wasn't a Microsoft rep, it was both a friend of the site and an EA employee. And that same week there was an MS guy who was perfectly fine (and stayed long after he said a word to try to help a developer get his game working).

The thing with Spencer on the GB stream is that the streams are primarily fun and entertaining. Adam has a personality where it can still be fun and entertaining despite his position. I really don't mind at all if Spencer is on the stream (don't care what company he is from), I just hope it's not a bore. I don't want a repeat of the Respawn or Cliffy stuff from last year which was some of the most boring GB content I've watched or listened to.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, who knows? Maybe spencer will be a terrible fit, maybe he'll be great, but I doubt he's going to stay on for that long anyway and from the sounds of it there are a ton of people coming.

Him having fun and acting like a human being could have something to do with that.

I'm not really having an issue with that. I don't really care that he pimped the PS4 and I like him when he's on, I just find it weird that people expects giantbomb to cause anything resembling friction on the show.

Zaph

Man, Jeff and Alex are getting me really hyped for Mario Maker. I really hope that isn't fake, it could be incredible.

Damn that Leigh stuff is more embarrassing than I remembered.

The show stuff wasn't even the worst of it. After her first appearance she copped to mistakes, but the second one? Went full nuclear on everyone. She somehow got it into her head that GB users don't mind drunk men but have a problem with drunk women. I don't think any guy has ever been that drunk and obnoxious on the E3 show?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
To me, that Adam segment didn't really feel like a Shill-moment, which is odd because he busted out a PS4. But most of what I remember of him talking was about goofing around with Shu and that Used game video, the shock of getting that much time on the stage @ E3, and that he appeared tired from all the E3 events.

Though, guess giving out a copy of TLOU to Evilore could be a "shill" moment :p

Zaph

Is it possible the the drive stream mystery guest is Vinny?

j5xPWGD.gif

jbug617

Banned
I think Jack Tretton is going to be a guest based off what Patrick said this morning. He said he took a shot to get some people he didn't think would agree to do it (Phil Spencer was one), the person is associated with Sony and it's not Shuhei Yoshida.

Bsigg12

I'm getting excited for Monday. I like the idea of them doing another live reaction show to the Sony conference so I'll be watching that.

Ohwiseone

I think Jack Tretton is going to be a guest based off what Patrick said this morning. He said he took a shot to get some people he didn't think would agree to do it (Phil Spencer was one), the person is associated with Sony and it's not Shuhei Yoshida.

That would be Awesome

Zaph

Also mentioned on today's mixlr: They get access to the GB House on Sunday, and depending on how quickly they setup, there might be a Sunday test show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom