• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
img20140811215157yos1d.gif

http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/the-giant-bomb-guide-to-esports-victory

Pax Prime Schedule is out, Giant Bomb is:

SATURDAY 8/30 8:00PM - 10:00PM

The Giant Bomb Guide to eSports Victory!

Tired of getting crushed, killed, smoked, chopped, and screwed in today's hottest multiplayer games? The expert competitors of Giant Bomb Dot Com are here to help! Stick around as we teach you techniques that will work in any eSports video game, including hot openers like "The Caravella Gambit" and "Shoemaker's Lament." After that, throws are encouraged and headshots are also welcome as we show you game-ending strats like "Gerstmann's Folly" and "The Klepek Krunch." eSports!

PANELISTS:
Jeff Gerstmann [Sun Worshipper, Giant Bomb], Brad Shoemaker [Industry Expert, Giant Bomb], Patrick Klepek [Hot Dog, Giant Bomb], Alex Navarro [Professional Widow, Giant Bomb], Dan Ryckert [Olympic Medalist, Giant Bomb], Drew Scanlon [Guitar Solo Enthusiast, Giant Bomb]

Tan

Whoa Drew's first time as a panelist. (right?) Neat.

Also looks like Alex will be taking Jeff's place on 404ing It: Breaking (Down) the Internet and Brad Muir will join him.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No Vinny, it seems. We've yet to see the final piece to the GB Puzzle. Dan and Vinny. Worlds Collide.

Tucah

you speak so well
Drew on the panel is excellent but no Vinny on the panel is a huge bummer (especially because I wanted to see some non-Velvet Sundown interaction between Vinny and Dan). Well, I guess there's always PAX East next year.

And yay movie podcast! GotG! RIP Robin Williams :(

John Drake on Kessler in the latest Bombcast had me in tears. I haven't laughed at the Bombcast in a long time but man I could not contain my laughs.

I really like Dan too, I love how he nonchalantly trolls everyone.

No Vinny, it seems. We've yet to see the final piece to the GB Puzzle. Dan and Vinny. Worlds Collide.

I bet that's why we haven't seen Dan play Gang Beasts yet. They're waiting for Vinny to be in the office. Vinny's the one that introduced it. In fact, have they played it since he left?

There's a way to get the premium podcasts to show up on my iPhone's Podcast app, right? At least I remember someone talking about it a few threads back.

Nice to see they're doing a stream with the Sony conference. A night with Giant Bomb and quality beer will be a good start for a few weeks of unemployment!

Nerokis

I'm watching the most recent UPF right now, and man, the sight of Jeff and Dan sitting in front of a green screen to play pogs (I'm excited to learn what this is) is way too endearing.

Zaph

No Vinny? Damn. Hopefully the upside might mean it allows Dan and Drew more time to shine.

Seeing as Alex is listed, it must be Vinny's choice not to travel instead of travel budget reasons. I blame those shitty contractors for no doubt stressing the Caravella family out.

Myggen

No Vinny? Damn. Hopefully the upside might mean it allows Dan and Drew more time to shine.

Seeing as Alex is listed, it must be Vinny's choice not to travel instead of travel budget reasons. I blame those shitty contractors for no doubt stressing the Caravella family out.

Yeah. Seeing as the only content that goes up on the site from PAX is the panel, where Vinny has never been very active, I can understand why it's not a priority right now. And as much as I love Vinny, that panel isn't where he usually shines so I'm not too bummed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom