• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I really, really love watching Vinny and Alex play obscure games on Steam. This is the best.

popo

PAX panels are rubbish anyway, or at least not worth the site shutting down for a whole week. They should have asked Alex to skip it too this year and pump out some site content with Vinny. Maybe have GBeast cover Boston, GBwest cover prime and send Patrick on his own to PAX Central :p

Myggen

PAX panels are rubbish anyway, or at least not worth the site shutting down for a whole week. They should have asked Alex to skip it too this year and pump out some site content with Vinny. Maybe have GBeast cover Boston, GBwest cover prime and send Patrick on his own to PAX Central :p

Man, I thought the panel at PAX East 2014 was so great that it was worth it. The PAX Prime 2013 panel was pretty excellent too, that standing ovation in honor of Ryan...

Vinny is gonna stream Bot Colony for 24 hours when PAX begins, believe :)

The panels are good fun but man those Q&A sections are the most awkward things ever.

If this means Vinny produces solo content so the site isn't empty for a week then I'm happy about this.

I never watch Q&As for any panel I watch, Giant Bomb or otherwise. That shit is always extremely awkward.

hamchan

The panels are good fun but man those Q&A sections are the most awkward things ever.

If this means Vinny produces solo content so the site isn't empty for a week then I'm happy about this.

Tucah

you speak so well
The way things have been going lately I'm sure they'll have banked enough QLs/content to keep running through PAX. We've been getting weekend content pretty regularly since Dan/Jason/Vinny moved.

Zaph

The Q&A's haven't been that bad lately. The guys are usually able to turn almost any question around and make it funny/entertaining.

Lijik

http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/the-giant-bomb-guide-to-esports-victory

Pax Prime Schedule is out, Giant Bomb is:

SATURDAY 8/30 8:00PM - 10:00PM

The Giant Bomb Guide to eSports Victory!

Tired of getting crushed, killed, smoked, chopped, and screwed in today's hottest multiplayer games? The expert competitors of Giant Bomb Dot Com are here to help! Stick around as we teach you techniques that will work in any eSports video game, including hot openers like "The Caravella Gambit" and "Shoemaker's Lament." After that, throws are encouraged and headshots are also welcome as we show you game-ending strats like "Gerstmann's Folly" and "The Klepek Krunch." eSports!

PANELISTS:
Jeff Gerstmann [Sun Worshipper, Giant Bomb], Brad Shoemaker [Industry Expert, Giant Bomb], Patrick Klepek [Hot Dog, Giant Bomb], Alex Navarro [Professional Widow, Giant Bomb], Dan Ryckert [Olympic Medalist, Giant Bomb], Drew Scanlon [Guitar Solo Enthusiast, Giant Bomb]

they've really outdone themselves with this years "I dont know, just put something down" panel description. I wanna learn the Shoemakers Lament

Rainmaker

Banned
Giant Bomb handled the few awkward questions last year with ease. I actually like the awkward Q&A parts. There's some great secondhand embarrassment-filled laughs to be had in there. Pretty much the same reason Ubisoft is always my favorite E3 conference. Seemingly unaware of itself. Full Awkward Blasts straight to your senses.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
blNPWaj.png

Almost every video gets some type of hit (and thus blocked in Germany), but that's the only one blocked worldwide.

Myggen

Yeah some pretty big bombshells so far. Quantum Break also looking way more interesting than I would have guessed.

New Tomb Raider being exclusive to the Xbone (not timed or "console exclusive", full on it seems) is just...strange. I can't even begin to guess what MS paid for that.

Wereroku

New Tomb Raider being exclusive to the Xbone (not timed or "console exclusive", full on it seems) is just...strange. I can't even begin to guess what MS paid for that.

A lot is probably the answer. I wonder if they are publishing it for square. That would lower the costs and go along with it being a lifetime exclusive.

Myggen

A lot is probably the answer. I wonder if they are publishing it for square. That would lower the costs and go along with it being a lifetime exclusive.

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense.

At least Square got a lot of money they can throw at FF XV now.
If that game ever comes out...

Zaph

But still cheaper than funding a studio yourself and taking a AAA risk of marketing a new IP.

I'm not really into TR myself. I probably would have picked it up in a Steam sale like I did the last one, but still, these types of deals just create bad sentiment and remind everyone the reason MS has to do it is because of their awful first party commitment towards to tail end of the 360.

Myggen

But still cheaper than funding a studio yourself and taking a AAA risk of marketing a new IP.

I'm not really into TR myself. I probably would have picked it up in a Steam sale like I did the last one, but still, these types of deals just create bad sentiment and remind everyone the reason MS has to do it is because of their awful first party commitment towards to tail end of the 360.

Yeah. The GAF thread about this isn't a happy place right now :p

Volotaire

There is some serious irrationality in that thread. I commented that the XB1's lineup is attracting me more and more, and someone seems to reply that It isn't increasing, but Sony's lineup is diminishing. And MS should focus on first party exclusives (completely irrelevant to the opinion I stated) .How he got from my positive opinion to that is.... I'm just not sure. I'm done with that thread.

Dragon

Banned
There is some serious irrationality in that thread. I commented that the XB1's lineup is attracting me more and more, and someone seems to reply that It isn't increasing, but Sony's lineup is diminishing. And MS should focus on first party exclusives (completely irrelevant to the opinion I stated) .How he got from my positive opinion to that is.... I'm just not sure. I'm done with that thread.

It's a shitty thing to take a game away from two platforms that supported it better than Microsoft did last gen.

MS should focus on first party exclusives so they don't have to pay for exclusives like this (as opposed to funding games like Sony is doing with Bloodborne). If you can't see the difference between these situations I really don't know what to tell you.

Like seriously, paying to prevent it from coming out on PC? What the fuck MS, that's your platform too!

I'm not offended by console exclusivity but to also not have it come out on PC is just idiotic. ESPECIALLY when it's Microsoft we're talking about.

Volotaire

It's a shitty thing to take a game away from two platforms that supported it better than Microsoft did last gen.

MS should focus on first party exclusives so they don't have to pay for exclusives like this (as opposed to funding games like Sony is doing with Bloodborne). If you can't see the difference between these situations I really don't know what to tell you.

Like seriously, paying to prevent it from coming out on PC? What the fuck MS, that's your platform too!

Not really, MS is paying for exclusivity to bolster its platform. It's business. Now the debate should be, should Microsoft have allocated the money or the resources to paying for this exclusivity deal. That I will disagree on. But I said nothing like that, all I said was the XB1 has a more attractive lineup for me now. Again, I'm not arguing his point, I'm wondering why he debated me on my opinion, which had no business connotations. You seem to as well.

When did I say (or seem to have shown) that I can't see the difference between the situations?

EDIT: i actually take quite a bit of offense to that post due to what I am studying at university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom