• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Ah, shame. They could have come into the office on media blackout and talked over a recording of the briefing. I would have liked to have seen their reactions to the tomb Raider announcement

They talked a bit about it before the PS4 stream started on the PS4 stream video. But yes, the reactions would have been great. Hope Jeff and Co. get the opportunity to go to Gamescom next year (he expressed interest in it).

Myggen

They talked a bit about it before the PS4 stream started on the PS4 stream video. But yes, the reactions would have been great. Hope Jeff and Co. get the opportunity to go to Gamescom next year (he expressed interest in it).

I doubt they'll do it. Jeff also said that most of what's at Gamescom turns up at Pax, so the only reason for going there would be going to Germany and making videos of that. Which isn't a bad reason to go! But with E3 and Pax, I highly doubt they'll ever go to Gamescom.

TGS though! Japan! The Raaaaaid!!!!

edit: My (not so original) content idea for the month is an extended interview with John "Cowboy" Bellomy about his work and career so far, maybe in a similar form to the TNTs with :D and Lang. He would obviously not be as free to talk about every aspect of what he's worked on because he's an employee of a huge corporation, but that dude is always super interesting when he's on E3 Live Shows, and seems good friends with Jeff & Co. I hope they make something like that happen some day, would be fun.

Volotaire

I doubt they'll do it. Jeff also said that most of what's at Gamescom turns up at Pax, so the only reason for going there would be going to Germany and making videos of that. Which isn't a bad reason to go! But with E3 and Pax, I highly doubt they'll ever go to Gamescom.

TGS though! Japan! The Raaaaaid!!!!

edit: My (not so original) content idea for the month is an extended interview with John "Cowboy" Bellomy about his work and career so far, maybe in a similar form to the TNTs with :D and Lang. He would obviously not be as free to talk about every aspect of what he's worked on because he's an employee of a huge corporation, but that dude is always super interesting when he's on E3 Live Shows, and seems good friends with Jeff & Co. I hope they make something like that happen some day, would be fun.

They're Liverpool/Korea trips were great, so Germany would be cool. Japan would be crazy.

Myggen

Is this radio show with Dave, when the site was down, on the main site?
http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/284337695

I can't find it on the site.

I am sure Jeff would like a trip to Germany - but a year is a long time, let's see how many games sites are still alive in 12 months.

That's a pretty depressing perspective you've got there ;) If all else fails, Jeff could make a Kickstarter about him going to Gamescom with a GoPro setup somehow streaming the whole time. Make it 10 grand!

popo

I am sure Jeff would like a trip to Germany - but a year is a long time, let's see how many games sites are still alive in 12 months.

Recording it before the Gamescom keynotes was an... odd choice. The show wasn't exactly unexpected.

That'd be entirely redundant with the stream they already did though. Remember that trailer we just saw and said was cool? Well it was cool. They're not there so there's no new information/impressions we didn't already get live.

Kind of want to see PT because I couldn't finish the demo alone because I feel like a wimp today but I don't want to listen to Patrick talk about how mad he is at Kojima throughout either :/

First person horror games really send my heart racing, especially nowadays where realistic motion is more accurately demonstrated. The first time I play the Forest or that Space game with the Oculus Rift will be the last
because I will have a heart attack

JackEtc

Haven't tuned into a Spookin' in forever!

Excited to see Patrick take on P.T. I'm way too much of a wuss to check it out for myself
KuGsj.gif

Why is Patrick angry at Kojima? Is it the (Ground Zeroes)
vagina bomb
thing?

He thought the usage of rape was "unearned" in the context of Ground Zeroes's storytelling and that Quiet is a very questionable character. Which are reasonable discussion points but it just felt almost childishly passive aggressive in the Silent Hill post. Just think his writing in general has been awful lately and it's not like he's been doing much video content either.

Great Spookin' so far, some of the best stuff Patrick has ever done on the site IMO.

hehehehehe_duck.gif

Wish Hellraiser would get a reboot one of these days, the first two films are still incredibly horrifying and there's so much more that could be done with the series. Real shame it went to the direct to dvd dumps.

FStop7

Banned
Giant Bomb handled the few awkward questions last year with ease. I actually like the awkward Q&A parts. There's some great secondhand embarrassment-filled laughs to be had in there. Pretty much the same reason Ubisoft is always my favorite E3 conference. Seemingly unaware of itself. Full Awkward Blasts straight to your senses.

Never watch panels. Never listen to emails. Your life will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom