• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
Kirby? That has nothing at all in common with Twiste..... Wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxs924BWX80

also

Tornado.png

I heard about this earlier and yeah, that's a really weird decision. Especially since having seen XSEED people tweet about the game pre-release, they clearly put a lot of work into that localization (or at least the editing of it), so it's strange that something like that's in it.

It's possible they're taking a "everyone playing this is going to be a massive weeb so they'll get it" stance when it comes to localising that thing, but eh... that's probably a poor decision to ever make, if so.

More likely it's just a game with an arseload of text and VO, and it just slipped through the cracks.

I was listening to an old Bombcast in the shower, as I do...and then it hit me.

I think I really miss hearing Vinny talk about what he's been playing lately. Isn't that fucking strange? Some random stranger I just know through a website and I like, NEED to know what he is playing for some reason.

What's wrong with me. Fuck, you Vinny. Why are you so great?

Carachan

Neo Member
what is your stance on mario party and completely unrelated: what would a crowd fund goal be roughly to get you in the states for a game of mario party

I like Mario Party but I suck at it. I would defs come across for a game of Diddy Kong Racing, which I am very good at, or Soul Calibur, which I completely rock at.

I am not sure what the crowd funding is at just now (I get scared to look at it a lot) but the only thing preventing me coming back to the states is renewing a visa and extra time (I am going to asia the latter half of this year).

hamchan

I think I really miss hearing Vinny talk about what he's been playing lately. Isn't that fucking strange? Some random stranger I just know through a website and I like, NEED to know what he is playing for some reason.

And it's a shame he's not also doing Bombing the AM. Right now we have no way to know what he's doing on a weekly basis.

diggler41

The random games he would play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJeEg1Dq52o#t=27

Ryan - Do you know what's next on your Gamefly list?
Vinny - Yeah I do... Homefront
Jeff - (Hysterically loses it)
Ryan - You are historys greatest monster.
Jeff - (Still losing it)

Ryan :(

He's been playing literally everything that exists on Steam if the quick looks are any indication

He's playing with pesky HDMI standards from the look of his Twitter yesterday.

Cranzor

OK, so apparently the "staaaaarreeeeeee" moment in the Akiba's Trip QL? That was them straight up translating "jiiiii" in the original script. Japanese has words that are essentially onomatopoeia for emotions and actions, I guess? And "jiiii" means "stare".

but these fucking localisers decided that meant an actual person had to say OUT LOUD "staaaaaaaaaaarreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" which is just... god damn it

this info brought to you by PersonaGAF

Wow, that's terrible (and kind of hilarious). Maybe they just gave that line a rough pass and never got back to it.

Curufinwe

I miss that a lot too. It doesn't help that his Bombcast replacement is so negative about so many things.

Vinny is slowly being edged out while Cara is being groomed for his position. That's why she is in this thread playing nice. #collusion

TV guide will finally realize the talent they have in vinny and poach him, which results in Vinny creating the TVGuideCast which becomes the best gaming podcast of all time... cus it's not like the Bombcast talks about games.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I played Mario Party 9 the other day and like the changes they made to the board game part. I'm not just saying that because I won thrice.

Vinny is slowly being edged out while Cara is being groomed for his position. That's why she is in this thread playing nice. #collusion

TV guide will finally realize the talent they have in vinny and poach him, which results in Vinny creating the TVGuideCast which becomes the best gaming podcast of all time... cus it's not like the Bombcast talks about games.

Haha, I would love it if Cara was actually joining Giantbomb :(

Also, Vinny WOULD be the one person to make TV Guide relevant again.

Myggen

But it's American style, incredibly melodramatic stories punctuated by suplexes.

He's said that it isn't so much that he doesn't care for Japanese wrestling, but more that American wrestling takes up so much of his time that he's chosen not to get super into Japanese wrestling on top of that.

Speaking of laura dern, i can't believe she was only 25/26 in jurassic park. As a child I would have guessed she was like 40 at least. Now at her (then) age, I'd still have guessed mid 30s or thereabouts.

Laura Dern in Jurassic Park is my age???

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I like Mario Party but I suck at it. I would defs come across for a game of Diddy Kong Racing, which I am very good at, or Soul Calibur, which I completely rock at.

but I mean, who really wants to be good at Mario Party besides Dan Ryckert?

PS I'm the guy who drunkenly asked you what the creepiest thing you found in Alex's apartment was and I almost feel bad that you answered it. If we're ever in the same room for some reason, I owe you a beer or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom