• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of laura dern, i can't believe she was only 25/26 in jurassic park. As a child I would have guessed she was like 40 at least. Now at her (then) age, I'd still have guessed mid 30s or thereabouts.

That is fucking insane. I thought she was in her 40's or something. Still found her attractive though.

>This is now a Laura Dern thread

Ultimate+Spiderman+Thread+.+I+want+photos+of+Spiderman_de4b84_4301406.jpg

Volotaire

I was almost not going to watch Blackbay Asylum Quicklook because I'm squeamish... glad I didn't end up at that decision. It's just such a funny rushed job.

Oh man Patrick's playing it up during the P.T. demo is a little much, in some parts it looks like he's in physical pain. I mean it's scary and all but god damn.

Zaph

Oh man, that's pretty useful. Thanks for the tip.

Holy shit, you're serious. This is almost as good as when I realized that clicking on the GAF logo jumps to the first unread post.

holy shit

WOAH WHAT THE FUCK

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels really dumb right now.

My life has been a lie all this time.

Whaaattt? Link please

Who are you people. This is like that moment when you wonder if the people you've been dating are a touch too young.

OK, so apparently the "staaaaarreeeeeee" moment in the Akiba's Trip QL? That was them straight up translating "jiiiii" in the original script. Japanese has words that are essentially onomatopoeia for emotions and actions, I guess? And "jiiii" means "stare".

but these fucking localisers decided that meant an actual person had to say OUT LOUD "staaaaaaaaaaarreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" which is just... god damn it

this info brought to you by PersonaGAF

yeah that part was terrible, i mean the whole game looks terrible but that part especially.

I'm playing right now with my laptop next to me. it's silly, but I dunno. I think they may have QL'ed one of the worst parts of the game. When you're actually out wandering around it's less forced.

Still, if you looked at it and thought "yeah, not for me," you're still probably right.

Wunder

I'm playing right now with my laptop next to me. it's silly, but I dunno. I think they may have QL'ed one of the worst parts of the game. When you're actually out wandering around it's less forced.

Still, if you looked at it and thought "yeah, not for me," you're still probably right.

how are the loading times?

FStop7

Banned
GB news article about PT said:
Most people are gonna flip out over this news. I want to flip out over this news (del Toro!!!!), but I'm not the biggest Kojima fan lately. But maybe it'll work out the same way as Lords of Shadow? Everyone wins? I guess?

This last paragraph is ridiculous.

Dan's Yakuza comments were rather disappointing, did he play them for more than 5 minutes? And the combat isn't really similar at all, which makes me think no.

how are the loading times?

they're not bad, but they can be frequent. Fortunately it's got a fast travel system that is both really fast and takes you just about anywhere you've already been. so once you've got a good section of town uncovered, you might be looking at about 5-10 seconds per hop.

Alfredo

OK, so apparently the "staaaaarreeeeeee" moment in the Akiba's Trip QL? That was them straight up translating "jiiiii" in the original script. Japanese has words that are essentially onomatopoeia for emotions and actions, I guess? And "jiiii" means "stare".

but these fucking localisers decided that meant an actual person had to say OUT LOUD "staaaaaaaaaaarreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" which is just... god damn it

this info brought to you by PersonaGAF

I don't know. This sounds appropriate. I've known awkward nerd folk that exclaim their actions as they do it just like that. Such a thing seems to fit that particular character pretty well.

I saw Patrick jogging today. Literally seconds before I got into my car and hit play on the latest episode of the bombcast. It was kinda surreal.

Tucah

you speak so well
Surgery Simulator is now scheduled for tomorrow. Is this... it? What they've been teasing?

Probably not, if they filmed something on location like we think they might have (or at the very least something Vinny thought was insane) it's probably not going to be a QL but some sort of special video feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom